An offensive minded coach

First and foremost I want a great head coach. If the head coach's speciality is defense then I'll take it.

I would heavily prefer an offensive head coach with the way college football is changing and the top two up and comers are offensive coaches. Besides schiano (lol) not sure if I've seen qualified, realistic defensive coaches w/ head coaching experience.

All the top defenses still give up 30+ when they play a good/great offenses. Gotta score gotta score

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
The offense hasn't been great (redzone, 3rd down, etc.) by any means.

But when we have given up historically bad yardage and points under Golden, it really is hard to suggest with a straight face that offense is our issue.

FSU put up how many yards on us last week? And all we heard was how terrible FSU's offense is. Other ACC teams STILL move the ball easily on us. Had VT had a clue and put in that other QB earlier last night, we lose that game.

How many times did we have a chance to score and didnt, those chances are crucial especially in rivalry games like that, plus dalvin cook beat us and no one has been able to stop him, like last year our offense took a dump on us like it always does, actually every game this year that we have played has had our offense struggle horribly

But when we have given up historically bad yardage and points under Golden, it really is hard to suggest with a straight face that offense is our issue.

FSU put up how many yards on us last week? And all we heard was how terrible FSU's offense is. Other ACC teams STILL move the ball easily on us. Had VT had a clue and put in that other QB earlier last night, we lose that game.

How many times did we have a chance to score and didnt, those chances are crucial especially in rivalry games like that, plus dalvin cook beat us and no one has been able to stop him, like last year our offense took a dump on us like it always does, actually every game this year that we have played has had our offense struggle horribly
Did the offense blow a 23 point lead in 8 minutes, against Nebraska?

The same offense that failed to score after having that 23 point lead, the same offense that gave that team more and more opportunitites to bring the game back, we still got a turnover and gave it right back, then had 4 more opportunitites and didnt score, this offense costs more than the defense and thats saying a lot since this defense is horrible

Advertisement

The same offense that failed to score after having that 23 point lead, the same offense that gave that team more and more opportunitites to bring the game back, we still got a turnover and gave it right back, then had 4 more opportunitites and didnt score, this offense costs more than the defense and thats saying a lot since this defense is horrible

Yeah, god forbid we expect a Miami defense to be able to hold a 23 point lead against a Nebraska team currently sitting with a losing record.

Offense is the issue.

Yeah, god forbid we expect a Miami defense to be able to hold a 23 point lead against a Nebraska team currently sitting with a losing record.

Offense is the issue.

Yea it is if you cant see it then man you must not be watching our games

Offense is the issue.

So, just to confirm, you believe that a Miami team shouldn't be able to hold a 23 point lead against a 3-4 Nebraska team?

Total D is in the 60's in year 5
Total O is in the 40's in year 5

Offense is the problem guysmmm

Offense is the issue.

So, just to confirm, you believe that a Miami team shouldn't be able to hold a 23 point lead against a 3-4 Nebraska team?

Now did i say that??? Dont be trying to spin this now my friend im talking about the offense here, when it looks like you are making excuses for coley sucking and costing us games

Advertisement

Offense is the issue.

Now did i say that??? Dont be trying to spin this now my friend im talking about the offense here, when it looks like you are making excuses for coley sucking and costing us games

Answer the question.

Any DEfensive minded coach is probably blowing loads all over his office watching our guys on film.

Secondary will be depleted next year, especially if corn and artie leave

Leaving would be a terrible decision on corns part. This is the only terrific season he has had thus far. Building his stock up next year would benefit him tremendously in my opinion

I don't understand why you think you can't have a elite offense and a good/great defense.

I also don't understand why some of you don't want to take advantage of our greatest strength, where we are located. It is loaded with talent perfect for a spread offense.

These arguments blow my mind.

Offense is the issue.

Answer the question.

Come on you know the answer but thats not what we talking here, you have no argument so you flutter to a subject to make it seem like you are right, the defense isnt the issue of our convo its the lack of offense that coley is pumping out there, and if i read correstly i did say the defense is bad, but you cant sit here and say that this offense has no issues waht so ever and didnt have one chance to score more points to close the game then you didnt watch the game and are going by the highlights, if you dont see or remember or are blinded by the golden/dorito hate you can go back to youtube, espn3 and rewatch the games, and while you are at it you can watch other teams like baylor, OSU, TCU close out games with their offense when they should

Advertisement
give me a butch davis type defense cuz thats what will win the bcs playoff, high powered offenses even in the nfl get stopped

Answer the question.

Come on you know the answer but thats not what we talking here, you have no argument so you flutter to a subject to make it seem like you are right, the defense isnt the issue of our convo its the lack of offense that coley is pumping out there, and if i read correstly i did say the defense is bad, but you cant sit here and say that this offense has no issues waht so ever and didnt have one chance to score more points to close the game then you didnt watch the game and are going by the highlights, if you dont see or remember or are blinded by the golden/dorito hate you can go back to youtube, espn3 and rewatch the games, and while you are at it you can watch other teams like baylor, OSU, TCU close out games with their offense when they should

Really?

This thread was started to argue that we need an offensive-minded head coach. Other posters responded by saying that our defense is really the issue. Hence, why this conversation has now shifted to offense vs. defense problems. No one is trying to "flutter" anything except you.

The facts are this: Under Al Golden, Miami has put up historically bad defenses and was even ranked 2nd to last in all of the FBS at one point. Our offense have never been that unproductive under Coley, DESPITE how bad it has been.

I'm not sure how anyone with an IQ in the triple digits could sit here and consider those statistics and try to intelligently argue that our offense is really the issue.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can we get a Baylor style offense......would be hard to stop with our guys running it....

Bowling Green Athletics - 2015 Football Coaching Staff

Still think we should take a good look at Babers and Matt Campbell (Toledo).

Sorry, no mid major guys for UM unless they wreck their schedule and end up ranked in the top 10 with a signature bowl win (Meyer at Utah, for example).

proven coaches.

Advertisement
Back