ANALYTICS & STATE OF THE PROGRAM : PART 2 (COACHING & ENWP)

Main takeaway for me is this supports the idea Mullen is an average to above-average coach. Remains to be seen if we’ll perform at or above the level of his UF squad. The point about keeping them at or below 21 pts is interesting.

Advertisement
Main takeaway for me is this supports the idea Mullen is an average to above-average coach. Remains to be seen if we’ll perform at or above the level of his UF squad. The point about keeping them at or below 21 pts is interesting.

I've always known Mullen is a quality football coach. His problems seem to be everything that takes place outside of gameday. He is a lackluster recruiter and struggles managing a program. We've seen nothing but bad news and concern coming from UF this offseason and last offseason and that trend existed at MSU, as well. He can't survive at UF too long with his 9-win season achievements and I'm not sure he's good enough at recruiting or managing a roster/program to get a team talented enough to get over that hump.

Great analysis. Confirms with data a lot of our observations and gut feelings. If we just win the games we should win, we will be 10-2, or 11-1 if Taggert pulls a Taggert on game day.

Always knew Mullen was a good game day coach. I'm just hoping his lack of effective recruiting and the transfers have hurt his roster enough that it's going to show up at game time. I know your BCAvg already adjusts for that, but not position by position. And his team's better players seem to be "lumped together" in specific position groups more than ours, overall, meaning we should be able to exploit weaknesses as the game goes on. But there's no doubt that that game is going to be epic.

I'm surprised at how low the ENWP is for all the Coastal head coaches. Most are in the high 60s to low 70s for games they're supposed to win. That's really bad. Given how we feel about Diaz and Enos, I'm liking our chances even more to run the table and face Clemson in the ACCCG. We really shouldn't settle for less, whether or not we lose to UF next Saturday.

Advertisement
Great stuff! Thus, a 10-2 regular season is basically what we can expect, which I feel is about right. We should win the Coastal Division year in and out.

Go Canes!

Fun, but bad experimental design

Would not publish.

win % not tte same thing as head coaching ability...a lot more go in to winning than that

Million things besides coaching could be causing

And ****...you need to control for some variables my dude
Yeah.. .I always try to control my variables...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back