An administration with foresight

hamburgerhipster

Band
Banned
Would realize they made a mistake and fire him ASAP. I'm sorry but it's going to be more of the same with this guy. He was burnt out before taking the job and the Uga fans have finally convinced me he is past his prime.

My choice for next year would be a young up and comer: choice number 1 would be PJ Fleck from Western Michigan:

1-11, 8-5, 8-5, to 8-0 this year. Every year they have gotten better under him. Guy has a great personality and was a rising star under Schiano at Rutgers and the bucs.

Choice number 2 Willie Taggart at Usf. A Harbaugh disciple who was very good
at Western Kentucky and totally rebuilt USF from the garbage he inherited.

Advertisement
I agree, but that is not going to happen. Not a chance. More likely scenario is Richt walks away next year if things don't get better.

lmfao @ firing a guy after 8 games. Some of yall are so fvckin retarded.

It's fine if you don't think he'll ever dominate here (I tend to agree). But fire a guy after 1 season? Good God.

Any coach is going to get a chance to recruit and win with his own guys. It's an unwritten rule.

Advertisement
And I understand your reaction too. But the writing is on the wall with a burnt out coach who should have retired 5 years ago. Keep convincing yourself that magically we'll field an nfl roster of talent. Even the coaching acumen that we all thought would make up for what golden did not do on game day has been totally non existent. We are a worse football team in a lot of areas this year.

Offensive playcalling has been worst of all. An administration with guts fires him.

Any coach is going to get a chance to recruit and win with his own guys. It's an unwritten rule.

His recruits?

For all the crap golden gets he left a lot of talent high d-1 programs wanted or is in the nfl. There will be minimal difference in talent to what we currently have. Our o line actually has some solid talent but has been coached like trash this year. Our d line is filled with more talent than most teams we play, etc. we have two future nfl tight ends and two wr studs.

How much more talent does richt need to bring? Deoon sanders, Charlie ward, andre wadsworth, Walter jones, tra Thomas, and peter warrick? We are being poorly coached. Period.

Your Rides here.
short bus.jpg

Advertisement

His recruits?

For all the crap golden gets he left a lot of talent high d-1 programs wanted or is in the nfl. There will be minimal difference in talent to what we currently have. Our o line actually has some solid talent but has been coached like trash this year. Our d line is filled with more talent than most teams we play, etc. we have two future nfl tight ends and two wr studs.

How much more talent does richt need to bring? Deoon sanders, Charlie ward, andre wadsworth, Walter jones, tra Thomas, and peter warrick? We are being poorly coached. Period.

golden inherited way more talent than richt did. spare me.

His recruits?

golden inherited way more talent than richt did. spare me.

Stupid quote. Time will tell as to who had more talent. But richt has a lot of guys that will make nfl rosters. Coaching his too garbage. He has to go.

So you use a coach who started 1-11 in his first year then two 8 win seasons and now in his 4th year is undefeated thus far?

Essentially you want a coach that has time to get his program going but Richt can't have time?

LOL at the hypocrisy of this post!

Advertisement
You understand how contract buyouts work?
I'm sure they penalty for firing him in year one would be financially impossible.

We have, and have had, the worst administration in the country. They went out and did what they think is a "grand slam hire" cause he's a big name clean cut SEC coach. You can bet everything you own he will get sacred cow treatment and he'll have free reign for at least 4-5 years to do whatever the **** he wants.

Our only hope is that he comes to his senses, on his own, and hires a dedicated OC. If not.....this program is ****ed because not one soul in that inept administration is going to pressure him to do a **** thing.

Advertisement
We have, and have had, the worst administration in the country. They went out and did what they think is a "grand slam hire" cause he's a big name clean cut SEC coach. You can bet everything you own he will get sacred cow treatment and he'll have free reign for at least 4-5 years to do whatever the **** he wants.

Our only hope is that he comes to his senses, on his own, and hires a dedicated OC. If not.....this program is ****ed because not one soul in that inept administration is going to pressure him to do a **** thing.

Why wouldn't they let him do whatever he wants, and give him at least 4 years? They are paying him 4 million dollars a year. Wtf does Blake James know about coaching football anyways? Spoiler alert: nothing.

But I can't argue with the fact that Shalala destroyed this program, and that the administration for last 15 years has been so god awful that it might take forever to dig ourselves out.

Why wouldn't they let him do whatever he wants, and give him at least 4 years? They are paying him 4 million dollars a year. Wtf does Blake James know about coaching football anyways? Spoiler alert: nothing.

