Andrew Ivins is a JOKE

Listen around the 9 minute mark.

https://soundcloud.com/big3rollup/mother-of-all-shows-ft-andrew-ivins-and-benji-brown

Straight let dudes who were interviewing him clown UM.

Let me just put it this way... Ivins was asked who could potentially flip and he named LINGARD out of all people lol..our MF ambassador

Said he expects Hightower to go back to Cali cause most IMG kids go back to where they come from and he doesn't know what made him pick Miami. Also named Gurvan Hall, Jobe and a couple more.

Clowned our QB situation, clowned our IPF and clowned our scrimmages. Pete I'm sorry if that's your boy, but this dude is a straight up punk.

Silkk is a Gator version of Cameron Underwood. Dude's a comitted fan with little regard for nuance.

But Ivins is just a reporter. His job isn't to be a cheerleader. He shouldn't have played footsies with Silkk about the potential flips because we all know that statistically even if the average amount of player flip Miami is pretty much guaranteed a top five class at this point.

But he didn't really offend with the IPF and QB talk.

His job also isn't to put down the program. they were coming at him with false information and all he simply had to do was give them the facts. Or at least not make **** up about our most solid commits.

He didn't make anything up. He speculated when asked to speculate. It was aloof, not an intentional attack.

He got the IPF fact wrong, I guess. What is it?

Advertisement
I have no personal problem with Ivins. All I said was he doesn't "steal" my info like I know others do.

But he isn't my boy. I've never really spoken to him

Call em out and shame them.

Real scoops are hard to come by and are the lifeblood of any good reporter.

There are writers who want to see miami succeed e.g. Christy, porter, susan, nd ivins

Advertisement
That show in general was garbage

it is pretty bad. Kev is a good dude, but he lets the other two clown on him all the time. Newberg is your typical FSU douche-bag fan. Silkk is a hater.

Advertisement
He was joking.

Ivins is actually a big canes fan. You can tell.

^This. I've met Ivins and he's both a professional and a genuine supporter of the program. He was asked a stupid question and gave a stupid answer.

I think people on here are just upset that he, for whatever reason, said "Lingard" which freaks all of us out just thinking about how we could possibly lose the 2018 ambassador.

Advertisement
Just another day of our idiotic fans sounding off. I think he does a good job.

Yeah he easily is the best Miami reporter not named peter ariz and has provided some sort of value for the Miami 247 site

Ivins is producing the best Miami recruiting content available by far.

Sorry, it's a fact.

Pete is gunning to be an on air personality and it is going very well for him.

This is what Andrew posted today about those comments...............

18010734_10158695293510045_1176675674650967998_n.jpg

Advertisement
This is what Andrew posted today about those comments...............

18010734_10158695293510045_1176675674650967998_n.jpg

He writes a lot better than he interviews. Never had a problem with him until I heard podcast, which was a huge joke so maybe he wasn't taking it serious enough to think about his answers at the time.

Look, a lot of us here get it, for the most part we understand nothing is for sure on the recruiting trail, and the McFarland and CJ fiasco, is still fresh in a lot of our minds. We know nothing is guaranteed until the fax is sent, the signature means little. But there are some things that don't need to ever be brought up. Like our ambassador

Saying anyone could flip is redundant. He was asked a question and instead of naming the player most likely to flip, he names the one least likely to flip, then even added a "gurvan hall for sure". No need for all that extra ****, but if you insist on being redundant, make a general statement and be done with it.

Like come on bro, you're a professional, don't give those losers more than what they need or deserve. We're at a point now we're these Nole and gator trolls are starting to fear us again, as a representative of the canes its your job to reaffirm it, not make us look like a joke and dog us.

Thank you tweed for posting his rebuttal. I appreciate that at least he's attempting to clarify the Lingawd comment.

He was joking.

Ivins is actually a big canes fan. You can tell.

^This. I've met Ivins and he's both a professional and a genuine supporter of the program. He was asked a stupid question and gave a stupid answer.

I think people on here are just upset that he, for whatever reason, said "Lingard" which freaks all of us out just thinking about how we could possibly lose the 2018 ambassador.

Well, he's not supposed to be either. He's just supposed to provide information and report on what happens.

Can't criticize homers of other teams with the journalistic integrity of an ant and want your reporters to do the same. It's not a competition. It's not his job to defend the home team. He needs to just do his job and report.

Advertisement
Back