An administration with foresight

Why wouldn't they let him do whatever he wants, and give him at least 4 years? They are paying him 4 million dollars a year. Wtf does Blake James know about coaching football anyways? Spoiler alert: nothing.

But I can't argue with the fact that Shalala destroyed this program, and that the administration for last 15 years has been so god awful that it might take forever to dig ourselves out.

A real administration, that was knowledgeable about football and actually...you know...cared about it, wouldn't accept perpetual underachievement. In addition, they probably would have shown a tad more imagination, creativity, and guts with a hire that was on the heels of 3 consecutive incompetent hires. Guys like Bobby Petrino were out there, available, and would have been slam dunks. Meanwhile our inept administration decides to give Golden an extra year...and well ships do what they do, the set sail.

My point is this.....if you would have told before LAST season that Miami was going to fire Golden and then you gave me a list of 30 coaching names and included Richt on that list of 30...I would have instantly pointed at Richt and said "that's the type of uninspiring safe hire with a clean record that this administration adores".....and they did not disappoint.

Lazy hires coupled with constantly being REACTIVE instead of PROACTIVE have left us where we are now....staring at football purgatory. If you told me for sure that Richt would swallow his pride and hire an OC i'd feel better about the situation but I'm starting to realize he's not going to give up those play calling duties and well.....this **** all sucks.

"Self infliction via incompetence." If we ever set up a tombstone for UM football that's what the header would read.

Oh I agree that the hire was uninspiring. But given the rumors about who the other options were - most Miami fans were pretty happy to hear the name Richt. All in all though we have a BOT that doesn't care much (these cucks let Shalala run amok over the athletic department for 15 years), a sock puppet AD who's previous job was getting coffee for Maine's AD, and here we are.

We've been so cokerized as fans that we aren't even sure what we want anymore. We just know we desperately wanna win and we'll convince ourselves of anything ("Richt calling plays will be like early days at UGA and FSU").

But that's the WHOLE PROBLEM...the "given what the other options where being tossed around". The fact they put together a list full of **** just tells you what we're dealing with here.

You can't fix incompetence and we're plagued by it, and it's found in the caretakers of the ******* program no less. It's a fantastic formula for success as the last decade plus has shown.

Oh and I completely disagree with the start of your last paragraph....I know EXACTLY what I want. I was the guy banging on the table TWO years ago for this administration to grow some ******* balls and hire Petrino. We need an aggressive, intelligent coach...we haven't had one of those around here for quite some time.

I was right there with ya bud, unfortunately, this administration has ZERO vision and no balls. So we are ****ed to eternity.

Advertisement
Any coach is going to get a chance to recruit and win with his own guys. It's an unwritten rule.

His recruits?

For all the crap golden gets he left a lot of talent high d-1 programs wanted or is in the nfl. There will be minimal difference in talent to what we currently have. Our o line actually has some solid talent but has been coached like trash this year. Our d line is filled with more talent than most teams we play, etc. we have two future nfl tight ends and two wr studs.

How much more talent does richt need to bring? Deoon sanders, Charlie ward, andre wadsworth, Walter jones, tra Thomas, and peter warrick? We are being poorly coached. Period.

A lot of talent? Have you seen our depth numbers?

There is no way anyone could have watched the last 4 games and say these guys are any good with a str8 face unless they are just tryning to push an agenda.

Stars don't matter from 4 years ago. Yeah In 2012 Chad Thomas and Jamal Carter were sought after guys. They are college players now. And at this stage on the college level they are jags. These kids lost out of 3-4 critical years of development with horrible training.

Why wouldn't they let him do whatever he wants, and give him at least 4 years? They are paying him 4 million dollars a year. Wtf does Blake James know about coaching football anyways? Spoiler alert: nothing.

But I can't argue with the fact that Shalala destroyed this program, and that the administration for last 15 years has been so god awful that it might take forever to dig ourselves out.

A real administration, that was knowledgeable about football and actually...you know...cared about it, wouldn't accept perpetual underachievement. In addition, they probably would have shown a tad more imagination, creativity, and guts with a hire that was on the heels of 3 consecutive incompetent hires. Guys like Bobby Petrino were out there, available, and would have been slam dunks. Meanwhile our inept administration decides to give Golden an extra year...and well ships do what they do, they set sail.

