American Heritage HC Pat Surtain Discusses State Championship, 2022 Class, And T-Rob Hire

Advertisement
Why would you question that decision when we were an absolute dumpster fire? I wouldn't have sent my kid here either, it's business, nothing personal. You have to be able to separate the two in situations like that. People here are straight up homers as he made the best decision he could at the time. Your kid, that year, Bama or us, you're dumb as **** if you're pushing here. Ultimately it's the kids decision and he made his, wisely picking Bama.

part of the reason is his boy tho

Advertisement
Why would you question that decision when we were an absolute dumpster fire? I wouldn't have sent my kid here either, it's business, nothing personal. You have to be able to separate the two in situations like that. People here are straight up homers as he made the best decision he could at the time. Your kid, that year, Bama or us, you're dumb as **** if you're pushing here. Ultimately it's the kids decision and he made his, wisely picking Bama.
I agree with you my qualm is don’t be like it’s business for sending your kid elsewhere because you felt (rightfully so) that he would be better off at another school and then don’t apply that same logic when Manny makes a business decision in demoting your “boy”.

Some of these high school coaches don’t view UM as their home town school that they want to be great. They look at UM as a safety school for their kids and an in for getting into college coaching.

If UM does anything to slight their kids or one of the local coaches they are quick to badmouth UM.

Saban can treat one of their recruits like trash and they’d still send the next kid there and won’t say nothing about how the previous recruit was treated like garbage.

He didn’t say miami did rumph wrong necessarily he just said he didn’t like it
Nope that’s exactly what he said. The only reason why he is letting it slide and UM isn’t getting crushed by the local coaches is because TRob is local and well liked as well.

Manny isn’t stupid. He knew he couldn’t demote Rumph and then hire someone not known locally.

Advertisement
He didn’t say miami did rumph wrong necessarily he just said he didn’t like it

Simply put, he doesn't have to either.

True friend to Mike, don't necessarily agree that it needed to be said, but he's in Mike's corner.

It's also possible to like Mike and TRob. You can be happy that TRob was hired, but also not feel Mike's situation was handled correctly. Seems people want to make it more and fair enough as he put his words out there for people to interpret however they please.

Simply put, he doesn't have to either.

True friend to Mike, don't necessarily agree that it needed to be said, but he's in Mike's corner.

It's also possible to like Mike and TRob. You can be happy that TRob was hired, but also not feel Mike's situation was handled correctly. Seems people want to make it more and fair enough as he put his words out there for people to interpret however they please.
He can feel any type of way. But his opinion should not matter at all in UM business.

Advertisement
Nope that’s exactly what he said. The only reason why he is letting it slide and UM isn’t getting crushed by the local coaches is because TRob is local and well liked as well.

Manny isn’t stupid. He knew he couldn’t demote Rumph and then hire someone not known locally.
He had to hire someone with ties locally because of the DB talent instate. Their was no time to hire somebody who needed to learn how things operate and all of that because recruiting sfla is different

Advertisement
The folks who run this board are too charitable they love everybody. To **** with Pat Surtain he didnt have to send his boy to Alabama it's not like they are poor and they needed bags. I will never forget him going on the radio after his boy decided to go to backwater *** Tuscaloosa Alabama where nothing grows and it only has one lake and leftover vestiges of the bad old days of race relations and saying in the most condescending manner that we would be alright.

We wound up being not alright. And why choose Alabaga and Satan which already had one of the best programs, choosing them when you are king doo doo yourself was nothing but being a front runner. How hard is it to go to the best school. Sorry I have no respect for this dude and am not feeling his son. I hated that they were all in the Herald talking about returning home so folks could see them. I didn't watch the
game cause who wants to watch frontrunners now acting like there was something special about returning home.

And its not like the Alabama db coaches are coaching folks up all that much more. For all the talent back there they still got scorched quite a bit. And all this talk about Saban and his coaching **** how hard is to win with the absolute best talent every year while cheating to get it knowing you wont be punished. And a lot of this front running Alabama talent winds up not doing crap in the pros.

Yeah definitely sour grapes lol

The folks who run this board are too charitable they love everybody. To **** with Pat Surtain he didnt have to send his boy to Alabama it's not like they are poor and they needed bags. I will never forget him going on the radio after his boy decided to go to backwater *** Tuscaloosa Alabama where nothing grows and it only has one lake and leftover vestiges of the bad old days of race relations and saying in the most condescending manner that we would be alright.

We wound up being not alright. And why choose Alabaga and Satan which already had one of the best programs, choosing them when you are king doo doo yourself was nothing but being a front runner. How hard is it to go to the best school. Sorry I have no respect for this dude and am not feeling his son. I hated that they were all in the Herald talking about returning home so folks could see them. I didn't watch the
game cause who wants to watch frontrunners now acting like there was something special about returning home.

And its not like the Alabama db coaches are coaching folks up all that much more. For all the talent back there they still got scorched quite a bit. And all this talk about Saban and his coaching **** how hard is to win with the absolute best talent every year while cheating to get it knowing you wont be punished. And a lot of this front running Alabama talent winds up not doing crap in the pros.

Yeah definitely sour grapes lol
Lol

I think everyone is reading Way Too much into what he said. He basically endorsed the hiring of TRob while attempting to remain friends with MR. Him sending his son to Bama was the prudent and best choice especially after he is drafted in the 1st round with a ship to boot. His statement about Rumph was a half-hearted attempt to appear cordial to Rumph nothing more.

Advertisement
Back