Andre Smith

Cribby

All-American
Premium
Anybody know anything about this kid ? I heard he reopened his recruitment and has Mia in final four.

Advertisement
I saw that earlier today. Were in his top 4, at 4th. IDK how serious staff is pursuing him, looks like a big kid though at LBer for high school.

Advertisement
I can see him putting his hand down on the field and rushing the passer. he's a really big guy and in the college game, he may be a tad bit slow at the LB position, but w/ his aggressiveness and quick first step, he'll be a nicely converted DE. just my opinion though.

I like the way he plays. Good tackler and comes at you with a mission. Some of those hits reminded me on Denzel....

I like the way he plays. Good tackler and comes at you with a mission. Some of those hits reminded me on Denzel....

I thought that too, not saying he's DP but he has that short stocky type build

Last edited:
Advertisement
Puhleeze .. this guys HS highlights are nothing compared to DP.
DP was destroying guys in high school.

Yeah IDK about the DP comparison. DP was extremely underrated cause of his size but he had legit offers from a bunch of top programs. They knew what he was.

Advertisement
I like him. Pretty well developed and has some nice speed for his size, may need to slim down but the talent is there.

Puhleeze .. this guys HS highlights are nothing compared to DP.
DP was destroying guys in high school.

Agreed 1000% on Smith being no where near Denzel's high school highlights. The closet highlights I have seen to DP's were from 2014 LB Jaevon Walton (From Edna Karr HS in NOLA). I was hoping UM would have made an effort to recruit him, but everyone in the south slow played this kid even BAMA where is a legacy; so Walton ended up at Nebraska.

JR Year highlights
[video=youtube;lQmP-NSAKKA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQmP-NSAKKA[/video]

Sr Year Highlights
[video=youtube;jsH9d-njATA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsH9d-njATA[/video]

Last edited:
I don't think anyone said the film was comparable , I said size and other poster said a couple of hits . He's obviously nowhere near Dp as a player

Advertisement
95% of plays on his HL Ken Norton is nowhere to be found..how does he even have a offer at DT if he isn't even the best option on his own team?

My desperation leads me to say offer him,"if", we can secure commitments from Norton and Edwards. You know a package deal since we know the following year we got that position covered. Plus the kid can play and his speed is not a question to me.

95% of plays on his HL Ken Norton is nowhere to be found..how does he even have a offer at DT if he isn't even the best option on his own team?

Please tell me you're not one of those who bashed Golden when he didn't recruit Bain a couple of years ago...

Advertisement
Back