An actual fairly intelligent and sensible article.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A quote from the article:
"This is one of our worst seasons in program history, but it could be worse. With this season, and before any more decommits, we are a top 15 recruiting class. That is amazing and should show potential for this program. Coach Manny Diaz is not the problem. He simply made hires that a rookie Head Coach can sometimes make. He fell for the hype with Dan Enos, and rightfully so... as every single fan did. Why wouldn't you want the QB coach at Alabama when they had Tua Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts. That was such a great hire at the time. "

Manny doesn't call the plays. He made bad hires. Hopefully he can man up and do what he did with the offensive coaches last year.

I think we’ve identified Manny’s incognito account on here.

What about us ignorant beer bellied, "cane fan" mother****ers that do more than just insult?

Basically, the author says what most of us here have said. The only change we can expect is replace Enos.

I disagree with that. Thousands of registered letters that require signatures to each and every member of the UM board of clowns will change some minds. We need to put that into motion. So will the billboards. Plus Diaz lost duke. I say his job is definitely in jeopardy right now....maybe not before the lame *** bowl, but after?

It wouldn't just be us who overrates the talent on Miami's roster then.
If u look at our recruiting rankings since 15.,our win loss total actual makes sense at a glance..personally I don’t put too muck stock in the rankings. But a lot of posters here do. But we aren’t going 7-6 with annually top 10 or top 5 classes
15- 27th
16- 22nd
17- 12th
18- 9th
19- 27th

I disagree with that. Thousands of registered letters that require signatures to each and every member of the UM board of clowns will change some minds. We need to put that into motion. So will the billboards. Plus Diaz lost duke. I say his job is definitely in jeopardy right now....maybe not before the lame *** bowl, but after?
It's not impossible, but very unlikely.

Advertisement
I read it differently. If Manny made a mistake in his hires he’s accountable for that. Pretty obvious to me that it wasn’t giving him a pass. He needs to make changes to the offense.
Reread it. It’s a string of non-sequitors. Illogical blah blah and white wash.

He states ‘I believe in Coach Manny Diaz and always will, we can't fire him after one year.’ That right there tells you all you really need to know about his piece. It’s faith, not analysis. He provides no reason why we cannot fire him after one year. Or shouldn’t. He just categorizes his mistakes and pins them on others.

He says: ‘When we hired Manny Diaz, we knew there were players on this team that needed to be washed out.... and we should have been on board of this ever since Jadon Haselwood mentioned it. We have been a program that has been underperforming ever since we were ranked number 2 in the nation.‘ Huh? It took us reading a comment from a recruit who didn’t come here to understand our problem? Is he serious? We’ve underperformed for 17 years!, not just since the Pitt game in ‘17.

He says ‘Coach Manny Diaz is not the problem.‘ No evidence given, just excuses. To wit: ‘He simply made hires that a rookie Head Coach can sometimes make. He fell for the hype with Dan Enos, and rightfully so... as every single fan did. Why wouldn't you want the QB coach at Alabama when they had Tua Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts. That was such a great hire at the time.’ So a critical HC decision that went very badly was not Manny’s fault because *some* uninformed fans liked it? What about the many posters on this very board who didn’t? Maybe one of them should coach UM.

He continues: ‘Coach Manny Diaz is now in a position that no one predicted, but it isn't time to jump ship.’ No one predicted this? What about the many people who disliked the hire and the process that led to it? What rock has he been living under to say no ine predocted this. Maybe Manny sucks WORSE than people expected, but plenty of folks were skeptical of this hire.

And more: ‘I know I seem like a basic Miami Hurricane fan who doesn't want to face reality... but the truth is we need to give him time.’ Well no, we do not have to, but the AD undoubtedly will. But why should they? ‘He hasn't even had his own recruiting class come in... ‘ Ah, yes, the typical plea for job security because recruiting. Lulz. Manny is not a great recruiter and no one is obligated to give him 4 years to see the results there.