My point is this.....if you would have told me before LAST season that Miami was going to fire Golden and then you gave me a list of 30 coaching names and included Richt on that list of 30...I would have instantly pointed at Richt and said "that's the type of uninspiring safe hire with a clean record that this administration adores".....and they did not disappoint.

Lazy hires coupled with constantly being REACTIVE instead of PROACTIVE have left us where we are now....staring at football purgatory. If you told me for sure that Richt would swallow his pride and hire an OC i'd feel better about the situation but I'm starting to realize he's not going to give up those play calling duties and well.....this **** all sucks.

"Self infliction via incompetence." If we ever set up a tombstone for UM football that's what the header would read.

Great post. Ok I'll concede....he gets one more year of this trash. Everyone feel better? And yes I understand financial irresponsibility and contracts. I also am intelligent to understand that shelling out money for a great coach more than returns your investment to the football team, athletic department, and university.

Foresight continues to lack.

Any coach is going to get a chance to recruit and win with his own guys. It's an unwritten rule.

His recruits?

For all the crap golden gets he left a lot of talent high d-1 programs wanted or is in the nfl. There will be minimal difference in talent to what we currently have. Our o line actually has some solid talent but has been coached like trash this year. Our d line is filled with more talent than most teams we play, etc. we have two future nfl tight ends and two wr studs.

How much more talent does richt need to bring? Deoon sanders, Charlie ward, andre wadsworth, Walter jones, tra Thomas, and peter warrick? We are being poorly coached. Period.

There is no way anyone could have watched the last 4 games and say these guys are any good with a str8 face unless they are just tryning to push an agenda.

Stars don't matter from 4 years ago. Yeah In 2012 Chad Thomas and Jamal Carter were sought after guys. They are college players now. And at this stage on the college level they are jags. These kids lost out of 3-4 critical years of development with horrible training.

Again we have A LOT of guys on this roster that will make nfl rosters. Keep making excuses or stupid and illogical comparisons to Shannon or what Davis built up. Talent in itself is talent. And we are repulsively underachieving.

Advertisement
lmfao @ firing a guy after 8 games. Some of yall are so fvckin retarded.

It's fine if you don't think he'll ever dominate here (I tend to agree). But fire a guy after 1 season? Good God.

Too many fuggin retards on this board. They seem to forget the players he inherited.

So you use a coach who started 1-11 in his first year then two 8 win seasons and now in his 4th year is undefeated thus far?

Essentially you want a coach that has time to get his program going but Richt can't have time?

LOL at the hypocrisy of this post!

Lol at your inability to use basic logic to make your points: have you not read what Uga fans have said about richt? That burned out five years ago.
And the only reason they liked him is because he's a nice guy? Did you not ever see richt when he called plays at FSU and was a monster playcaller year after year to now? Did you not hear richt saying over and over that he needed a year off prior to taking this job so quickly?

Do you not understand the difference between a guy who long past his prime versus a young guy who rebuilt a totally trash program into a very solid team. In other words, bright guy, Fleck is radically OVERACHIEViNg. Richt is radically UNDERACHIEVING and the cause of out problems. Are you not bright enough to understand these simplistic details?

His recruits?

Again we have A LOT of guys on this roster that will make nfl rosters. Keep making excuses or stupid and illogical comparisons to Shannon or what Davis built up. Talent in itself is talent. And we are repulsively underachieving.

What does simply making an NFL roster have to do with what they are doing in college right now? They will make NFL rosters based on measurables and the amount of football they've played. We aren't talking about high draft picks. We don't have a single guy who is the in the top 10 at position.

With the exception of the Dukes and Vandys most P5 schools have "a lot" of guy who can/will make NFL rosters.

Sure when Chad Thomas came out of HS he had a lot of potential. Well the chance for him to meet and exceed that potential has expired. And he is what you see on Saturdays no pass rush, no run stuff, no impact. Will someone in the NFL take a chance on Chad Thomas sure there just aren't many human beings his size who can run like he runs. Does that mean Manny Diaz and Kool are bad coaches no. The roster is loaded with jags and we have a bunch of fans talking about some evaluations that were given to these players 4 years ago.

His recruits?

What does simply making an NFL roster have to do with what they are doing in college right now? They will make NFL rosters based on measurables and the amount of football they've played. We aren't talking about high draft picks. We don't have a single guy who is the in the top 10 at position.

With the exception of the Dukes and Vandys most P5 schools have "a lot" of guy who can/will make NFL rosters.

