American Heritage at Cypress Bay Game Thread (3PMET ESPN)

Off topic:

It was a "who's who" of recruits at the game. Saw a bunch of high caliber kids. With that said, Quincy Wilson is kidding himself if he thinks he's a CB. That kid is huge. He already looks like a D1 Safety. He actually looks bigger than the Safeties we have at Miami right now.

Was hangin' out with Freebeck and Crosier for a while. Two kids who Miami haven't offered and I can't really figure out why. *shrugs* I was told that there's a good chance Moten ends up at Miami though. Hope he's right.

Um i think gave the kid a LB sticker when he visited.

Wilson is like 6'1 200+ right now.....i dont know if dude think hes n the nfl already or think he wont grow anymore....but hes a safety all the way...but it doesnt matter he'll be @ uf...where they have big *** safeties from the last two recruiting class...yet will play 5'9 185 pd cody riggs @ safety this yr.

I saw Wilson today, kid is legit 6'2 he's probably closer to 6'3. He isn't 200 tho, he's around 6'2 1/2 185 if I had to make a guess

Ehhh, I dunno dude. That kid is pretty jacked. Dude had veins poppin' out all over his arms. I have a LB who's 190 and he don't look as big as Wilson.

He's ripped but I don't think he's 200+. From what I saw he's 185-195. I could be wrong tho

Advertisement
FWIW

I haven't talked to a single kid who thinks Wilson is that good. And alot of these kids are honest. They'll tell you who's legit. I keep hearing the same things over and over again: Physical but suspect in coverage. Too big. Can't run.

Same things I hear about McFadden.

It is now official...

People tune into American Heritage to Watch Sony...

Leave in aww over what mckenzie did in the game...

Happened 2 out of 3 games last year I saw and again today

Off topic:

It was a "who's who" of recruits at the game. Saw a bunch of high caliber kids. With that said, Quincy Wilson is kidding himself if he thinks he's a CB. That kid is huge. He already looks like a D1 Safety. He actually looks bigger than the Safeties we have at Miami right now.

Was hangin' out with Freebeck and Crosier for a while. Two kids who Miami haven't offered and I can't really figure out why. *shrugs* I was told that there's a good chance Moten ends up at Miami though. Hope he's right.

Um i think gave the kid a LB sticker when he visited.

Wilson is like 6'1 200+ right now.....i dont know if dude think hes n the nfl already or think he wont grow anymore....but hes a safety all the way...but it doesnt matter he'll be @ uf...where they have big *** safeties from the last two recruiting class...yet will play 5'9 185 pd cody riggs @ safety this yr.

I saw Wilson today, kid is legit 6'2 he's probably closer to 6'3. He isn't 200 tho, he's around 6'2 1/2 185 if I had to make a guess

Ehhh, I dunno dude. That kid is pretty jacked. Dude had veins poppin' out all over his arms. I have a LB who's 190 and he don't look as big as Wilson.

He's ripped but I don't think he's 200+. From what I saw he's 185-195. I could be wrong tho

I'm just comparing him to some of the kids I know or have coached. He definitely looks bigger than the OLB I had (Adrienne Talan) and he's 6'0" 190lbs.

It is now official...

People tune into American Heritage to Watch Sony...

Leave in aww over what mckenzie did in the game...

Happened 2 out of 3 games last year I saw and again today

Some of the most impressive kids at that game today were the kids with the least impressive offers. Funny how that happens.

Advertisement
FWIW

I haven't talked to a single kid who thinks Wilson is that good. And alot of these kids are honest. They'll tell you who's legit. I keep hearing the same things over and over again: Physical but suspect in coverage. Too big. Can't run.

Thanks for insight, I tend to agree about Wilson. Who do they say are some of the top guys?

FWIW

Thanks for insight, I tend to agree about Wilson. Who do they say are some of the top guys?

