Amir Rasul decommitment rumors heating up

Advertisement
He came to this conclusion "after prayer?"

Even God is working against Al Golden now.

Here is an article about his decommitment.

Recruiting: Amir Rasul decommits from Miami Hurricanes* | Canes Watch

Recruiting: Amir Rasul decommits from Miami Hurricanes
By Matt Porter July 25,2015

After transferring high schools, Amir Rasul planned to spend his senior season in Coral Gables.

His college career is another matter.

Rasul, a rising senior running back at Coral Gables High, said Saturday he decided to back off his Miami commitment.

https://twitter.com/speedy_arii/status/625084240804343808

“After prayer and speaking with my parents and coaches, I’ve decided to de-commit from the University of Miami and open up my recruitment,” he tweeted.

Rasul, a 5-foot-10, 200-pound four-star recruit, is the No. 7 running back on 247Sports’ composite ratings. He is a track sprinter who racked up 893 yards and 13 touchdowns on 127 carries as a junior at Miami-Columbus High.

According to 247Sports, Rasul is the No. 1 back on Florida State’s recruiting board. He has long been rumored to flip to the Seminoles, but did not announce that move Saturday.

After losing him, UM’s recruiting class of 21 commits is rated No. 8 by 247Sports. Four-star prospect Travis Homer, of Oxbridge Academy, is the highest-rated commit at the position. UM is after four-star back Carlin Fils-Aime, a Naples High teammate of cornerback commit Tyler Byrd.

Advertisement
He decommitted, oh well Miami will always have and produce runningbacks

U mean like Collins, Michel, Cook, Powell, Scarlett, Williams and Cronkite. LULZ[/Q
That hurts!!!

Let's see what they do we've been producing effective professional running backs since cooper (before injury ) Mike James (before injury) and of course Miami own Lamar miller tell me what they've done ?

Collins is killing it for arkansas, cook is beating girls and running for TDs with FSU, sony is behind chubb but is still producing, powell is making a play here and there at UF and the others havent played a down

the kid knew we had many backs that are better than him and was scared of compeition. we don't need him. homer is 2x the back he is, and fils anime is x2 as well. hopefuilly we get carlin fils.

Last edited:
There are many, many people that disagree. Homer is clearly the best, Fils Aimes, and then you have Rasul...and the majority view it this way.

Must be scared of homer.....

Would take Rasul and Fils Aimes over Homer any day of week.

Of course you would, you're an FSU fan...

haha. My order is Fils Aimes, Rasul and then a distant 3rd Homer. If u watch film with open eyes, u will come to same conclusion

Advertisement
He decommitted, oh well Miami will always have and produce runningbacks

U mean like Collins, Michel, Cook, Powell, Scarlett, Williams and Cronkite. LULZ[/Q
That hurts!!!

Let's see what they do we've been producing effective professional running backs since cooper (before injury ) Mike James (before injury) and of course Miami own Lamar miller tell me what they've done ?

Collins is killing it for arkansas, cook is beating girls and running for TDs with FSU, sony is behind chubb but is still producing, powell is making a play here and there at UF and the others havent played a down

Powell has been moved to WR at UF.

Homer is the best "running back". He has the frame, pad level, wiggle, shows some good burst. The others have their own special traits. Homer doesn't do anything great but he is solid at everything. I think Homer and Fils-Aime are 1a, 1b. Rasul is behind them. He is just fast. I hope Fils-Aime doesn't go to Auburn but it is what it is.

Robert Burns is my favorite back that we have targeted in a while. He will come in and instantly be the #1 or #2 on the depth chart. So as long as we hold onto him in 2017 (obviously holding my breath) whoever we get in this class will just be moved behind him the day he steps on campus. Only thing giving me hope for him is he is at Gulliver. As long as Wright, Jackson, Richards, and most importantly Baez stay here i like our chances.

That hurts!!!

He played well when they had him in the slot last year

Rasul is good he's gotta a lot of cook in him but many saw this happening let's hope we get Fils-Aime (we will) and maybe Ben Thompson reclassifies we'll be good btw I love Homer's homerun ability hes **** good

Advertisement
Rasul is good he's gotta a lot of cook in him but many saw this happening let's hope we get Fils-Aime (we will) and maybe Ben Thompson reclassifies we'll be good btw I love Homer's homerun ability hes **** good

Don't ever compare cook and rasul, ever ever ever ever rasul bearly touched 800yds FOH , rasul track speed doesn't transfer over to the football field, this is a very down year in backs in Florida, fils aime is the only slam dunk at back and he's probably going to auburn or Tennessee

That hurts!!!

uf is actually expecting powell to produce big time this yr at wr

Advertisement
Another year where the best we can realistically hope for is to pull one very good RB. Homer is outstanding, but we need another top back to go along with him who possesses true Miami speed. Thompson and Moss don't make us faster at the skill positions, which is what we desperately need. Missing on Fils-Aime if he heads to the SEC would be a big problem which could also jeopardize Byrd's commitment.

Also, anyone claiming Rasul decommitted because he's scared of competition is beyond clueless. He's likely heading to a backfield that just landed their top 2 RB targets in the previous recruiting cycle (Frasier and Patrick). Even if Cook is severely punished (LOL), FSU's backfield is clearly more talented than ours. There's more competition on a team that has pulled Top 5 classes for the past four years than there is at Miami right now. That's not really debatable to anyone who isn't a blind homer.

And if anyone mentions a 2017 commit as part of an eventual depth discussion when there's 1 & 1/2 years for them to change their mind, just slap yourself in the face.

Is Rasul better than any RB's currently enrolled at Miami ? If the answer is "No!" .....then you move on and don't worry. Is he better than Homer? If the answer is the same as the previous one...again...then you move on.

Over the years you look to see what quality a school has produced at certain positions. If he wants to go to FSU...then.. God bless him! If he's "praying with friends and family"..then obviously those prayers don't involve academic support and class size ..something which any right-thinking guardian or parent should have at the top of the list.

Advertisement
Back