An IDEA for Creating Parody in CFB

Advertisement
There'll be no solution in the form of restricting where recruits can sign based on maximum star ratings, etc. That would unfairly restrict the choice of schools for high school students (a bad thing) for the dubious purpose of achieving college football parity. That's getting priorities backwards and I don't see it gathering support.

As others have noted, what can be done is to put a cap on the budgets for coaches, support staff, facilities, etc.

Alabama, OSU and Clemson would not be able to maintain their current football dominance if maximum payroll for all coaches and all support staff was limited to say $7 million dollars. And come up with a similar cap on facilities.

In order to achieve better parity on the playing field, financial parity must first be achieved. While schools will all earn at different rates and in different amounts, putting a cap on what schools can spend would achieve financial parity.

Scholarship reductions are only thing that will spread top talent across more schools which will bring about more parity vs parody/Monty Python.

Advertisement
I have seen a lot of posts all over the message boards calling for some sort of parody and i agree. Today CFB has become a bore and with a limited playoff system I couldn’t agree more.

the NCAA would first need a universal grade system. A system that would rank players in high school. They would need a time frame whether it be junior year, after so many HS starts or mid season senior year etc. at that time the player is givin his Star ranking. 1-5. That ranking would be permanent regardless of injury etc.

then according to the playoff system and final season rankings each school is allowed so many stars. Let’s say Alabama after winning the championship is givin 25. They could fill that with 5, 5 star players or any way they could get to that number. No more than that. there’s always recruits who dont end up with their first choice or dream school anyway. This would allow the bottom tier schools in the rankings to recruit higher caliber players for they would be rewarded with more stars. Schools that dont finished ranked could recruit who they want. Might give teams more incentive to win and accomplish a higher ranking. ................... just a thought to ponder..
So the ncaa will prohibit a prospect student from plsying a sort at his chosen university because ... why?

Scholarship reductions are only thing that will spread top talent across more schools which will bring about more parity vs parody/Monty Python.
This too would backfire. People always focus on regulating one half of an equation and forget about the implications on other variables.

Advertisement
The truth is that there will likely never be parity as the N$AA does not enforce the rules against the teams/conferences that have the biggest TV contracts. The problem is that the N$AA is controlled by $EC cronies so they get a free pass virtually every time.

It's so blindingly obvious what's going on.

The N$AA is letting the CFB playoffs become a serious bore (in terms of the same small group of teams competing in the playoffs). This will likely cost the N$AA a significant amount of money on the next TV contract (and it's detrimental to the good of the game in the long run). I love CFB but haven't watched a playoff game for the last 3 years because it's now seriously boring seeing the same **** teams every year....and we all know how they are getting there.

CFB was much better when Miami, FSU, ND, Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, SEC teams, USC and some others all had a realistic shot almost every year at the MNC. It was great theatre & provided great debates over rankings. CFB is way more boring now. Not good for the game.

When Miami is great, CFB is much better for it.

Parody in college football?

ESPN+ Presents..."Who Wants To Be An SEC Bagman?"
Prospective Alabama bagmen compete to give out the most money to the most recruits in the most creative way possible

ESPN 30 for 30..."The Supremacy of Nick Saban"
A relaxed look at the most elite program in college football. See how Nick Saban took a bargain basement program and by sheer will and coaching genius, was able to land twenty seven consecutive Number 1 recruiting classes and win 17 national championships

Fast & The Furious: Alabama Nights
Join Dominic, Shaw, Letty, Hobbs and the rest of the crew as they join forces with Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban, using his high powered leased vehicles to disrupt an illegal college football recruiting ring

ESPN 30 for 30..."Hurricane of Destruction"
An inside, investigatory look at the private boat rides enjoyed by University of Miami players in an illegal benefits scandal the rocked the college football world and threatened to bring down the entire sport
+100.

Clever.

CIS Post of Month!!

Advertisement

Agreed. This is the best avenue. When our LBs get hurt we have to throw Ryan Ragone out there. When Bama's get hurt they plug in another 5 star

I have seen a lot of posts all over the message boards calling for some sort of parody and i agree. Today CFB has become a bore and with a limited playoff system I couldn’t agree more.

the NCAA would first need a universal grade system. A system that would rank players in high school. They would need a time frame whether it be junior year, after so many HS starts or mid season senior year etc. at that time the player is givin his Star ranking. 1-5. That ranking would be permanent regardless of injury etc.

then according to the playoff system and final season rankings each school is allowed so many stars. Let’s say Alabama after winning the championship is givin 25. They could fill that with 5, 5 star players or any way they could get to that number. No more than that. there’s always recruits who dont end up with their first choice or dream school anyway. This would allow the bottom tier schools in the rankings to recruit higher caliber players for they would be rewarded with more stars. Schools that dont finished ranked could recruit who they want. Might give teams more incentive to win and accomplish a higher ranking. ................... just a thought to ponder..
Lol parody ain't happening 🤣

Advertisement
Playoff system does nothing to help with parity. The first seeded team has annihilated the 4th seeded team every year since the playoffs have started. It would be much worse with more teams. What needs to happen is there need to be caps on how much schools can put into the programs. You have a handful of teams that are spending vastly more money than all of the other schools. Need to be limits on the off the field analysts the teams can hire. The NCAA needs to hire independent third parties to conduct investigations and stop relying on schools to do it themselves.

My sense is that OP had Bama on his mind when composing his thoughts.

The reality is though, that lots of team cheat, a LOT, but cheating alone doesnt win you championships. UGA, TAMU and L$U have historically had higher salary caps than Bama, and other than LSU's magical year, what do they have to show for it? BTW, Les Miles was dirtier than Saban.

Do you think south Florida kids suddenly love Nebraska? But what did their bags get them? TAMU has always cheated a lot, and is now likely tops in bags, but lets see how they do.

Bottom line, as @Ethnicsands and others have written, a school has to have a commitment to football at all levels, and on top of that have to execute on that commitment. Bama has both of those, but most schools are unwilling and/or and unable to make that commitment, and the few that do, have trouble executing.

I agree just put a cap on recruiting departments, how many analyst you can have so on that would make things more equal imo
Unless your counting boosters with throw away phones as part of the “recruiting departments”...you’re not likely to get the results you think you might.

This sounds like a rec league for 10 year olds way of doing things.

Advertisement
Back