American Heritage at Cypress Bay Game Thread (3PMET ESPN)

He knows how to win though. However, I think their reign might be over. They lost alot of talent on offense.

I think both teams (Heritage and Cypress) need to get some better coaching on their passing game. Their passing game looked sloppy at times and very inefficient. You can tell they don't know their reads. They're just back there chuckin' the ball and playin' sandlot Quarterback. They're just putting the ball in their play-maker's hands and counting on them to make things happen. That first play of the game was an excellent call though.

Heritage's OC is a running game guy and so is Cypress Bay's. If that QB at Heritage ever gets some coaching and development their offense is gonna be deadly. I sat down with Rumph a couple times during the summer and they have some nice ideas on defense. They also have a great D-line coach in Mike Conrad.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We had our disagreements but I played under Conrad when he was at McCarthy and that guy can coach. He's a great addition to the heritage staff.

He knows how to win though. However, I think their reign might be over. They lost alot of talent on offense.

I think both teams (Heritage and Cypress) need to get some better coaching on their passing game. Their passing game looked sloppy at times and very inefficient. You can tell they don't know their reads. They're just back there chuckin' the ball and playin' sandlot Quarterback. They're just putting the ball in their play-maker's hands and counting on them to make things happen. That first play of the game was an excellent call though.

Heritage's OC is a running game guy and so is Cypress Bay's. If that QB at Heritage ever gets some coaching and development their offense is gonna be deadly. I sat down with Rumph a couple times during the summer and they have some nice ideas on defense. They also have a great D-line coach in Mike Conrad.

FWIW

I haven't talked to a single kid who thinks Wilson is that good. And alot of these kids are honest. They'll tell you who's legit. I keep hearing the same things over and over again: Physical but suspect in coverage. Too big. Can't run.

Same things I hear about McFadden.

Thanks for insight, I tend to agree about Wilson. Who do they say are some of the top guys?

WR Burgess Becker (Monarch)
WR Trevon Lee (Cardinal Gibbons)
CB Juwan Dowels (American Heritage) Locks up Lane every time.
CB Chris Lammons (Plantation)

Just off the top of my head.

Like that dude a lot. Forgot who brought him up last year and made me take notice when his highlights came out. Probably one of a few guys who is lower rated who I've watched closely and think is under the radar. Anyone remember Tony Martin who played for the Phins? Kinda reminds me of that style. I think he's a potential NFL player.

I've been asking about Lee for a while. Can't get why he's not discussed more. Love the way he uses his hands. Smart kid too - he's visiting Stanford, Cal, Vandy and Duke.

We had our disagreements but I played under Conrad when he was at McCarthy and that guy can coach. He's a great addition to the heritage staff.

That dude deserves a good gig like Heritage. He's been stuck at some losing programs for the last few years.

Advertisement
FWIW

I haven't talked to a single kid who thinks Wilson is that good. And alot of these kids are honest. They'll tell you who's legit. I keep hearing the same things over and over again: Physical but suspect in coverage. Too big. Can't run.

Same things I hear about McFadden.

Thanks for insight, I tend to agree about Wilson. Who do they say are some of the top guys?

Quincy Wilson throws that kid around like a ragdoll when they go in one on ones.

How do you think that translates to what Lee will be in college and what Wilson will become?

Lee needs to get his weight up....he barely can get off the line agains Wilson. Thats what he will see in college....

Wilson is what he is though...a strong kid with long arms...that thinks hes a cb....more than likely a safety rospect..who will likely be productive in collge at he spot because he seems coachable..and always makes plays when i watch him.

Quincy Wilson throws that kid around like a ragdoll when they go in one on ones.

How do you think that translates to what Lee will be in college and what Wilson will become?

Lee needs to get his weight up....he barely can get off the line agains Wilson. Thats what he will see in college....

Wilson is what he is though...a strong kid with long arms...that thinks hes a cb....more than likely a safety rospect..who will likely be productive in collge at he spot because he seems coachable..and always makes plays when i watch him.

There are plenty of skinny guys who've been placed on the move and make a living. We shall see.

I may be able to justify your argument about crozier, but honestly Wade Freebeck is not a miami caliber QB (not that Roiser is either.) I go to school with both of these kids, Freebeck is having trouble winning the starting job at QB from Junior Jake Rizzo. IMO Crozier might be one of the most underrated players in broward county the kid is a serious o-line prospect. Its alright though you attend western and you gotta promote your boy Freebeck since he was the old QB there.