More excuses parading as analysis: ‘and THE PLAYERS HE DID RECRUIT ARE ON THE MORE PRODUCTIVE SIDE OF THE BALL. I don't understand how that is hard to understand, he needs time to figure out the offense play caller for the future and get his own players on both sides of the ball.’ Really? He fired all of richt’s offensive staff and proceeded to get worse there. How much time is he supposed to get when it’s clear he’s lost? Meanwhile, the only thing close to a justification for him here is that he was a DC and the offense is worse, so he’s associated with recruits on the less bad side of the ball.

If this is what passes as a defense of Manny, lol.

Again: ‘I believe in Coach Manny Diaz and always will, we can't fire him after one year when we have players that are not in positions to succeed on offense. Jeff Thomas and Brevin Jordan are not getting the touches needed, we run up the middle all the time with poor OL, we had to grow out of a jet sweep phase, and we had to deal with runs/screens on the short side of the field that gave our players no space to make plays... THAT IS ON ENOS.’ I had thought Manny was the Head Coach. Guess i was mistaken.

If u look at our recruiting rankings since 15.,our win loss total actual makes sense at a glance..personally I don’t put too muck stock in the rankings. But a lot of posters here do. But we aren’t going 7-6 with annually top 10 or top 5 classes
15- 27th
16- 22nd
17- 12th
18- 9th
19- 27th
But I look at in relative terms. Relative to the teams Miami plays, other than FSU and the gaytes, Miami significantly out talents pretty much every team they play. We're going 7-6 annually with classes that are way better than our opponents classes. There's no excuse for Miami to be losing to Duke two years in a row. Even if we had gone 12-0 vs the crappy schedule we just played, I still wouldn't have expected Miami to be Clemson. I'm not delusional but I do expect us to beat the teams that shouldn't even be close to us.
If Manny were the coach to take Miami to the promised land he would have known how to fix the culture day 1. He's already been here for 3 years, he's been looking at the problem for 3 years. He didn't just walk in and go holy **** this place is ****ed up. He already knew what was up here and it's obvious he doesn't have a clue how to fix what's wrong with Miami. If he had been an off the street hire I'd consider giving him another year and staff changes. But he's not, and I'm not giving him another chance to throw **** at the wall and hope it sticks. The whole staff needs to go imo.

But I look at in relative terms. Relative to the teams Miami plays, other than FSU and the gaytes, Miami significantly out talents pretty much every team they play. We're going 7-6 annually with classes that are way better than our opponents classes. There's no excuse for Miami to be losing to Duke two years in a row. Even if we had gone 12-0 vs the crappy schedule we just played, I still wouldn't have expected Miami to be Clemson. I'm not delusional but I do expect us to beat the teams that shouldn't even be close to us.
If Manny were the coach to take Miami to the promised land he would have known how to fix the culture day 1. He's already been here for 3 years, he's been looking at the problem for 3 years. He didn't just walk in and go holy **** this place is ****ed up. He already knew what was up here and it's obvious he doesn't have a clue how to fix what's wrong with Miami. If he had been an off the street hire I'd consider giving him another year and staff changes. But he's not, and I'm not giving him another chance to throw **** at the wall and hope it sticks. The whole staff needs to go imo.
Go take a objective look at the recruiting since 15..and the attrition rate of those classes, the injury rate. 3 of those classes finished in the 20s Nationally and that’s only because of the 4stars..our recruiting needs to be fixed. The culture is where it starts. The talent gap is not as vast as our fans believe in all honesty. Not enough to over look anybody. That 10 win 2017 team was barely beating opponents. Now was the coaching that was finding a way to win..idk. But I do know this our talent across the board and on the chart does wow me

Go take a objective look at the recruiting since 15..and the attrition rate of those classes, the injury rate. 3 of those classes finished in the 20s Nationally and that’s only because of the 4stars..our recruiting needs to be fixed. The culture is where it starts. The talent gap is not as vast as our fans believe in all honesty. Not enough to over look anybody. That 10 win 2017 team was barely beating opponents. Now was the coaching that was finding a way to win..idk. But I do know this our talent across the board and on the chart does wow me
our fans are arrogant through our pride. But nothing tangible since 2004 says we should mark any team in the coastal as a W b4 a season

Advertisement
15- 27th
16- 22nd
17- 12th
18- 9th
19- 27th

Now post the reciting rankings of our counter parts in the Corstal....was times.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back