An actual fairly intelligent and sensible article.

well played.even though that joke had been made a few times already in the yost thread.. question for real though, .why are you here? You just joined. For what reason?

I am a UM graduate who has lurked at a few Canes fan sites for a while now. After reading those death of the program articles “Miami RIP Pt 1” and “Miami RIP Pt 2”, I decided to join so I could a) post on the billboard thread and b) talk to nice people like you.

Advertisement
Go take a objective look at the recruiting since 15..and the attrition rate of those classes, the injury rate. 3 of those classes finished in the 20s Nationally and that’s only because of the 4stars..our recruiting needs to be fixed. The culture is where it starts. The talent gap is not as vast as our fans believe in all honesty. Not enough to over look anybody. That 10 win 2017 team was barely beating opponents. Now was the coaching that was finding a way to win..idk. But I do know this our talent across the board and on the chart does wow me
Can't find where I disagree with you here. All I can say is that I think we have enough talent to win the corstal yearly.

Now post the reciting rankings of our counter parts in the Corstal....was times.
Nah you go figure that out..talent disparity rn is not as much as y’all believe..especially on the oline. There’s absolutely no denying that when you look at it..matter a fact I’ll help you star rating guys out

Now looking at the actual guys we signed..our recruiting composite ratings having annually been boosted through our skill position players. But then account for the attrition rate. Account for the lack of talented oline prospects who we’ve been able to let
Redshirt and develope within the program..our problem is up front and has been since 17

Nah you go figure that out..talent disparity rn is not as much as y’all believe..especially on the oline. There’s absolutely no denying that when you look at it..matter a fact I’ll help you star rating guys out

Now looking at the actual guys we signed..our recruiting composite ratings having annually been boosted through our skill position players. But then account for the attrition rate. Account for the lack of talented oline prospects who we’ve been able to let
Redshirt and develope within the program..our problem is up front and has been since 17

Or maybe we have good players who we are failing to coach up. You think lo and pope wouldn’t have great numbers if they were at UGA or Bama?

StateOftheU guys are straight clowns. Marsh acts fake insider as **** & Mccoy doesn't know what a 4-2-5 defense is. lulz

Advertisement
Or maybe we have good players who we are failing to coach up. You think lo and pope wouldn’t have great numbers if they were at UGA or Bama?
Nope..pope wouldn’t be playing yet at Bama and a player who tore his ACL would be buried on bamas depth chart recovering off that injury .now say I’m lying about both those points. Like Lo didn’t tear his ACL..y’all incredibe man

Nope..pope wouldn’t be playing yet at Bama and a player who tore his ACL would be buried on bamas depth chart recovering off that injury .now say I’m lying about both those points. Like Lo didn’t tear his ACL..y’all incredibe man

Yeah you right. These players would suck at every school in every scheme. Every coach and scout gets every player who signs with Miami wrong. All those guys are no better than dukes players. We did Clemson, Bama, UGa, OSU favors by signing them.

Yeah you right. These players would suck at every school in every scheme. Every coach and scout gets every player who signs with Miami wrong. All those guys are no better than dukes players. We did Clemson, Bama, UGa, OSU favors by signing them.
I didn’t say that..but saying Lingard would be killing it right now at Bama is stupid with the facts in front of you..saying pope would be killing it is stupid also..but I’ll say Jeff Thomas would make more of a consistent impact at Bama because he’d be playing around a better Oline. So would jarren for that matter..we have skill talent, we overrate it but still they are talented..it’s on the oline that the problem. That why I say that talent gap isn’t as wide as we think/thought. That why football is the ultimate team sport. It’s dependent on different units to do their job. If a Oline isn’t pulling it’s weight it hinders the skill positions tremendously

Advertisement
If u look at our recruiting rankings since 15.,our win loss total actual makes sense at a glance..personally I don’t put too muck stock in the rankings. But a lot of posters here do. But we aren’t going 7-6 with annually top 10 or top 5 classes
15- 27th
16- 22nd
17- 12th
18- 9th
19- 27th
Kind of puts things into perspective....

Kind of puts things into perspective....
It kinda does..then you add our teams weakness which is the offensive line, you look at those classes and you’ll see a direct correlation of attrition, and developmental guys who’ve we had to thrust into playing earlier then they should..it’s up to manny to end that trend or he’ll lose his job

It kinda does..then you add our teams weakness which is the offensive line, you look at those classes and you’ll see a direct correlation of attrition, and developmental guys who’ve we had to thrust into playing earlier then they should..it’s up to manny to end that trend or he’ll lose his job
I can see what you're saying. Tough cycle to break. Some luck is definitely needed...

Advertisement
I didn’t say that..but saying Lingard would be killing it right now at Bama is stupid with the facts in front of you..saying pope would be killing it is stupid also..but I’ll say Jeff Thomas would make more of a consistent impact at Bama because he’d be playing around a better Oline. So would jarren for that matter..we have skill talent, we overrate it but still they are talented..it’s on the oline that the problem. That why I say that talent gap isn’t as wide as we think/thought. That why football is the ultimate team sport. It’s dependent on different units to do their job. If a Oline isn’t pulling it’s weight it hinders the skill positions tremendously

If we got smoked by a playoff team your arguement would make sense.

