amazingly, regardless of how we've gotten there, we've...

sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

I don't really see how "luck" plays into it. Yes, there have been close games but they've made the plays at the end of games to win. It's not like they've won because of a bunch of bad calls or wacky bounces. If anything, the bad luck has kept a lot of these games closer than they should have been.

So the ball bouncing off a defender into Langham hands on a 4th and 10 isn’t considered luck? I hear what you’re say but we still have been lucky

Almost as lucky as returning an onside kick for a touchdown.

Advertisement
Luck...may be one of the reasons Richt is at Miami

Balls bouncing off defenders is a skill if you want to win a game
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XkpDz8YyVD8[/video]

And then, you need just a bit more luck to play for the National Championship
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HqIBNX0CXDc[/video]

Luck...is a skill! Langham CLEARLY touched the ball first and got a “shooter’s bounce”. He meant to do that.
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvOT7UNpoyA[/video]

8-0!

sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

I don't really see how "luck" plays into it. Yes, there have been close games but they've made the plays at the end of games to win. It's not like they've won because of a bunch of bad calls or wacky bounces. If anything, the bad luck has kept a lot of these games closer than they should have been.

So the ball bouncing off a defender into Langham hands on a 4th and 10 isn’t considered luck? I hear what you’re say but we still have been lucky

Okay but it's also incredibly unlucky to dominate a team like GT (almost 2x their total yards) the way we did and be trailing at the end.

Also Langham is a huge receiver who used his enormous hands and length to make a great play. LUCKY would have been if a little dude like Harley made the same catch. Hth

No one is disputing that Langham didn't make a great play but still, if the ball doesn't bounce where he can reach it, he doesn't have a chance.

We were unlucky to get a **** chop block call on our receiver when GA Tech did the Sh** all game and it was ok
:monkey-serious:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Tennessee goes undefeated and wins the national title the year after Manning graduates. The famous stumble and fumble play against Arkansas set them up for the game winner.

Colorado wins a national title in 1990. Who remembers the famous 5th down play against Missouri? Now that's luck or incompetency or both.

Of course, then there is the famous theft in South Bend in 1988.

What are you talking about? The Herndon catch vs Georgia Tech bounced of the defensive backs helmet after being deflected so it was pretty lucky that it bounced just the right way to end up in front of Herndons face so he could catch it. That my friend is lucky

You mean Langham?

Advertisement
Luck matters big time, but that's part of sports. I would say some of our biggest moments are just luck. Every wide FG from FSU is really just luck - it's not like we did anything to make him miss it other than the pressure. We lose on luck (Cleveland Gary in '88) and sometimes we win on luck. As long as you win, who gives a **** how?

May god have mercy on whoever we decide to play up to our potential against. We basically have put in 1/4th a game all year if that in some cases... Could get reaaaal ugly for other teams if we put it all together at the same time

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Tennessee goes undefeated and wins the national title the year after Manning graduates. The famous stumble and fumble play against Arkansas set them up for the game winner.

Colorado wins a national title in 1990. Who remembers the famous 5th down play against Missouri? Now that's luck or incompetency or both.

Are we gonna call Terry Porter's flag "luck," too?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dont forget the flag on Rockets run back too that cost ND that game in the Orange bowl

Advertisement
What are you talking about? The Herndon catch vs Georgia Tech bounced of the defensive backs helmet after being deflected so it was pretty lucky that it bounced just the right way to end up in front of Herndons face so he could catch it. That my friend is lucky

Troll.

I guess it all depends on what you call luck. If you consider a 50/50 ball that our guy manages to tip to himself and come down with luck, even though the play should never have been necessary, then I guess so. But here's the way I look at luck. We've not had a single return for TD. Not a KO, PR, FR, or INT. We haven't, for that matter, had a single defensive or special teams score at all. We haven't had a scoring run over 50 yards, and our only two passing scores of +50 yards came last week against UNC. In 7 games no opposing kicker has missed a FG or XP.

Our team hasn't been winning on luck. They've been grinding. They've had the **** bounce the other way and still had the composure to tough it out and get the W. God help them all if we ever do start getting lucky.

Advertisement
Back