But I can't argue with the fact that Shalala destroyed this program, and that the administration for last 15 years has been so god awful that it might take forever to dig ourselves out.

A real administration, that was knowledgeable about football and actually...you know...cared about it, wouldn't accept perpetual underachievement. In addition, they probably would have shown a tad more imagination, creativity, and guts with a hire that was on the heels of 3 consecutive incompetent hires. Guys like Bobby Petrino were out there, available, and would have been slam dunks. Meanwhile our inept administration decides to give Golden an extra year...and well ships do what they do, they set sail.

My point is this.....if you would have told me before LAST season that Miami was going to fire Golden and then you gave me a list of 30 coaching names and included Richt on that list of 30...I would have instantly pointed at Richt and said "that's the type of uninspiring safe hire with a clean record that this administration adores".....and they did not disappoint.

Lazy hires coupled with constantly being REACTIVE instead of PROACTIVE have left us where we are now....staring at football purgatory. If you told me for sure that Richt would swallow his pride and hire an OC i'd feel better about the situation but I'm starting to realize he's not going to give up those play calling duties and well.....this **** all sucks.

"Self infliction via incompetence." If we ever set up a tombstone for UM football that's what the header would read.

Last edited:

A real administration, that was knowledgeable about football and actually...you know...cared about it, wouldn't accept perpetual underachievement. In addition, they probably would have shown a tad more imagination, creativity, and guts with a hire that was on the heels of 3 consecutive incompetent hires. Guys like Bobby Petrino were out there, available, and would have been slam dunks. Meanwhile our inept administration decides to give Golden an extra year...and well ships do what they do, the set sail.

My point is this.....if you would have told before LAST season that Miami was going to fire Golden and then you gave me a list of 30 coaching names and included Richt on that list of 30...I would have instantly pointed at Richt and said "that's the type of uninspiring safe hire with a clean record that this administration adores".....and they did not disappoint.

Lazy hires coupled with constantly being REACTIVE instead of PROACTIVE have left us where we are now....staring at football purgatory. If you told me for sure that Richt would swallow his pride and hire an OC i'd feel better about the situation but I'm starting to realize he's not going to give up those play calling duties and well.....this **** all sucks.

"Self infliction via incompetence." If we ever set up a tombstone for UM football that's what the header would read.

Oh I agree that the hire was uninspiring. But given the rumors about who the other options were - most Miami fans were pretty happy to hear the name Richt. All in all though we have a BOT that doesn't care much (these cucks let Shalala run amok over the athletic department for 15 years), a sock puppet AD who's previous job was getting coffee for Maine's AD, and here we are.

We've been so cokerized as fans that we aren't even sure what we want anymore. We just know we desperately wanna win and we'll convince ourselves of anything ("Richt calling plays will be like early days at UGA and FSU").

A real administration, that was knowledgeable about football and actually...you know...cared about it, wouldn't accept perpetual underachievement. In addition, they probably would have shown a tad more imagination, creativity, and guts with a hire that was on the heels of 3 consecutive incompetent hires. Guys like Bobby Petrino were out there, available, and would have been slam dunks. Meanwhile our inept administration decides to give Golden an extra year...and well ships do what they do, the set sail.

My point is this.....if you would have told before LAST season that Miami was going to fire Golden and then you gave me a list of 30 coaching names and included Richt on that list of 30...I would have instantly pointed at Richt and said "that's the type of uninspiring safe hire with a clean record that this administration adores".....and they did not disappoint.

Oh I agree that the hire was uninspiring. But given the rumors about who the other options were - most Miami fans were pretty happy to hear the name Richt. All in all though we have a BOT that doesn't care much (these cucks let Shalala run amok over the athletic department for 15 years), a sock puppet AD who's previous job was getting coffee for Maine's AD, and here we are.

We've been so cokerized as fans that we aren't even sure what we want anymore. We just know we desperately wanna win and we'll convince ourselves of anything ("Richt calling plays will be like early days at UGA and FSU").

But that's the WHOLE PROBLEM...the "given what the other options where being tossed around". The fact they put together a list full of **** just tells you what we're dealing with here.

You can't fix incompetence and we're plagued by it, and it's found in the caretakers of the ******* program no less. It's a fantastic formula for success as the last decade plus has shown.

Oh and I completely disagree with the start of your last paragraph....I know EXACTLY what I want. I was the guy banging on the table TWO years ago for this administration to grow some ******* balls and hire Petrino. We need an aggressive, intelligent coach...we haven't had one of those around here for quite some time.

Advertisement
Back