Andre Johnson and Vince Wilfork HoFs?

Advertisement
Wilfork is first ballot IMO. Andre would be with a good QB but I think he'll have to wait a few years.

Andre should but induction may take a few extra seasons playing on bad-to-average teams with bad-to-average QBs. His TD count is low compared to his peers. A lack of playoff exposure may hinder his chances.

Wilfork should as well. He was a mainstay during some of the NE SB runs.

Do you think Andre Johnson and Vince Wilfork make it into Canton? Andre is 11th in career receptions and yards, but 46th in TDs. He was a prominent wide receiver for the Texans for more than a decade and has all sorts of NFL accolades through out his career. He does a lot with charity and other than assaulting Courtalnd Finnegan he is a big philanthropist. He doesn’t have a ring which can be a negative to some, but a good amount of wide receivers in the Hall don’t either. Vince Wilfork is a bit of a hard sell because he played Nose Tackle throughout his career, which usually doesn’t garner a lot of stats and recognition. That aside he was a five time pro bowler, four time all-pro and two time Super Bowl champion. He was a staple to the Patriots defense for a decade and was also named to the Pats 50th anniversary team. The reason why I ask this question because if you think both are in fact Hall of Famers, like myself, then that 2001 team would have had four NFL HoFs on it which is probably the most notable thing about that team. Some schools are lucky to have one, FSU has two or three and UF has two also and the 2001 team could have four, that’s insane. The 2001 Miami Hurricanes is the greatest team ever to step foot on a field.

Dre was a huge philanthropist to Finnegan. He gave him an a$$ whooping on national TV.

I think Dre gets in over the long run but has to wait. It's getting harder at WR and there's a logjam at the position (Bruce, Wayne, Megatron,). The TD's number hurts him, as does the lack of a ring, but he was probably the most dominant WR in the league for a few years there.

I don't see how Vince doesn't get in. The scheme hurt his numbers but he was an absolutely dominant NT.

As for the rest of the guys...

Edge gets in this year
Wayne gets in before long
Gore is obvious
Hester should be zero debate

I could see Olsen having a shot, but way down the line. It's really hard to get in at TE. But that's it for now. Portis isn't gonna get in and anyone thinking Vilma has a shot is nuts.

Advertisement
Andre should be a first ballot HOF'er. He and Larry Fitzgerald were the two most dominating WR's of their era. Fitz was catching passes from Kurt Warner while 'Dre was stuck with Matt Schaub.

Do you think Andre Johnson and Vince Wilfork make it into Canton? Andre is 11th in career receptions and yards, but 46th in TDs. He was a prominent wide receiver for the Texans for more than a decade and has all sorts of NFL accolades through out his career. He does a lot with charity and other than assaulting Courtalnd Finnegan he is a big philanthropist. He doesn’t have a ring which can be a negative to some, but a good amount of wide receivers in the Hall don’t either. Vince Wilfork is a bit of a hard sell because he played Nose Tackle throughout his career, which usually doesn’t garner a lot of stats and recognition. That aside he was a five time pro bowler, four time all-pro and two time Super Bowl champion. He was a staple to the Patriots defense for a decade and was also named to the Pats 50th anniversary team. The reason why I ask this question because if you think both are in fact Hall of Famers, like myself, then that 2001 team would have had four NFL HoFs on it which is probably the most notable thing about that team. Some schools are lucky to have one, FSU has two or three and UF has two also and the 2001 team could have four, that’s insane. The 2001 Miami Hurricanes is the greatest team ever to step foot on a field.
Not for nothing but iirc derrick brooks and walter jones overlapped at fsu, with dunn, warrick, wadsworth, boulware. They had some great talent in the ‘90a.

Advertisement
Kinda surprised at y'all doubting Wilfork. I've been listening to Shannon Sharpe / Skip / Deion talk about Eli Manning and what it really means to be worthy of the HOF - it's pretty interesting because they all agree it should be about a player who, in some ways redefined the position.

Wilfork is the most dominant nose tackle ever. Guy was an absolute ******* monster in the Patriots' 3-4 system and that system only works if you have a beast NT stuffing up the hole to free up your LBs.

If Wilfork gets in, we'd be the 1st team with 3 DTs in the HOF.

ND, BC and MD all have 2 DTs with us - most of theirs are from a LONG time ago.

I think Wilfork makes it in.

Issac Bruce, Tory Holt, Reggie Wayne are finalists this year.

If those guys make it in (eventually, not just this year), it's a good sign for Andre Johnson. If they don't, it's going to be tough.
3 reciters have better numbers but i do not think any of the 3 were as good as A.Johnson
Wilfork yes eventually
this years Gold Jacket Cane HOF E.James

Advertisement
Yes and yes

Go Canes!!!!!!!!!!

3 reciters have better numbers but i do not think any of the 3 were as good as A.Johnson
Wilfork yes eventually
this years Gold Jacket Cane HOF E.James

Yeah - it's always tricky when it's a great player on a bad team.

Of course I'm biased towards AJ & Wayne, and think both should get in.

Bruce & Holt in a weird way may be penalized for playing on the great Rams teams IMO. Both were dominant and had their best single seasons without Kurt Warner as their QB, and are actually a little underrated.

I think all 4 deserve to get in, but for whatever reason it seems like WR's generally have to wait a little longer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back