Analyzing the backup QB battle

View as article
I think it’s safe to assume Mario is getting his QB info from Dawson. Dawson sees almost every QB rep whereas Mario spends a lot of time with the OL and other places.

Advertisement
If mario wants to push jacurri out im cool, but his comments in that interview saying poff and emory are on cam’s heels was clear pushing an agenda to the media and fanbase lol.

If poff and emory are playing better then im cool with pushing jacurri out but if this is just picking favorites then i dont like the optics of it but then again we talking 3rd n 4th string so it is what is, just hope its not a sign of other roster decisions
You need to calm down sir.

I don't think our starting QB for next year is even on this roster.
xFnM1NeZZtvvUlVV5E.gif

Unfortunate Jacurri Brown news...Mack Brown can get Vince Young going, but no dice on J. Brown?!? Only one thing left to do.

Advertisement
Brown has a major deficiency in his inability to complete a forward pass. Typically most players can find a way to work around or overcome a deficiency but in my opinion the ability to complete a forward pass is table stakes if you want to play qb at Miami.

Last year I would have proposed a move to TE but with arroyo bouncing back and the emergence of Lofton it seems the portal is probably Browns best bet.

And notice, this is all said without discussing Emory. Whether Emory can play is an entirely different discussion. I’m all for having it but it does not change Browns situation.

Advertisement
Cristobal has a history of not understanding QB position anyone with eyes and a brain knows Jacurri is the better QB period. Emory has no arm, he isn’t mobile. This is football 2023 you need a mobile QB. Jacurri has the big arm and is mobile and with a running game behind this line we would be unstoppable. Think Tebow. D$ I respect you to much, but stop spinning this bag of crap. Look how Lashlee changed our offense for King and TVD. It is the OC job to build the offense around the players not the opposite. So please don’t give us the system crap too. I know you are reporting but we need to have analysis not cheerleaders. 20 years of carrying the coaches spin is why we are in this position today.
Think Tebow? LoL. Tebow may not have had an NFL arm but he was very accurate at the college level and one of the all-time greats, Gator or not.

You don't build an offense around Brown. He may be a good fit around read and ride or pure RPO offense, but there aren't a lot of P4 teams where he can become QB1.

There is a very good reason why we brought in Ward and Poff and are trying to sign the 25 kid out of Georgia.

I hope Brown continues to work and develop but if he wants to play my guess he leaves after the spring game.

Honestly Jacurri is doing himself a disservice by staying here. Kid should be in a spread option offense. Run, run, throw it deep. Nothing wrong with that honestly. It got Lamar and Cam drafted in the first round. Respect him for trying to work on his craft and fit into a more pro style concept offense but it just time to do what he's good at. Emory honestly is not the answer. His mechanics are bad. If you going to have that going against you you better be an athletic talent.

Advertisement
Yep.

I think people would rather "believe" something to be true, than "know" it for a fact.

(It's how and why humans invented religion, .... but I digress).
Many of the renowned scientists throughout history believed in a God or Creator. The possibility of life to function let alone human life as we know it is beyond comprehension.

According to our current understanding of nature, we cannot create or extract energy out of nothing. At least not yet. More generally, it is impossible that something emerges from nothing.

Advertisement
Cristobal has a history of not understanding QB position anyone with eyes and a brain knows Jacurri is the better QB period. Emory has no arm, he isn’t mobile. This is football 2023 you need a mobile QB. Jacurri has the big arm and is mobile and with a running game behind this line we would be unstoppable. Think Tebow. D$ I respect you to much, but stop spinning this bag of crap. Look how Lashlee changed our offense for King and TVD. It is the OC job to build the offense around the players not the opposite. So please don’t give us the system crap too. I know you are reporting but we need to have analysis not cheerleaders. 20 years of carrying the coaches spin is why we are in this position today.
Emory is a better pure QB. JB is an athlete trying to be a QB.

JB is not fit for this system.

Cam will start and Poff will be backup with Emory 3rd.

I don't think either one of them (JB & Em) are starting caliber QB's, that can be expected to lead this team to an ACC title or playoffs next year for 2025.

Ward & Poff are head & shoulders above the rest in terms of arm talent, skill & overall ability.

Jacurri simply doesn't have the accuracy & consistency needed to be trusted. He's a G5 QB & needs to be in places like Coastal Carolina, Liberty, Jax ST, ULL etc in order to really showcase his ability. Funny enough, he'd probably be really good at Toledo in Candle's Offense.
100%

Posters on here trying to recreate Lamar Jackson with JB but they don't realize Lamar could actually throw the ball.

Mutiple people who also watch practice say JB has looked better than Emory. I have said this before, but I heard from people who watched practice last year how Emory was better than JB. But when I was able to watch them play last year JB looked like the better qb. Fool me once, you know the rest........ JB is probably in the doghouse for that interview.
I was there last week, in my opinion Emory was clear cut #2. He looked very good in the full team portion of practice.

Advertisement
Back