And the lord said you got to RISE UP

Consigliere

All-American
Miami (Fla.): Jim Larranaga should have the pieces to compete for a second NCAA bid in three seasons. The Hurricanes bring in two potential backcourt starters in transfers Angel Rodriguez (Kansas State) and Sheldon McClellan (Texas), as well as a Top 50 recruit in freshman point guard Ja'Quan Newton. Miami also returns Manu Lecomte and Davon Reed, who had solid freshman seasons, along with capable front court pieces in James Kelly and 7-footer Tonye Jekiri. The wild card may be redshirt freshman Deandre Burnett. The coaches love his scoring ability and he could be a valuable perimeter reserve. 6-4 freshman James Palmer is another potential candidate for playing time.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...ryland-miami-utah-am----will-rise-next-season

Advertisement
1.gif

Advertisement
All he has done at UM is get embrassed in the round of 16, once. The other two years, he was embarassed in the ACC.

Better than Morris or Golden, for sure, but we ain't exactly within light years of Eddie Munster's program at UF,.

LOL. Eddie Munster will have a start from scratch UF team that is better than the 2014 Canes.

He is a average coach. makes him a GOD compared to OUR football and baseball teams, but other than that, we will brag about 6th in the ACC next year.

All he has done at UM is get embrassed in the round of 16, once. The other two years, he was embarassed in the ACC.

Better than Morris or Golden, for sure, but we ain't exactly within light years of Eddie Munster's program at UF,.

You're kidding right, grumpy? He took a roster leftover from Haith, that Fathead could barely get into the NIT, with injuries (Johnson, Adams) and suspensions (Scott, Jones, Johnson) and took them to within a game of the NCAA tournament in his first year, while finishing 9-7 in the ACC, our best record ever in the ACC. In his second year, he won 15 ACC games, won the ACC regular season title, won the ACC tournament title, beat #1 Duke by 27, beat UNC 3 times, beat Michigan State. He set the school record for wins, took Miami to a #2 seed, and to the Sweet 16 for the second time in school history. We got "embarrassed" as you say, largely because Shane Larkin got the flu was playing, maybe, at 50%, and we played without Johnson as well. You're one of two people in the world, the other posts dumbass comments on here as well, who actually complain about last year. Then, this year, he took a high school roster, a 6-7 man rotation, turning Erik Swoope into a decent ACC player, and finished with a winning record, and 7-11 in the ACC. Next year we'll be back in the NCAA tournament, and likely will be for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Advertisement

You're kidding right, grumpy? He took a roster leftover from Haith, that Fathead could barely get into the NIT, with injuries (Johnson, Adams) and suspensions (Scott, Jones, Johnson) and took them to within a game of the NCAA tournament in his first year, while finishing 9-7 in the ACC, our best record ever in the ACC. In his second year, he won 15 ACC games, won the ACC regular season title, won the ACC tournament title, beat #1 Duke by 27, beat UNC 3 times, beat Michigan State. He set the school record for wins, took Miami to a #2 seed, and to the Sweet 16 for the second time in school history. We got "embarrassed" as you say, largely because Shane Larkin got the flu was playing, maybe, at 50%, and we played without Johnson as well. You're one of two people in the world, the other posts dumbass comments on here as well, who actually complain about last year. Then, this year, he took a high school roster, a 6-7 man rotation, turning Erik Swoope into a decent ACC player, and finished with a winning record, and 7-11 in the ACC. Next year we'll be back in the NCAA tournament, and likely will be for the foreseeable future.

Ignore smokingbone, he is a retarded **** who loves cack.

Does anyone think we will get serious attention during the Pre-Season?

My guess is our team will look so different next year, not because of attrition (2 years ago), but simply because of transfer rules/injuries and incoming players.

Out Admiral, Swoope, Brown, Kirk and Adams

In Angel, Sheldon and Burnett (plus the new kids).

Advertisement
Nah..our basketball history is too rich to be happy with those results..title or bust....lol

My guess is our team will look so different next year, not because of attrition (2 years ago), but simply because of transfer rules/injuries and incoming players.

From who? People who pay attention should know we're an NCAA team. Most of the nation will think we were a one hit wonder last year, and will be hovering around .500 next year.

As someone who's seen all titles between football and baseball the win over Duke year before last was one of the best Miami moments I've ever witnessed.

Advertisement

From who? People who pay attention should know we're an NCAA team. Most of the nation will think we were a one hit wonder last year, and will be hovering around .500 next year.

Just the pre-season BS.

I read the not-expert this morning (below). He doesn't know.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I think that there is some justification to be "conservative" on us - we're unproven on the inside, and despite having an extremely deep perimeter, we are inserting a lot of new pieces and will have to work out rotations and roles. So, Jon Rothstein or Jeff Goodman mentioning us on the rise for next year? Completely reasonable and awesome to see. People leaving us out of their top 25? Certainly reasonable as well. The SOTU guys listing as a "preseason #10"? Laughable.

Even more laughable, however, is what Joe Lunardi did. Not only did he not include us in the tournament (which I think is my baseline expectation), he didn't include us in the next eight teams out. He listed eight ACC teams in the tournament, and NC State as a "next four out." Which means he thinks we're...the 10th best team in the conference? Um, hello. We finished 10th in the conference THIS season, and now we add the "40 points on the bench" from Rodriguez, McClellan and Burnett, plus a very strong class to include a consensus top 60 player who has only led his school to a million championships and a JUCO big man who was all NJCAA tournament and broke his school's rebounding record in the same season he ended up setting a school record for three-point percentage. Sure thing, Joe.

I think that there is some justification to be "conservative" on us - we're unproven on the inside, and despite having an extremely deep perimeter, we are inserting a lot of new pieces and will have to work out rotations and roles. So, Jon Rothstein or Jeff Goodman mentioning us on the rise for next year? Completely reasonable and awesome to see. People leaving us out of their top 25? Certainly reasonable as well. The SOTU guys listing as a "preseason #10"? Laughable.

Even more laughable, however, is what Joe Lunardi did. Not only did he not include us in the tournament (which I think is my baseline expectation), he didn't include us in the next eight teams out. He listed eight ACC teams in the tournament, and NC State as a "next four out." Which means he thinks we're...the 10th best team in the conference? Um, hello. We finished 10th in the conference THIS season, and now we add the "40 points on the bench" from Rodriguez, McClellan and Burnett, plus a very strong class to include a consensus top 60 player who has only led his school to a million championships and a JUCO big man who was all NJCAA tournament and broke his school's rebounding record in the same season he ended up setting a school record for three-point percentage. Sure thing, Joe.

SHHHHHHH, keep it DL. They will never see us coming.

I think we'll be preseason 7-8 by the coaches and we'll finish around 5th. I think this team will win around 12 ACC games and be around a 6-9 seed in the dance.

Advertisement
Back