An Off-Campus Stadium Farther Than HRS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdaddycane44

Banned
Banned
People will probably laugh at me but I’d rather have our own stadium even if it was somewhere like Homestead vs playing at HRS, and I would gladly drive farther to attend games. College football stadiums are a HUGE part of a program’s culture. Why do you think they never tear down Doak, Ben Hill, or Bryant-Denny and rebuild them? Surely these programs have the money to do so. They don’t rebuild them because these stadiums are where program legends are made. A recruit walks in on a visit and there’s a feeling of history and tradition. You see the statues of former greats and you hear their stories, knowing they happened on that very field. They’re not just stadiums, they’re HOMES where memories and history were made.

We constantly talk about changing the culture of this program but down play the fact that we don’t have the cultural landmark 99% of CFB programs have. Do we need our own venue to field a competitive team? Not necessarily, but we can’t capture the same kind of college football culture or atmosphere other winning programs have. And yes, this absolutely matters to recruits!

Is HRS nice? Sure. Are we probably going to be there for awhile? Most definitely. But I will not be convinced this is beneficial to OUR program and its culture. The most diehard fans living in Broward or West Palm Beach should understand this despite the convenience of HRS being a shorter drive. I know I’ll take some heat for this post but I don’t care. While yes, a stadium for the Hurricanes isn’t a top priority for the city and probably won’t ever happen, I still think it’s important from a culture perspective. I know most will argue it’s not worth it for the city of Miami and yada yada but neither was Marlins Park or Beckhams soon to be failed soccer venture.

Advertisement
The Wire GIF

People will probably laugh at me but I’d rather have our own stadium even if it was somewhere like Homestead vs playing at HRS, and I would gladly drive farther to attend games. College football stadiums are a HUGE part of a program’s culture. Why do you think they never tear down Doak, Ben Hill, or Bryant-Denny and rebuild them? Surely these programs have the money to do so. They don’t rebuild them because these stadiums are where program legends are made. A recruit walks in on a visit and there’s a feeling of history and tradition. You see the statues of former greats and you hear their stories, knowing they happened on that very field. They’re not just stadiums, they’re HOMES where memories and history were made.

We constantly talk about changing the culture of this program but down play the fact that we don’t have the cultural landmark 99% of CFB programs have. Do we need our own venue to field a competitive team? Not necessarily, but we can’t capture the same kind of college football culture or atmosphere other winning programs have. And yes, this absolutely matters to recruits!

Is HRS nice? Sure. Are we probably going to be there for awhile? Most definitely. But I will not be convinced this is beneficial to OUR program and its culture. The most diehard fans living in Broward or West Palm Beach should understand this despite the convenience of HRS being a shorter drive. I know I’ll take some heat for this post but I don’t care. While yes, a stadium for the Hurricanes isn’t a top priority for the city and probably won’t ever happen, I still think it’s important from a culture perspective. I know most will argue it’s not worth it for the city of Miami and yada yada but neither was Marlins Park or Beckhams soon to be failed soccer venture.

Looks like you're fairly new and been in Purgatory but..

i want to see our offense come out in up tempo 11 personnel. And watch how many 2-3 progression throws our QB’s connect on.

With defense. I wanna see how this base nickel defense performs. Specifically. Our DT’s Mike and safeties not named kichens.

Advertisement

Pretty sure this is the guy who whined through creating about 10 accounts so that he could come back and post this. @RVACane @JD08 @No_Fly_Zone @IndayArtHauz

We could always play in Belle Glade. Immokalee has some recruits that come out of there now and again.

But we could show some real swinging Johnsons if we put the new stadium in Yeehaw Junction. That would put a finger in the eye of the Gatah now, wouldn’t it?

oh for the love of god stop already.

Advertisement
It was all worth it!
Wow… I supported letting this guy back on based on his participation on another board for years and him seemingly being more poster than troll and here this happens. Once again when I do this, 9/10 times I end up with troll/poster **** in my e-face. I don’t know why I bother anymore. Maybe the hope that every now and then something good becomes of it???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back