An IDEA for Creating Parody in CFB

The canesman

Recruit
Premium
I have seen a lot of posts all over the message boards calling for some sort of parody and i agree. Today CFB has become a bore and with a limited playoff system I couldn’t agree more.

the NCAA would first need a universal grade system. A system that would rank players in high school. They would need a time frame whether it be junior year, after so many HS starts or mid season senior year etc. at that time the player is givin his Star ranking. 1-5. That ranking would be permanent regardless of injury etc.

then according to the playoff system and final season rankings each school is allowed so many stars. Let’s say Alabama after winning the championship is givin 25. They could fill that with 5, 5 star players or any way they could get to that number. No more than that. there’s always recruits who dont end up with their first choice or dream school anyway. This would allow the bottom tier schools in the rankings to recruit higher caliber players for they would be rewarded with more stars. Schools that dont finished ranked could recruit who they want. Might give teams more incentive to win and accomplish a higher ranking. ................... just a thought to ponder..

Advertisement
I have seen a lot of posts all over the message boards calling for some sort of parody and i agree. Today CFB has become a bore and with a limited playoff system I couldn’t agree more.

the NCAA would first need a universal grade system. A system that would rank players in high school. They would need a time frame whether it be junior year, after so many HS starts or mid season senior year etc. at that time the player is givin his Star ranking. 1-5. That ranking would be permanent regardless of injury etc.

then according to the playoff system and final season rankings each school is allowed so many stars. Let’s say Alabama after winning the championship is givin 25. They could fill that with 5, 5 star players or any way they could get to that number. No more than that. there’s always recruits who dont end up with their first choice or dream school anyway. This would allow the bottom tier schools in the rankings to recruit higher caliber players for they would be rewarded with more stars. Schools that dont finished ranked could recruit who they want. Might give teams more incentive to win and accomplish a higher ranking. ................... just a thought to ponder..
*Parity, now that that's out of the way I agree something needs to be done, but there doesn't seem to be a realistic option available at this point that won't get voted down immediately.

No bueno.
How about putting a cap on recruiting personnel and/or recruiting $pending?

EDIT:
Nah...poor Mississippi will get slammed every year for illegally spending over the cap.
I agree just put a cap on recruiting departments, how many analyst you can have so on that would make things more equal imo

Advertisement
*Parity, now that that's out of the way I agree something needs to be done, but there doesn't seem to be a realistic option available at this point that won't get voted down immediately.
No. Keep it at parody. That"s more interesting and I need some amusement...though I must say I do get get a lot of amusement from this board already.

Nothing can be done about parity. The schools that care about football will dominate under any conditions.

Now if we’re talking about parody, I have some writing samples.

Advertisement
200.gif

Should’ve kept this idea in the drafts OP.

Nothing personal it’s just not a high quality idea.

Advertisement

^Parody writes itself.

Count support staff as coaches. IT's a simple requirement. We limit the amount of coaches on staff, but Saban can hire former HCs from the biggest programs around and they don't count as much as a single WR coach.

I would also consider a budget cap for athletic departments.

Advertisement

Parody in college football?

ESPN+ Presents..."Who Wants To Be An SEC Bagman?"
Prospective Alabama bagmen compete to give out the most money to the most recruits in the most creative way possible

ESPN 30 for 30..."The Supremacy of Nick Saban"
A relaxed look at the most elite program in college football. See how Nick Saban took a bargain basement program and by sheer will and coaching genius, was able to land twenty seven consecutive Number 1 recruiting classes and win 17 national championships

Fast & The Furious: Alabama Nights
Join Dominic, Shaw, Letty, Hobbs and the rest of the crew as they join forces with Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban, using his high powered leased vehicles to disrupt an illegal college football recruiting ring

ESPN 30 for 30..."Hurricane of Destruction"
An inside, investigatory look at the private boat rides enjoyed by University of Miami players in an illegal benefits scandal the rocked the college football world and threatened to bring down the entire sport

Unfortunately they would find a way to manipulate the system.

The key is maybe putting a cap on coaches and analysts. Maybe even a cap on coaching budgets

...I thought that's what CFB was.

Personally, I think college football could use more of biting satire.

Advertisement
Back