Andrew Vaugh

From your lips to God’s ears that I could be 12 again. Didn’t we just get through with our second HC in a row that created an echo chamber of friends and family? You might want to back off the Saban comparisions. Manny did not arrive here as next step in an long series of success at increasingly bigger and bgger programs. His resume if more of a yo-yo type thing. I liked his OC hire, use of the portal and love that raid on noles clinic in Orlando, but he is long way from deity treatment. At the moment he is just another assistant hire with no HC history. May he be more Butch and less Randy.
Wait..I didn’t even broach the manny subject..only speaking on you being skeptical of a coach or better yet assistant recruiting coordinator because of the school he graduated from..which everyone will agree on is short sighted. And Saban isn’t the only coach to graduate/play for a certain school to later on have success at a rival on the coaching trail. Steve Spurrier, UF-SCAR..Saban ,LSU-BAMA..Dabo, BAMA-CLEM and is the only challenger rn to Saban and his alma matar

But too touch on the manny deity comment, I do agree on that. But yeah that’s our fan base. We offer delusional love in the beginning followed by delusional hate when the honeymoon is over. I love the energy he has Brought the program from the outside looking in. But we will see what happens these next 2-3 years on the field.

Advertisement
Wait..I didn’t even broach the manny subject..only speaking on you being skeptical of a coach or better yet assistant recruiting coordinator because of the school he graduated from..which everyone will agree on is short sighted. And Saban isn’t the only coach to graduate/play for a certain school to later on have success at a rival on the coaching trail. Steve Spurrier, UF-SCAR..Saban ,LSU-BAMA..Dabo, BAMA-CLEM and is the only challenger rn to Saban and his alma matar

But too touch on the manny deity comment, I do agree on that. But yeah that’s our fan base. We offer delusional love in the beginning followed by delusional hate when the honeymoon is over. I love the energy he has Brought the program from the outside looking in. But we will see what happens these next 2-3 years on the field.

My basic problem is the tendency of HCs to pick staff from select group of Facebook friends. When you rise to Miami level you should be looking to improve your staff beyond what you had before. I understand that coaches want guys they know and are comfortable with, I just don’t think it is always best. Hey, maybe Manny’s old connections from FSU and other places will be the second coming of JJ’s staff after Howard’s leftovers got gone. Or better yet, Butch’s staff of future NFL HC’s. So far I like the one with the least connection to him— the new OC. He could be the worst and the others great, we will see.

I’m all about winning. Manny beats gator and I’ll sing praises from the highest. If he wins NC, I will never mention his sorrit history of nole alum again. The TOC and the Orlando toga party are HoF worthy, so he shows promise.

My basic problem is the tendency of HCs to pick staff from select group of Facebook friends. When you rise to Miami level you should be looking to improve your staff beyond what you had before. I understand that coaches want guys they know and are comfortable with, I just don’t think it is always best. Hey, maybe Manny’s old connections from FSU and other places will be the second coming of JJ’s staff after Howard’s leftovers got gone. Or better yet, Butch’s staff of future NFL HC’s. So far I like the one with the least connection to him— the new OC. He could be the worst and the others great, we will see.

I’m all about winning. Manny beats gator and I’ll sing praises from the highest. If he wins NC, I will never mention his sorrit history of nole alum again. The TOC and the Orlando toga party are HoF worthy, so he shows promise.
All coaches pick assistants based on relationships and trust. Guys who share the same core values. That happens about everywhere when it comes to be HCS

Advertisement
How can anyone ***** about the hire. It's a guy with some experience under his belt, different programs, different head coaches, job responsibilities, etc. This impresses me more than a guy being brought on for his first job or even second.

It's huge to see Miami's support staff finally start to grow. Bring on some experience.

It's really hard to determine if it will be a good hire or not. Just because a Recruiter comes from a big school does not make him a great Recruiter. Honestly there are hundreds of highly qualified and intelligent guys at smaller schools that never got their chance to move up. It's honestly the same with Coaching as well.

It's really hard to determine if it will be a good hire or not. Just because a Recruiter comes from a big school does not make him a great Recruiter. Honestly there are hundreds of highly qualified and intelligent guys at smaller schools that never got their chance to move up. It's honestly the same with Coaching as well.

Agreee. There is just no way to know as a fact. Too many variables. You just want as an entire staff (recruiting dept, coaching) they have an identity.

Advertisement
How can anyone * about the hire. It's a guy with some experience under his belt, different programs, different head coaches, job responsibilities, etc. This impresses me more than a guy being brought on for his first job or even second.

It's huge to see Miami's support staff finally start to grow. Bring on some experience.
When you learn that ***** A$s N!ggas going to ***** about anything and everything. Your life will be much easier

Good stuff.

For example: With one quarter left in the regular season, it appeared Arizona was headed to a bowl game. Then the Wildcats collapsed in the fourth quarter against Arizona State. The next morning, every coach, including Sumlin, hit the road to recruit. That doesn’t happen if Vaughn and his staff aren’t on top of things.
The white board in Vaughn’s office isn’t enough. The program has a subscription to ARMS, a computer program that stores and organizes data on prospects, reports from coaches and other essential bits of information. Everyone on the coaching staff and the recruiting team can access it, and it updates in real time. It will cost $115,000 over three years, but it’s worth every penny, Vaughn and others said.
“It’s an activity feed of what’s going on in the recruiting office,” Vaughn said. “So even though coaches aren’t in here, I can see where they’ve been throughout the day — any comments that they throw in about a high school they visited, a recruit that they spoke with or went into a home with that day.”

Good stuff.

For example: With one quarter left in the regular season, it appeared Arizona was headed to a bowl game. Then the Wildcats collapsed in the fourth quarter against Arizona State. The next morning, every coach, including Sumlin, hit the road to recruit. That doesn’t happen if Vaughn and his staff aren’t on top of things.
The white board in Vaughn’s office isn’t enough. The program has a subscription to ARMS, a computer program that stores and organizes data on prospects, reports from coaches and other essential bits of information. Everyone on the coaching staff and the recruiting team can access it, and it updates in real time. It will cost $115,000 over three years, but it’s worth every penny, Vaughn and others said.
“It’s an activity feed of what’s going on in the recruiting office,” Vaughn said. “So even though coaches aren’t in here, I can see where they’ve been throughout the day — any comments that they throw in about a high school they visited, a recruit that they spoke with or went into a home with that day.”

Thanks for sharing. I liked the Cooney promotion bc he seems to be a good relationship builder/recruiter. But I had no idea if he was a system builder to install and manage an effective recruiting infrastructure. It seems that is what Vaughn is being brought in to manage. Good to see.

Advertisement
Thanks for sharing. I liked the Cooney promotion bc he seems to be a good relationship builder/recruiter. But I had no idea if he was a system builder to install and manage an effective recruiting infrastructure. It seems that is what Vaughn is being brought in to manage. Good to see.

This. Anyone who has worked in a sales organization knows that you have the back-slapper, close 'em in the room guy to run point...and then he has his right hand man that is responsible for making the deals work on paper, maximizing windows, etc. Can't have one without the other.

Good stuff.

This is really promising

Advertisement
Back