Andre Johnson willing to take pay cut

kendallcanes

Junior
“I tell a lot of other guys now that it was tough going through those (early) years,” Johnson said. “There was times you could’ve easily been like, ‘The **** with it, I’m out of here.’ But I always wanted to build something from scratch. I didn’t want to go somewhere that was already established. It would’ve been nice to win a Super Bowl your first year in but it was something I wanted to work towards.”

That's the Butch Davis / Championship attitude we need more of. Not only great athletes, but high character and relentless work ethic.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dfFpK

Last edited:
Advertisement
When he hangs if up, there's our wide out coach. All the class WR we have through our program and we got zero coaching at wideout since before that punk gator hill.

Advertisement
This guy really does deserve a SB for all he's done. Shame on the Texans for not helping out a guy who's done so much for the organization over the years.

Any chance some of these former um players about to retired take positional coaching jobs in the future

Advertisement
If the Redskins cut RG III, Houston would be a likely destination. With Bill O'Brien, he has a chance of developing into an NFL QB.

His middle name is Lamont.

lamont.gif

Eleven years in, and Matt Schaub is the best quarterback he's ever played with. A **** shame.

Imagine what a precise route runner and physical freak like AJ could've done with Tom Brady.

Advertisement
Any chance some of these former um players about to retired take positional coaching jobs in the future

I would depend if they are interested in being coaches to begin with.
Not every former player is interested in putting in the time coaches put in.
Not every former player is neceseraly a good coach.

"Who said that?" Johnson replied. I told him his uncle did.

"Really?" Johnson said. "I don't know where that came from. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it."

"I don't know where that story came from," Johnson said. "It wasn't... did it say that I said it? I can't speak for nobody else. I only can speak for what I say. I didn't make that statement."

http://deadspin.com/report-that-and...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Advertisement
Back