amazingly, regardless of how we've gotten there, we've...

WndyCityCane

Recruit
..currently got the longest winning streak in college football at 12 games. Hasn't always been pretty, but what a great run. Yea, number 13 is gonna be a real hard test, but what a testament to our program.

By the way, where does our current streak rate in terms of our all-time streaks? Didn't we have a couple of 25+ and one 34 game streak back in the day.

go CANEs!!!!

Advertisement
Had we not got shafted in the Fiesta Bowl, there would have been a 40 game win streak.

And the best thing about this winning streak is that we all know that this team can play much better. The potential is there for much greater results.

That is also what is most scary for the rest of College landscape.

sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

I don't really see how "luck" plays into it. Yes, there have been close games but they've made the plays at the end of games to win. It's not like they've won because of a bunch of bad calls or wacky bounces. If anything, the bad luck has kept a lot of these games closer than they should have been.

Advertisement
Were just getting started. Were not even 2 years into Richt & he’s only got one cycle in.

Advertisement
Here's perspective we go from the worst coaching regime we ever had to ending two long droughts (bowl win and arch-rival win in their house) and the nations longest winning streak and we still find a way to complain about where we are as a program.

Competence breeds confidence which leads to further competence thus leading to more confidence. We are still a work in progress much more to go but I'd rather learn the lessons winning rather than learn the lessons losing. FSU and UF would rather go through what we are dealing with than the dumpster fires that they are trying to put out.

I don't really see how "luck" plays into it. Yes, there have been close games but they've made the plays at the end of games to win. It's not like they've won because of a bunch of bad calls or wacky bounces. If anything, the bad luck has kept a lot of these games closer than they should have been.

Luck is always a factor. The goods teams make enough plays during a game for luck to put them over the top when it occurs. Instead of a 42-10 loss becoming a 42-17 loss, a 20-17 loss becomes a 20-24 win.

Advertisement

So the ball bouncing off a defender into Langham hands on a 4th and 10 isn’t considered luck? I hear what you’re say but we still have been lucky

So the ball bouncing off a defender into Langham hands on a 4th and 10 isn’t considered luck? I hear what you’re say but we still have been lucky

Okay but it's also incredibly unlucky to dominate a team like GT (almost 2x their total yards) the way we did and be trailing at the end.

Also Langham is a huge receiver who used his enormous hands and length to make a great play. LUCKY would have been if a little dude like Harley made the same catch. Hth

Okay but it's also incredibly unlucky to dominate a team like GT (almost 2x their total yards) the way we did and be trailing at the end.

Also Langham is a huge receiver who used his enormous hands and length to make a great play. LUCKY would have been if a little dude like Harley made the same catch. Hth

No one is disputing that Langham didn't make a great play but still, if the ball doesn't bounce where he can reach it, he doesn't have a chance.

Advertisement

Over the course of a season, luck evens out. Someone can just a easily find a play where we were unlucky. All you can do is position yourselves to take advantage of good luck and minimize the impact of bad luck.

Winning is learned. People forgot had hard it is to win games consistently and you are going to be in some close ones. Look at Clemson last year. Struggled to beat Troy at home. Beat a pedestrian NC State team in OT. Lost to a pedestrian Pitt team at home. Squeaked by Virginia Tech in the conference championship game.

Miami is in the process of learning how to win the close ones. Miami will always get everybody's best shot.

Over the course of a season, luck evens out. Someone can just a easily find a play where we were unlucky. All you can do is position yourselves to take advantage of good luck and minimize the impact of bad luck.

That's what good teams do consistently.

What are you talking about? The Herndon catch vs Georgia Tech bounced of the defensive backs helmet after being deflected so it was pretty lucky that it bounced just the right way to end up in front of Herndons face so he could catch it. That my friend is lucky

Advertisement
Back