Andrew Vaugh

Advertisement
? Idk if this is the guy but all i could find.

Andy Vaughn is in his third season at Nevada and serves as the Wolf Pack's Director of Football and Recruiting Operations.

Vaughn oversees and spearheads all aspects of the recruiting process for Nevada, including logistics and communications. He also directs the Wolf Pack's football recruiting site and coordinates social media efforts for Nevada's football program.

Vaughn came to Nevada after a successful four-year run at Middle Tennessee State, where he was the coordinator of player personal. At MTSU, Vaughn's duties included all NCAA compliance-related activities for the Blue Raider football program, assisting the recruiting coordinator in all phases of the day-to-day planning and execution, and overseeing all football camp activities. He also oversaw the football program's high school relations, recruiting logistics and communications, team practice facilities and assisted with the day-to-day operations.

A native of South Carolina, Vaughn is no stranger to Northern Nevada. He previously lived in Reno and helped coordinate a Velocity Sports Performance franchise while serving as the center director, handling business and recruiting functions. Vaughn helped Velocity develop and promote a special high-altitude performance and skills training program for elite NBA players and NFL hopefuls that was the first of its kind in the U.S.

Prior to that, Vaughn was on the staff at Clemson, where he served as an assistant for football operations, assisting in administrative operations, travel logistics, recruiting, and community relations. Vaughn also developed a high school relations program for the Tigers while serving as the team liaison for the 2005 Champs Sports Bowl.

Vaughn was also a member of the Clemson staff in 2003 as a recruiting assistant. During both tenures at Clemson, Vaughn helped the Tigers land nationally ranked top-25 recruiting classes.

Prior to joining the Clemson staff, Vaughn was a letterwinner at North Greenville University, where he played on the first bowl team in school history.

Vaughn earned a degree in sports management and business administration from North Greenville University in 2003. He also has a master's degree in physical education and sports administration from Florida State University (2005).

The File on Andy Vaughn
Born: March 24, 1981
Hometown: Seneca, S.C. Family: Wife - Jahna; Son - Brayden
Education Bachelor's, Sports Management and Business Administration, North Greenville Master's, Sports Administration, Florida State
Experience
2013-: Director of Football and Recruiting Operations, Nevada
2012: Director of Player Personnel, Nevada
2010-12 Coordinator of Player Personnel, Middle Tennessee State
2008-2010 Assistant Director of Football Operations, Middle Tennessee State
2006-07: Velocity Sports Performance, Reno
2005: Assistant for Football Operations, Clemson
2003: Recruiting Assistant, Clemson
Playing Experience
Played tight end at North Greenville (1999-2000)

Advertisement
I like this hire a lot. Manny really reaching deep and putting thought into these hires. What is his actual title? sounds like he could be the overall Director of recruiting....

I thought cooney was promoted director of recruiting??

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like this hire a lot. Manny really reaching deep and putting thought into these hires. What is his actual title? sounds like he could be the overall Director of recruiting....

You like the hire a lot? Based on what? What can you possibly know about this dude?...Also if you don't know the position how can you like the hire alot.

You like the hire a lot? Based on what? What can you possibly know about this dude?...Also if you don't know the position how can you like the hire alot.

I like his qualifications from reading the bio above. Guy has had lots of experience at good programs. It's my opinion. And unless I missed the announcement, we haven't seen anything official about what any of the new hires in the recruiting department are officially titled. We have guessed a lot from what we have seen on twitter posts. It's not even listed on the football part of the athletic website.... Cooney still listed as QC Analyst for Offense, btw.

Advertisement
Oh for joy, another FSU grad. Well at least it doesn’t look like he ever touched Temple. Any help with recruiting is welcome but at this point, I’m just waiting for the results on the field. Only winning will help in the end.
Your skeptical of the hire because he graduated from FSU...what are you 12?? I guess it’s like Alabama hiring a HC who played and coaches at one their biggest rivals. I can’t imagine them getting behind that...oh wait

Advertisement
Oh for joy, another FSU grad. Well at least it doesn’t look like he ever touched Temple. Any help with recruiting is welcome but at this point, I’m just waiting for the results on the field. Only winning will help in the end.

Dear God. I don’t even know where to start with this nonsense. Every sentence is ridiculous.

Anyways, like the hire.

Someone in another group mention below as far as some changes.
#Clemson, #Arizona, #Nebraska. Vaughn sounds like the Clemson connection, looks like more to come. Staffing up the recruiting department.

Your skeptical of the hire because he graduated from FSU...what are you 12?? I guess it’s like Alabama hiring a HC who played and coaches at one their biggest rivals. I can’t imagine them getting behind that...oh wait

From your lips to God’s ears that I could be 12 again. Didn’t we just get through with our second HC in a row that created an echo chamber of friends and family? You might want to back off the Saban comparisions. Manny did not arrive here as next step in an long series of success at increasingly bigger and bgger programs. His resume if more of a yo-yo type thing. I liked his OC hire, use of the portal and love that raid on noles clinic in Orlando, but he is long way from deity treatment. At the moment he is just another assistant hire with no HC history. May he be more Butch and less Randy.

Advertisement
Back