And we thought 58-0 and the Al Golden era was rock bottom

CountdownCountyCane

Recruit
Banned
Lmao so over this team. The amount of $ and time I spent on them. Since 92. This is worse than Al Golden and 58-0 IMO. **** I still had season tickets up until goldens last season. At least during the golden era I had lot more hope and actually cared if we lost. Now I expect us to lose every game and feel nothing when we do so. I’m checked out man. First time in 20 years I won’t be attending a game this season. It’s sad but I do appreciate growing up in the West End Zone and getting to watch the OB in it’s prime. Can’t decide if the Brock Berlin game down 33-10 or wide left 28-27 was the best game I ever been to in person. That image of of Willis McGahee sprinting down the sideline off that screen pass is something I’ll never forget. I remember I couldn’t even look at the kick attempt at the end of the game I was so sick to my stomach I had to look away and just remember hearing the roars. Forever ingrained into my memory.

Sad to see where we are today.

Advertisement
Just about every game for the last 15 or so years.

GifMeme 15102021180935.gif

Folden had a horrendous defensive scheme but at least he taught guys how to tackle.

I'm just tired of losing, especially in a conference division where we should easily dominate. We've had a handful of good wins throughout these last 15 years, anything else has been smoke and mirrors.

Advertisement
Yesterday's game wasn't rock bottom. The fact the admin hasn't fired Manny yet and admitted its abysmal failure means the program keeps sinking further. Unlike @Alex Jones , I have no faith they're going to get it right this time.
I never said they’d get it right , I said if there’s not drastic changes this time aftrr all the public negativity there’ll never be. Hiring of the coach doesn’t matter until there’s an infrastructure and the right people leading from the top.

Advertisement
I never said they’d get it right , I said if there’s not drastic changes this time aftrr all the public negativity there’ll never be. Hiring of the coach doesn’t matter until there’s an infrastructure and the right people leading from the top.

Apologies for misunderstanding, then. And I agree with your point.

I was extrapolating from when you said they were going to go all in on Mario. Given his experience at FIU, I am quite certain Mario won't come here with James as AD or a staff budget that shackles him like it did Richt. To go all-in on Mario means you need to also make those admin and infrastructure changes. I don't see them having the stomach for it. They haven't even dumped Manny yet.

CIS sure feels like an obituary page after a loss. This entire season feels like one incredibly long funeral. Posters and lurkers come out of the woodworks to give their condolences. We are such a tortured fanbase.

Apologies for misunderstanding, then. And I agree with your point.

I was extrapolating from when you said they were going to go all in on Mario. Given his experience at FIU, I am quite certain Mario won't come here with James as AD or a staff budget that shackles him like it did Richt. To go all-in on Mario means you need to also make those admin and infrastructure changes. I don't see them having the stomach for it. They haven't even dumped Manny yet.
They’re going all in for Mario , I also think they’ll spend this time around. At least more than normal. A good hire is nice and can get us to winning the coarstal and occasionally the Acc, but long term we need an infrastructure and dedication to football to go to another level. A quality coach alone can keep us in the 9-11 win range imo.

Advertisement
Folden had a horrendous defensive scheme but at least he taught guys how to tackle.

I'm just tired of losing, especially in a conference division where we should easily dominate. We've had a handful of good wins throughout these last 15 years, anything else has been smoke and mirrors.
Tackling a guy 15 yards down field because you're ten yards from the line of scrimmage is no different than three broken tackles and getting 15 yards. Same **** different smell.

Lmao so over this team. The amount of $ and time I spent on them. Since 92. This is worse than Al Golden and 58-0 IMO. **** I still had season tickets up until goldens last season. At least during the golden era I had lot more hope and actually cared if we lost. Now I expect us to lose every game and feel nothing when we do so. I’m checked out man. First time in 20 years I won’t be attending a game this season. It’s sad but I do appreciate growing up in the West End Zone and getting to watch the OB in it’s prime. Can’t decide if the Brock Berlin game down 33-10 or wide left 28-27 was the best game I ever been to in person. That image of of Willis McGahee sprinting down the sideline off that screen pass is something I’ll never forget. I remember I couldn’t even look at the kick attempt at the end of the game I was so sick to my stomach I had to look away and just remember hearing the roars. Forever ingrained into my memory.

Where's the "well, bye" gif?

Advertisement

It will keep getting worse the SEC and elites have a stranglehold on the sport. We need an AD a new hiring committee and an alpha at HC

Advertisement
Back