WR Burgess Becker (Monarch)
WR Trevon Lee (Cardinal Gibbons)
CB Juwan Dowels (American Heritage) Locks up Lane every time.
CB Chris Lammons (Plantation)

Just off the top of my head.

FWIW

Like that dude a lot. Forgot who brought him up last year and made me take notice when his highlights came out. Probably one of a few guys who is lower rated who I've watched closely and think is under the radar. Anyone remember Tony Martin who played for the Phins? Kinda reminds me of that style. I think he's a potential NFL player.

Advertisement
**** anyone else see the coach jab the QB lol

Watching the local abc news here in Miami and one of their stories is the apparent controversy surrounding it. smh.

Mark Guandolo might be in trouble now.

NOW he's in trouble?

Dude's been providing fake addresses to inner city kids for the last few years and not a sniff from the BCAA or FHSAA. That cat is **** near untouchable over there.

i remember when coach g had kids from OPA LOCKA...playing for Cypress Bay....Got**** Opa Locka.....them kids didnt even no where WESTON is....i seriously doubt any of the skill position guys for Cy Bay live in Weston's boundaries.

FWIW

Quincy Wilson throws that kid around like a ragdoll when they go in one on ones.

I may be able to justify your argument about crozier, but honestly Wade Freebeck is not a miami caliber QB (not that Roiser is either.) I go to school with both of these kids, Freebeck is having trouble winning the starting job at QB from Junior Jake Rizzo. IMO Crozier might be one of the most underrated players in broward county the kid is a serious o-line prospect. Its alright though you attend western and you gotta promote your boy Freebeck since he was the old QB there.

Off topic:

I may be able to justify your argument about crozier, but honestly Wade Freebeck is not a miami caliber QB (not that Roiser is either.) I go to school with both of these kids, Freebeck is having trouble winning the starting job at QB from Junior Jake Rizzo. IMO Crozier might be one of the most underrated players in broward county the kid is a serious o-line prospect. Its alright though you attend western and you gotta promote your boy Freebeck since he was the old QB there.

Off topic:

Having trouble winning the starting spot? That dude has been cemented as the starter for a while now. I heard Rizzo was actually contemplating a transfer at one time because of it. Freebeck injured his thumb in the spring, had surgery and came back and took the starting spot for fall. The kid is 6'5", throws lasers and understands coverages better than (probably) any QB in South Florida.

I don't know what you consider a "Miami caliber QB". *shrugs*

Advertisement

Watching the local abc news here in Miami and one of their stories is the apparent controversy surrounding it. smh.

NOW he's in trouble?

Dude's been providing fake addresses to inner city kids for the last few years and not a sniff from the BCAA or FHSAA. That cat is **** near untouchable over there.

i remember when coach g had kids from OPA LOCKA...playing for Cypress Bay....Got**** Opa Locka.....them kids didnt even no where WESTON is....i seriously doubt any of the skill position guys for Cy Bay live in Weston's boundaries.

Cypress Bay was a (majority) white team when Coach Hobbs was there. I think they had maybe 3 blacks kids on the whole team, and they were definitely Weston kids. Soft as bread. They were "brothers" not "bruhs". Coach-G started coaching there and all of a sudden Cypress Bay turned into a D1 factory and their track team was all black. *shrugs*

There's not a school in Broward where recruiting is more obvious. There's not an urban neighborhood anywhere near Cypress Bay.

I gotta be honest, that's one of the reasons I love watching them lose. That, and the fact that they're a bunch of tools. I was watching the game today and me and my buddy were just SMH. Guys were getting their *** beat and still celebrating every decent play they made. I'm a self-admitted Cypress Bay hater.

I do give them their props though. They're well-coached and the administration there strives to win in everything they do. It's like a public school version of STA.

Last edited:
FWIW

Quincy Wilson throws that kid around like a ragdoll when they go in one on ones.

How do you think that translates to what Lee will be in college and what Wilson will become?

