Ancillary Immediate Benefits of a Richt Hire?

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
Does he bring this kid (and others) with him? Can anyone recall a similar situation where a big name coach with a loaded class made a somewhat lateral move and took a bunch of recruits with him?

Screenshot_2015-12-01-15-55-34-1.jpg

Advertisement
James Franklin took pretty much every good recruit he had with him to PSU when he left Vandy if I'm not mistaken. It wouldn't be unprecedented.

James Franklin took pretty much every good recruit he had with him to PSU when he left Vandy if I'm not mistaken. It wouldn't be unprecedented.

That one came to mind immediately for me too but Vandy to PSU may have been an upgraded offer for a lot of those kids. I think Sarkisian did the same from UW to USC too.

Georgia has the#6 class in the country, per Yahoo. Even he pulls just a couple of guys, it could really help out our class this year.

Advertisement
Any good OL and/ DTs we can get from UGA?

They usually have one or two studs at those positions every class.

I posted this on TOS earlier today. If he just brings a few, especially the DTs, we can be legit next year.

Who from his recruiting class does he bring in with him? I would love us to get QB Eason, DT Clark, DB Clay, CB Young, OL Cleveland, DT Rochester, WR Davis and LB Manak. Hopefully, we would get Mecole Hardman too!

I know its probably out of the realm of possibilities (We have a legit shot at Hardman), but one can wish.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/miami/football/recruiting/commitments/2016/georgia-68

What does that do to Jack Allison? Do they both come? Would be a great problem to have - the 2 of them fighting it out for QBIW behind Kaaya (a la Kosar & Testaverde behind Kelly)

Advertisement
Advertisement
I dont know much about Eason. Would he be a significant upgrade over Allison? (rankings aside; I dont put much faith in that when it comes to QBs) I actually like Allison and wouldnt want to push him out of the class. Hes been loyal. We wont be able to keep both though.

Another benefit is RICHT has less letters than GOLDEN, the banners will be much cheaper

Does any of it matter? Mark is nicer and softer than Golden. He is a better coach but will not win a NC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back