Off topic:

It was a "who's who" of recruits at the game. Saw a bunch of high caliber kids. With that said, Quincy Wilson is kidding himself if he thinks he's a CB. That kid is huge. He already looks like a D1 Safety. He actually looks bigger than the Safeties we have at Miami right now.

Was hangin' out with Freebeck and Crosier for a while. Two kids who Miami haven't offered and I can't really figure out why. *shrugs* I was told that there's a good chance Moten ends up at Miami though. Hope he's right.

The only reason Cosullo said there was a QB competition was because Rizzo's dad is a coach on team. AND when Freebeck transferred they lost the other QB on roster, he didn't want to lose the other by stating that Freebeck was #1. Plus, I am sure Freebeck would not have left starting job at Western his senior year if he was not assured by STA staff he was the starter.

Advertisement
Mckenzie all day..

A few rebuttals for other comments I have seen..

1) Coach G is the Frank Martin of HS football. Do whatever it takes to win. Lol. But lets all be honest..All these winning programs down here do it. If ur gonna compete against the STAs of the world you cant just depend on your local optimist kids while STA and U-school are recruiting and think ur gonna win any titles. Ask Ely and Deerfield and Dillard. They got left behind because they couldnt keep up with the times.

2) QW is gonna rag doll most kids in Broward. The problem is whats he gonna do when he goes up against someone just as big and faster then him and the rag doll techinque doesnt work. Whats plan B?

3) This was good showing by AM. Sony looked good and Mckenzie looked like a beast. Glad for Mike Rumph.

Mckenzie all day..

1) Coach G is the Frank Martin of HS football. Do whatever it takes to win. Lol. But lets all be honest..All these winning programs down here do it. If ur gonna compete against the STAs of the world you cant just depend on your local optimist kids while STA and U-school are recruiting and think ur gonna win any titles. Ask Ely and Deerfield and Dillard. They got left behind because they couldnt keep up with the times.

2) QW is gonna rag doll most kids in Broward. The problem is whats he gonna do when he goes up against someone just as big and faster then him and the rag doll techinque doesnt work. Whats plan B?

3) This was good showing by AM. Sony looked good and Mckenzie looked like a beast. Glad for Mike Rumph.

I hope IM gets a UM offer, if he hasnt secured one yet. I coached him and Jesus Wilson together on our youth team. They were by far our two best, most explosive players. We had Vicens also and he was our QB. Had Irvin on the first year then we booted him the next after having such a bad attitude.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mckenzie all day..

No doubt.

Advertisement
Mckenzie all day..

Literally the dumbest thing I've ever read on this site, and that's saying something.

Mckenzie all day..

1.)Ely, Dillard, and Deerfield are just getting poached. They arent the top dogs that can do the poaching anymore. **** look at STA just took Ely's starr young WR..Devante Peete and there's nothing that can be done. Dillard could survive off teh optomist programs....their problem pretty much is/was a pull tug between admin and coaches...everytime they got a new principal they brought a new coach or fired one hired the other,etc. No Stability at all...add to schools like U-School coming up, Northeast being OK...then u have St Thomas still down the street.

2.) QW wont go up against much guys bigger than him...not even in college..Faster yes.....Dude is 6'1 200 right now. He is a safety prospect..the last two years of work at cb isolated only could help him in covg in the back line imo. Think about it....dude is the same size if not bigger than Jermaine Grace and is/has been lined up @ cb...playing off man and press. I'm HIGH on the kid as a prospect...Quite frankly i dont like him roughing up those guys in one on ones because i know he can do it..but in games he plays off man also.

3.) Mike Rumph is doing his thing and has a nice orster over @ AH....Happy for him also....

LOL @ Canes4life04. I will take that as a compliment coming from you, youngblood. Anyway, why dont you humor us with details as to why my post was the DOAT? Mark G clearly plucks kids from places that are not even remotely close to his area in order to have some sort of competitive advantage. I dont blame him obviously. Its dog eat dog in Broward especially now that U-school is recruiting studs. IIRC, wasnt Frank Martin run out of Dade because of the Miami High debacle or was that Shakey Rodriguez? If it was not FMartin, then I stand corrected.

Advertisement
Back