Andres Borregales

Advertisement
We were spoiled by his older brother. People had PTSD with Baxa and conveniently forgot how bad a bad kicker can get ... as in at least 2 probably 3 win-loss swing bad. Baby B is $$$$.
I don’t think anyone forgot. He changed the entire game plan in a bad way.

Not sure if it’s the same one but I heard he nailed a 52 yarder and everyone went crazy after a scrimmage or practice. That might be the one, that could explain the excitement since they didn’t have to run sprints and he redeemed himself. Not 100% but I thought it was after the last scrimmage. I didn’t have the volume on when I watched the spring game, so I didn’t hear the story.
Diaz talked about it a week or two ago I think. Was something like randomly at the beginning of practice, they put him on the spot, make this and the team won’t have to run. He missed that one, but he and the team rallied around it and responded well...and he’s hit some big kicks since... something like that

Advertisement
His leg looked at minimum on par with his brother
He has a bigger and more accurate leg than his brother. They made a Youtube video last year of both of them going head to head and Andres won. also kicked a 65 yard field goal down the middle. :sideeyes:

He’s not his brother yet , let’s not get crazy. His brothers foot meeting the ball sounded like an explosion. He’ll need a couple years before he equals that.
@Cribby it's well known by his family and friends that he has a bigger and stronger leg than his brother.

He’s not his brother yet , let’s not get crazy. His brothers foot meeting the ball sounded like an explosion. He’ll need a couple years before he equals that.
Lmao we all couldn’t stop talking about the sound of his kick on the first extra point. The 21 yard field goal, because of the angle, didn’t have that pop. He’s delivering the next level boom. 💯 Another 20 pounds to his frame and he’ll be louder.

@Cribby it's well known by his family and friends that he has a bigger and stronger leg than his brother.
It sounded nothing like big bros on the kicks yesterday. That one against Louisville sounded like a rocket exploded. I’ve been told at the same age baby bro is better , but not both right now currently . No chance , ones an AA caliber college kicker lol, the other is 17 years old.

I actually heard an interview where he said he regular beats his baby bro but at the same age baby bro is a lot better.

Which one is 23 and the other is 17. Once again , I’m talking at this very moment.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Please note, that Jose probably has 50 pounds on Andy at this point of their lives.

Jose was once a much smaller guy...then he got fat (after his freshman year at FIU lol)...then he got in shape. Andy will get bigger. Just give this man double servings at Chartwells, he'll be alright.

Andy is better than Jose. Even Jose would tell you that. I've said it before...he's the best kicker I've ever seen in South Florida. We'll be alright.

Please note, that Jose probably has 50 pounds on Andy at this point of their lives.

Jose was once a much smaller guy...then he got fat (after his freshman year at FIU lol)...then he got in shape. Andy will get bigger. Just give this man double servings at Chartwells, he'll be alright.

Andy is better than Jose. Even Jose would tell you that. I've said it before...he's the best kicker I've ever seen in South Florida. We'll be alright.
My point is one is 23 and a AA caliber kicker who was maybe the best kicker in the country last year. The other is a 17 year old being thrown into big time cfb, it would be crazy to expect anything close to Jose’s last year. I’m talking way more than how far you kick the ball. Kicker is the most mental position in sports.

My point is one is 23 and a AA caliber kicker who was maybe the best kicker in the country last year. The other is a 17 year old being thrown into big time cfb, it would be crazy to expect anything close to Jose’s last year. I’m talking way more than how far you kick the ball. Kicker is the most mental position in sports.

All my chips are in the middle of the table on Andy.

He'll be the best kicker we've ever had.

All my chips are in the middle of the table on Andy.

He'll be the best kicker we've ever had.
Not denying he could be , I’m just not comparing him to a 23 yo AA kicker yet and expecting anything close at 17. That’s my only point, I know he’s the goods.

