Analysts gone w Lashlee - anyone know them?

Advertisement
Brewer was a QC Analyst who's worked as an assistant QB's coach, assisted WR's at Auburn with Lash & Kodi Burns & worked with OL's at UConn with him too.

Cooper was a GA who also worked alongside the OL’s at SMU with Lashlee.

He brought them with him when he get hired in 2020.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Take patty cake please. Beast special teams and linebackers coach. And have you seen his recruiting prowess

Huge promotion for those guys. Congrats.

Exactly. I am unsure what specifically an "on-field" role means but if they are going to be an on-field coach, that is a big risk to take two unproven analysts and put them on your first ever staff. They are clearly loyal but fans would revolt at UM if (insert any head coach) signs here and brings "analysts" with no on field experience to coach. Absent maybe Saban who has former head coaches as "analysts"

Advertisement
Welcome to the world of advancing in the coaching profession. These are guys who have hitched themselves to Lashlee with the intention of advancing from GA to off field “analysts” to actual on field coaching positions. This is how you work your way up the coaching ladder when you don’t have an “in” with an already established head coach.

Exactly. I am unsure what specifically an "on-field" role means but if they are going to be an on-field coach, that is a big risk to take two unproven analysts and put them on your first ever staff. They are clearly loyal but fans would revolt at UM if (insert any head coach) signs here and brings "analysts" with no on field experience to coach. Absent maybe Saban who has former head coaches as "analysts"
They’ll likely be position coaches. SMU doesn’t have the luxury of picking and choosing experienced and successful position coaches like a major P5 program. G5 programs don’t operate in the same stratosphere as an SEC program. Or even Miami.

Someone has to give you your first on-field job. NC state give Manny the LBs coaching position after one year as a GA.I know it is a bad example. I would love to know the true story of how Bowden decided to let him into the football fraternity.

Advertisement
Back