American Heritagevs Cardinal Gibbons highlights

Yeah they've definitely improved, and it probably has alot to do with Gibson's improvement. In the beginning of the year all they could do was run the ball.

Advertisement
I don't like him at QB for our system.

I love him at QB in our system, he is the definition of a true dual-threat QB with elite speed to escape the pocket or keep the play alive against elite defensive pressure.

That doesn't mean he can play under center and make reads in the pro-style system. He hasn't had to do that yet and that would be foreign to him. I'm not a fan of placing "athletes" at QB.

We don't run a "dual threat" system. Now if we decide to go to the spread and run some read option stuff then that's a different story.

That is what a thing called Redshirt is for so he can have a greater knowledge of the pro-style offense. Also, any freshmen that comes in would still have to learn a new playbook and schemes regardless of what they learned in high school.

I love him at QB in our system, he is the definition of a true dual-threat QB with elite speed to escape the pocket or keep the play alive against elite defensive pressure.

That doesn't mean he can play under center and make reads in the pro-style system. He hasn't had to do that yet and that would be foreign to him. I'm not a fan of placing "athletes" at QB.

We don't run a "dual threat" system. Now if we decide to go to the spread and run some read option stuff then that's a different story.

That is what a thing called Redshirt is for so he can have a greater knowledge of the pro-style offense. Also, any freshmen that comes in would still have to learn a new playbook and schemes regardless of what they learned in high school.

Got it dude.

Fast + good arm = great QB

Sure fire.

Want good size,speed and arm.I like that number 1 and 25 too. Especially #1 whoever that is,lol!!!

Agreed.

He can throw, but he just doesn't strike me as a quick decision-maker. Everything is a tick slow. Even in a system that embraces dual-threat quarterbacks, that lack of decisiveness will hurt him.

If Gibson had Treon Harris's instincts he'd be the best quarterback in the country.

Advertisement

Agreed.

He can throw, but he just doesn't strike me as a quick decision-maker. Everything is a tick slow. Even in a system that embraces dual-threat quarterbacks, that lack of decisiveness will hurt him.

If Gibson had Treon Harris's instincts he'd be the best quarterback in the country.

I agree about him not being successful in our system, but he is only a junior playing his first year at QB isnt he?

Whats your take on his ability to develop over the next two or three years into a useful D1 spread QB in a system like and around a staff like Baylor possess?

Advertisement
Back