Sure when Chad Thomas came out of HS he had a lot of potential. Well the chance for him to meet and exceed that potential has expired. And he is what you see on Saturdays no pass rush, no run stuff, no impact. Will someone in the NFL take a chance on Chad Thomas sure there just aren't many human beings his size who can run like he runs. Does that mean Manny Diaz and Kool are bad coaches no. The roster is loaded with jags and we have a bunch of fans talking about some evaluations that were given to these players 4 years ago.

The roster has enough football talent to not be 4-4. Many guys who will make the nfl because they are good enough football wise to make the nfl but they have a burned out and inept coach calling plays in college.

You're trying too hard to defend a coach five years past his prime. I look forward to you coming back in two years saying you were wrong to keep saying the 'he just needs his players' bs excuse when we have as more talent on our roster in the acc of anyone besides FSU and Clemson. Keep convincing yourself he just needs 'time'.

Three years from now will be equal mediocrity.

Advertisement

Yes the agenda. The agenda that we're sick of the excuses and no expectations. The agenda that the ADMIN constantly ***s up our football program.

The same old bullchit time and time again. These guys are JAGs, they can't win, Richt needs his guys....

Here is the 2013 Team (Per D$): 14/15 players on the 2013 team were good enough to start games in the NFL

Flowers, Feliciano, Seantrel, Linder, Walford, Duke, Hurns, Dorsett, Gunter, Chickillo, Perryman, Armbrister, Howard and O'Donnell have all started games.

Burns will be the 15th (starts at nickel already). These guys seem to excel or certainly play better at the next level. Perhaps they should be serviceable in college? Perhaps we shouldn't buy the bullchit that there is no talent on the 2016 team.

------------------------------------------

My question remains, if there is no talent on this team, how come we performed better last year with inferior coaching?

Here is an offensive analysis.

2016: GT, FSU, UNC and VT

Yards Per Game: 340 YPG
Points Per Game: 21 PPG

Record: 1-3

2015: GT, FSU, UNC and VT

Yards Per Game: 408 YPG
Points Per Game 28 PPG

Record: 2-2

Why are we scoring a TD less per game? Why are YPG down ~17%

We returned 10/11 offensive starters from last year. We don't have R. Scott anymore, instead we have A. Richards (who is on pace to have more receiving yards).

Yes the agenda. The agenda that we're sick of the excuses and no expectations. The agenda that the ADMIN constantly ***s up our football program.

The same old bullchit time and time again. These guys are JAGs, they can't win, Richt needs his guys....

Here is the 2013 Team (Per D$): 14/15 players on the 2013 team were good enough to start games in the NFL

Flowers, Feliciano, Seantrel, Linder, Walford, Duke, Hurns, Dorsett, Gunter, Chickillo, Perryman, Armbrister, Howard and O'Donnell have all started games.

Burns will be the 15th (starts at nickel already). These guys seem to excel or certainly play better at the next level. Perhaps they should be serviceable in college? Perhaps we shouldn't buy the bullchit that there is no talent on the 2016 team.

My question remains, if there is no talent on this team, how come we performed better last year with inferior coaching?

Points Per Game 28 PPG

We returned 10/11 offensive starters from last year. We don't have R. Scott anymore, instead we have A. Richards (who is on pace to have more receiving yards).

I'm not saying that the coaches get a free pass. They need to be better but outside of perryman, Duke and Hurns I see nothing but Jags on that list.

I love Burns as much as the next fan. But I watched him constantly out of position and giving up big plays unable to locate the ball in the air. Racking up P.I.s

Ppl crowned Armbrister the king of jags on this very board. Now ppl use him as the basis for their arguements that we had talent? That's an agenda.

I wanted Butch above all but thought at least Mark would give us better results the first year or two because he was a decent coach. Give the clear failure of what was our stronger side of the ball before he got here and is his strength, I have to question that wisdom. If we had to wait out 2 or 3 years hiring the proven greatest recruiter of Miami talent ever would have been the sanest choice.

The defense has shown that coaching matters especially Kul. Seeing Chad dropping back in coverage on a crucial 3rd down yesterday has put Manny back in the questionable box. Manny is showing indications of getting cute and thinking all smart like frigging Golden. That 3 -4 crap keeps popping up since GT. Mark might still be a good HC for us but he needs to get much better staff, especially on offense. Kul is the only hire worthy of Miami. Rest of staff looks second rate at best. Winning will improve Mark's recruiting but we will not win with this staff. They was some, but not enough, coaching evident in that 27 point run but not sure if it was ND just slipping or us getting better.