Advertisement
It sounded nothing like big bros on the kicks yesterday. That one against Louisville sounded like a rocket exploded. I’ve been told at the same age baby bro is better , but not both right now currently . No chance , ones an AA caliber college kicker lol, the other is 17 years old.

I actually heard an interview where he said he regular beats his baby bro but at the same age baby bro is a lot better.

Which one is 23 and the other is 17. Once again , I’m talking at this very moment.
Well there's a youtube video of them going head to head and Andres beats him in both accuracy and longest kick. Afterward Jose says Andres does this all the time. Man if I could just find it.

Well there's a youtube video of them going head to head and Andres beats him in both accuracy and longest kick. Afterward Jose says Andres does this all the time. Man if I could just find it.
Oh I believe you. I did kicking and punting in Hs, I hated it but I was asked do it. I was actually pretty good ( humble brag). I’m just saying I’ve been around guys who hit 55 yarders and the sound gets your attention, it’s like an explosion , then I’ve seen a guy hit a 55 yarder and you barely hear it.

The sound of the ball isn’t about power but more of how it’s being hit, like the sweet spot on a bat and ball. How hard you’re hitting it matters too but it’s the location of foot / ball and the consistency of it. Big bro’s kicks sounded different than most. Does that mean he has a stronger leg than baby bro? Nah, I’m just saying that dude was a complete and finished product. He had the leg, accuracy , power and most importantly epic sized balls. Kickers are head cases and can be fragile. I for one know Andre is a beast I’m just saying he won’t be Jose this year, I wouldn’t even expect him to be close. But one is 23 and one is 17. That’s my point.

I think he will end up being the best kicker to ever come out of south Florida. Insane talent at his age. Doesn’t look scared either.

Advertisement
Oh I believe you. I did kicking and punting in Hs, I hated it but I was asked do it. I was actually pretty good ( humble brag). I’m just saying I’ve been around guys who hit 55 yarders and the sound gets your attention, it’s like an explosion , then I’ve seen a guy hit a 55 yarder and you barely hear it.

The sound of the ball isn’t about power but more of how it’s being hit, like the sweet spot on a bat and ball. How hard you’re hitting it matters too but it’s the location of foot / ball and the consistency of it. Big bro’s kicks sounded different than most. Does that mean he has a stronger leg than baby bro? Nah, I’m just saying that dude was a complete and finished product. He had the leg, accuracy , power and most importantly epic sized balls. Kickers are head cases and can be fragile. I for one know Andre is a beast I’m just saying he won’t be Jose this year, I wouldn’t even expect him to be close. But one is 23 and one is 17. That’s my point.
Gotcha. It’s a great problem to have. Hahah

Table stakes for a good team is solid kicking, punting, returns and ST. No excuse for botching those aspects of the game. Telling that we’ve been a ST mess for too much of the past 15 years.
Actually, the kicking game has been one of the few bright spots for this team for a significant part of the last 15 years. Return game, not so much. There have been some duds mixed in(Jake Wieclaw and Bubba Baxa should haunt our dreams), but it hasn't been the unmitigated disaster that you are portraying it as.

Miami has had multiple NFL players/**** good collegiate players come from the kicking room during this down period.

Bosher
Badgley
O'Donnell(Grad Trans)
Vogel(Traditional Trans)
Borregales(Grad Trans)
Hedley

That's not a bad run, albeit there were some down times. Problem has been stringing together consistent runs. Then again, programs like Alabama and others have also struggled to consistently find top end guys. Outstanding kickers are worth their weight in gold, because they are extremely valuable, and there just aren't that many guys that can do it. It has hurt Miami more, mostly because thanks to less than optimal coaching and management, the program has been in a lot of close games, games that shouldn't have been close to begin with. So, if you have a shaky kicker, it's magnified. Therefore, it stands out a lot more when you have a guy like Bubba Baxa, compared to a school like Alabama, who has had multiple years of mediocre kickers, but they aren't called on often due to them consistently blowing teams out.

Advertisement
Back