Rizzo's dad has been on the staff as the JV coach for a while, he never contemplated a transfer. They also gave Rizzo playing time against Dillard this week and he outperformed Freebeck. I do think that Freebeck has the size and athletic ability, but it wasn't just miami who didn't think he was worth offering. A lot of other schools evaluated him, pitt and florida were the only two big-time D1 schools who offered. I think the kid has ability and potential but you may be overrating him, and don't get me wrong i hope he performs well so my school can repeat as state champions.

Off topic:

Having trouble winning the starting spot? That dude has been cemented as the starter for a while now. I heard Rizzo was actually contemplating a transfer at one time because of it. Freebeck injured his thumb in the spring, had surgery and came back and took the starting spot for fall. The kid is 6'5", throws lasers and understands coverages better than (probably) any QB in South Florida.

Advertisement
Rizzo's dad has been on the staff as the JV coach for a while, he never contemplated a transfer. They also gave Rizzo playing time against Dillard this week and he outperformed Freebeck. I do think that Freebeck has the size and athletic ability, but it wasn't just miami who didn't think he was worth offering. A lot of other schools evaluated him, pitt and florida were the only two big-time D1 schools who offered. I think the kid has ability and potential but you may be overrating him, and don't get me wrong i hope he performs well so my school can repeat as state champions.

Off topic:

Well of course they gave Rizzo time against Dillard, it was a pre-season game.

Wade was 9-15 with 145 yards and a TD. (no INT's)

That starting QB spot has never been in jeopardy at all. Rocco even told the paper how surprised he was with Wade's knowledge of coverages and his ability to diagnose things on the field. He said the that Wade is definitely the guy.

The reason Freebeck doesn't have bigger offers is because he was hurt for most of the spring, which is exactly when evaluations are done by college coaches.

UF is one of the top teams in the country and offered him after he performed at their camp. After that, nobody else really got a chance to see him in person.

Last edited:
I understand that he couldn't play spring ball due to his ankle injury, but there was an entire junior year to evaluate as well. Then you have to ask yourself if his offer from UF was committable, maybe he was a plan B incase they didn't land Will Grier. His Running Back Madre London received an FSU offer which wasn't committable. I do not know how much knowledge he has as a QB, but to my understanding this was a quarterback competition and Rizzo did/has a legit shot at the job.

Off topic:

That starting QB spot has never been in jeopardy at all. Rocco even told the paper how surprised he was with Wade's knowledge of coverages and his ability to diagnose things on the field. He said the that Wade is definitely the guy.

The reason Freebeck doesn't have bigger offers is because he was hurt for most of the spring, which is exactly when evaluations are done by college coaches.

UF is one of the top teams in the country and offered him after he performed at their camp. After that, nobody else really got a chance to see him in person.

I understand that he couldn't play spring ball due to his ankle injury, but there was an entire junior year to evaluate as well. Then you have to ask yourself if his offer from UF was committable, maybe he was a plan B incase they didn't land Will Grier. His Running Back Madre London received an FSU offer which wasn't committable. I do not know how much knowledge he has as a QB, but to my understanding this was a quarterback competition and Rizzo did/has a legit shot at the job.

The UF offer was committable but they were only gonna take Freebeck or Grier.

Evaluations aren't done during the season so there's no way he could've been seen during his Junior year. (other than film) Evaluations are normally done during Spring, and unfortunately that couldn't be done for Freebeck because he was hurt all Spring.

If Freebeck was seen and evaluated by several big schools and still didn't get an offer then you'd have a point but that's not what happened. The only "big school" that evaluated him extended an offer on the spot. (UF)

If Rizzo vs. Freebeck was a legit battle then Wade would've had to work for his starting spot after his surgery. That wasn't the case.

NOW he's in trouble?

That's what you get when you hire Guandolo....he did the same thing at Pace. School was a bunch of Hialeah cuban kids he got there and turned into Carol City II.

Advertisement
Back