Also talent eventually wins out. If these guys were so talented eventually they would make plays by just being better than their opponents. That's not the case.

I'll believe we have actual talent when we have guys drafted based off what they do on the field not based on what they do in shirts and shorts.

Advertisement
These guys care only about money --

If we don't finish with a semi-decent record (still possible), and noticeable changes aren't made to the Offense (it's boring af), their hand will be forced.

The banners will fly beginning next year if we don't beat our rivals. All those season tickets they were giddy about being sold will drop (which is going to happen anyway). Hard Rock will look like the zombie apocalypse occurred.

The situation will become toxic, just like it did with Golden, except this time, it's going to happen a whole lot sooner.

There's an old baseball saying that applies here: "‘Towns fire managers, owners just give them the bad news'”

Richt is already on notice in this town.

Would realize they made a mistake and fire him ASAP. I'm sorry but it's going to be more of the same with this guy. He was burnt out before taking the job and the Uga fans have finally convinced me he is past his prime.

My choice for next year would be a young up and comer: choice number 1 would be PJ Fleck from Western Michigan:

1-11, 8-5, 8-5, to 8-0 this year. Every year they have gotten better under him. Guy has a great personality and was a rising star under Schiano at Rutgers and the bucs.

Choice number 2 Willie Taggart at Usf. A Harbaugh disciple who was very good
at Western Kentucky and totally rebuilt USF from the garbage he inherited.
post literally straight out of a movie. both guys you mentioned are solid coaches. i'll keep Richt thanks…
84694447.gif

Last edited:

Points Per Game 28 PPG

I'm not saying that the coaches get a free pass. They need to be better but outside of perryman, Duke and Hurns I see nothing but Jags on that list.

I love Burns as much as the next fan. But I watched him constantly out of position and giving up big plays unable to locate the ball in the air. Racking up P.I.s

Ppl crowned Armbrister the king of jags on this very board. Now ppl use him as the basis for their arguements that we had talent? That's an agenda.

That is a problem. Your opinion is dogchit. These guys are on NFL contracts and good enough to hack it at the highest level against the best talent. These NFL GMs (their goal is to find and play the best talent) have a different opinion.

Also, do we need a team full of NFL starters to win the coastal?

Advertisement
The fact that we are having these discussions 8 games in after a decade of mediocrity tells me enough about the intelligence of some in here....this is a rebuilding job no matter how you slice it...we have talent, but not enough of it....and the OL is beyond the worst in the P5....and Golden's stench is still on the program. Nobody likes it, but its going to take time to fix the mess Richt walked into

Also talent eventually wins out. If these guys were so talented eventually they would make plays by just being better than their opponents. That's not the case.

I'll believe we have actual talent when we have guys drafted based off what they do on the field not based on what they do in shirts and shorts.

They had almost no coaching last year and went 8-4 during the regular season (against a harder schedule). This season we're 4-4 and there is coaching.

You're opinion is wrong.

Would realize they made a mistake and fire him ASAP. I'm sorry but it's going to be more of the same with this guy. He was burnt out before taking the job and the Uga fans have finally convinced me he is past his prime.

My choice for next year would be a young up and comer: choice number 1 would be PJ Fleck from Western Michigan:

1-11, 8-5, 8-5, to 8-0 this year. Every year they have gotten better under him. Guy has a great personality and was a rising star under Schiano at Rutgers and the bucs.

Choice number 2 Willie Taggart at Usf. A Harbaugh disciple who was very good
at Western Kentucky and totally rebuilt USF from the garbage he inherited.
post literally straight out of a movie. both guys you mentioned are solid coaches. i'll keep Richt thanks…
View attachment 39860

You're also the guy who said I'm crazy that bagmen didn't get the studs away from us. It had nothing to do with our incompetence over the last 14 years.

You go ahead and take the burned out coach. I'll take the young guys who are rebuilding programs with energy.

You guys act like we have elite talent. News flash, all these 2 and 3 stars the filled our recruiting classes the past 4 years are still the problem. We have average talent across the board minus a handful of guys. If you expected an elite team right away then you are delusional and lack common sense. If we finish this recruiting cycle strong you will see changes next year in our play, especially with Donaldson, Slaton, Telfort (if they come). Yes I think the play calling and coaching needs to be looked at but no need for changes after year 1 hah

Advertisement
Back