But we didn’t. We are losing to teams who average at best 10 spots worst than us in recruiting.
If you think all that matters is talent. Then we should kill the coastal. It’s not a lack of talent. It’s a lack of coaching that talent.

Since you want to take things literally. Let me spell it out for you. A healthy Lo Lingard would be killing it at every top program. There is a reason they all wanted his services. Mark Pope would be killing it as well. There is a reason they all wanted his services. So according to you our players all
Of sudden forgot how to juke and break tackles?
They are all bums in disguise.

And since when do you need an elite Oline to win the coastal division?

What was Pitts average ranking again? What was UVAs?

You can make excuses all you want and blame talent but no coach is going to land a top 10 class if you can max out a top 25 class when your
Competition is in the 30’s,40s and 50s.

Jeff Thomas would have been tossed off the team at Alabama the moment he quit, and not invited back. Jarren lol at Alabama. Lolol. Nope. Sorry.

Yes our OL is awful. I warned this was coming back in Richt’s first season, when he ignored OL recruiting.

The only thing worse than our OL is our coaching.

If we got smoked by a playoff team your arguement would make sense.

But we didn’t. We are losing to teams who average at best 10 spots worst than us in recruiting.
If you think all that matters is talent. Then we should kill the coastal. It’s not a lack of talent. It’s a lack of coaching that talent.

Since you want to take things literally. Let me spell it out for you. A healthy Lo Lingard would be killing it at every top program. There is a reason they all wanted his services. Mark Pope would be killing it as well. There is a reason they all wanted his services. So according to you our players all
Of sudden forgot how to juke and break tackles?
They are all bums in disguise.

And since when do you need an elite Oline to win the coastal division?

What was Pitts average ranking again? What was UVAs?

You can make excuses all you want and blame talent but no coach is going to land a top 10 class if you can max out a top 25 class when your
Competition is in the 30’s,40s and 50s.
UM fans imagining our guys excelling at Alabama is an exercise in delusion for the most part. (Rousseau excepted)

Pope isn’t excelling here. Not just absolutely, but relatively. We have 5 guys (receivers and a TE) with more receptions than him. And a rb tied with him for receptions. If you want to imagine a UM WR on Bama, imagine Osborn. The grad transfer from Buffalo. Chew on that.

Advertisement
UM fans imagining our guys excelling at Alabama is an exercise in delusion for the most part. (Rousseau excepted)

Pope isn’t excelling here. Not just absolutely, but relatively. We have 5 guys (receivers and a TE) with more receptions than him. And a rb tied with him for receptions. If you want to imagine a UM WR on Bama, imagine Osborn. The grad transfer from Buffalo. Chew on that.

UM fans imagining our guys as bums who would be failures everywhere with better coaching and better schemes is delusion to me.

Are these guys exempt from criticism and having to work hard? No they aren’t.

But the facts are, we aren’t the only school who offered these guys. Just about everyone in the country did. And these guys could have signed wherever they wanted. They have talent.

Randy, Golden, Manny.. all blamed the players, all failures.

Do You ever here Gary Patterson, Mike gundy, mack brown blame their players? Is Tom Herman blaming his players when he fires his staff? Did Ed O blame his players or did he fire the guy who was the hottest name in Offensive coaching?

Blaming players is an excuse that failing coaches use to deflect attention away for their inability to produce wins with strategy. When a coach goes there it usually means they will eventually fail and be fired.

Jeff Thomas would have been tossed off the team at Alabama the moment he quit, and not invited back. Jarren lol at Alabama. Lolol. Nope. Sorry.

Yes our OL is awful. I warned this was coming back in Richt’s first season, when he ignored OL recruiting.

The only thing worse than our OL is our coaching.
Jarren Williams is better then Mac jones ..maybe

UM fans imagining our guys as bums who would be failures everywhere with better coaching and better schemes is delusion to me.

Are these guys exempt from criticism and having to work hard? No they aren’t.

But the facts are, we aren’t the only school who offered these guys. Just about everyone in the country did. And these guys could have signed wherever they wanted. They have talent.

Randy, Golden, Manny.. all blamed the players, all failures.

Do You ever here Gary Patterson, Mike gundy, mack brown blame their players? Is Tom Herman blaming his players when he fires his staff? Did Ed O blame his players or did he fire the guy who was the hottest name in Offensive coaching?

Blaming players is an excuse that failing coaches use to deflect attention away for their inability to produce wins with strategy. When a coach goes there it usually means they will eventually fail and be fired.
I have no idea why you wrote any of that. I am not blaming players. And I certainly am not defending our putrid staph.

You chosed to claim Pope would be killing it elsewhere. It’s a dumb claim considering plenty of guys on our roster are outperforming him here. Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn’t, you don’t know but it’s a bad example of any point you could rationally be trying to make.

As I have been pointing out since Coker was at Um, it’s not one thing or the other between recruiting and coaching. Both have been clearly subpar. There are plenty of fans, perhaps you included, who think any admission that player talent isn’t Alabama level is somehow a defense of our coaching. It isn’t, and everyone who goes for that trope is triggered, imo. Coaches are supposed to evaluate and recruit as well as develop and coach. It’s no surprise that our past 5 coaches have been below grade in multiple areas.

Advertisement
Back