Andre Johnson

I'm so glad that Andre Johnson was able to earn a ton of dough playing a game, but I'm really bummed that he never got to play in the spotlight as a professional football player in his prime. I really think that too many casual fans outside of Florida & Texas know he's good - of course, he does great in fantasy etc. and everyone knows he's an all-star caliber player - but they don't understand the extreme degree of talent he has/had. I think he's not too far off from the very upper elite tier of WRs that have ever played the game.

Advertisement
I think he's not too far off from the very upper elite tier of WRs that have ever played the game.

Is Andre Johnson a Hall of Famer in your book ?

He only needs 1400 yards to reach 15,000.. He lacks TD's but if he plays another 2-3 seasons, I think he's a shoo-in.

I do find it extremely funny that O'Brian met with Dre and told him to his face he'd get less than 40 catches, and won't start this year.
That is absolute ****. They are literally trying to push him out. The Texans are handling this situation so poorly, and this is after Andre said he wanted to finish his career there.

I really hope he gets released, that way the Texans don't profit from this, and Andre gets to pick where he wants to go. If he's a FA, I'd be willing to bet he takes a pay cut and signs a 1 year deal to go to the Patriots, Packers, Colts, or Broncos. He wants to win.

i agree that was a major insult to tell him that he wouldnt even start, all the headlines are saying andre johnson seeks a trade when really the headlines should be texans pushing johnson out the door

Texans release Chris Myers!
Texans released C Chris Myers.
Myers has been the Texans' center the past seven seasons and never missed a start. Due $6 million in the final year of his contract and scheduled to count $8 million against the cap, it was a logical move to move on from the 33-year-old. Myers was a top-three run-blocking center at Pro Football Focus this past season, but finished 33rd out of 41 as a pass blocker. Myers may resurface in Denver with old pal Gary Kubiak. At 286 pounds, he's built for a zone-blocking scheme.

Older players always want to sign with the Patriots

Best championship chance....who knows if we will want him though

We need a WR that can stretch the field at this point

Advertisement
I'm so glad that Andre Johnson was able to earn a ton of dough playing a game, but I'm really bummed that he never got to play in the spotlight as a professional football player in his prime. I really think that too many casual fans outside of Florida & Texas know he's good - of course, he does great in fantasy etc. and everyone knows he's an all-star caliber player - but they don't understand the extreme degree of talent he has/had. I think he's not too far off from the very upper elite tier of WRs that have ever played the game.
Dude is a sure fire HOFer.

Texans plan to start JJ Watt at WR next season in place of AJ whose redzone snaps JJ was already getting lol! Narc supply is running very low these days. Watt is very good, but better than AJ in the redzone he is not.

Advertisement
AJ should haul *** to Seattle, Catch 80 for 1,200 yards and get that Super Bowl Ring.

dude never had a qb worth a ****.. i feel bad for him..

and still put up hellified numbers..should be in the HOF based on that alone.

He holds 5 NFL records as of now. I see no reason he won't land in the HoF. Guy still has plenty of play left in him. Given that he can get away from that **** franchise. He will be eager to prove he is still one of the top WR in the game.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Dre was one of the 1st big, fast WR to come to the NFL.

Stupid move by Texans. They're going to find out fast how Hopkins needs another guy on the outside to thrive (see Dre at HOU, and Sammy at CLEM). Their quarterback was **** and had really bad chemistry with Andre.

I still think Dre could be a 1,000 yard guy. Maybe lost a step, but his size and ball skills are undeniable.

Advertisement
Back