Amateur Hour at Oregon Continues

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
[TWEET]823234760646475776[/TWEET]

Taggart may want to rent out there instead of buying.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I knew I recognized his name. His dad was a QB at UiF. Nonetheless, looks like Taggart already fired him. Helluva start Willie!

JohnReaves3-1.jpg

What's with the ill will toward Taggart?

Nothing personal on my end toward him beyond a long standing dislike of Oregon in general now coupled with Taggart and Luigi thinking they're going to somehow recruit Florida all exacerbated by this comically bad start for the new staff.

I knew I recognized his name. His dad was a QB at UiF. Nonetheless, looks like Taggart already fired him. Helluva start Willie!

View attachment 41776

the same john Reaves that gave up a baby conceived under a haze of cocaine with his college fling. The child of which is now 45 and my inner circle of friends went to college with.

Is Taggart going to get fired before his first game as coach? I have a feeling he might get Mike Priced in the offseason.

Maybe they'll spend this year under an interim coach while trying to get Chip Kelly back for 2018.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I didn't understand his hiring even before these off field incidents began. He wasn't even that good of an AAC coach. The only similar hiring I can think of is Brady Hoke, who had a losing record at Ball State and San Diego State.

Advertisement
What's with the ill will toward Taggart?

Three players hospitalized, documented rhabdomyolysis, indicates bush league training regimen. That's a good start to losing respect in a hurry and then makes the other stuff seem bigger by association.

Add resentment towards Oregon's billion dollar Nike cushion, Ritz Carlson facilities, and empty trophy case, plus their attempts to recruit Florida, and they're easy to hate. Justified or not.

I didn't understand his hiring even before these off field incidents began. He wasn't even that good of an AAC coach. The only similar hiring I can think of is Brady Hoke, who had a losing record at Ball State and San Diego State.

Oregon took the DS route and elected not to pay the premium needed to secure a quality coach. Houston did the same. While it's true that the choices this year were slim pickings, they both should have shaken the tree with more money to get someone better than him. Both are going to regret their hires. They better course correct in 2-3 years or will enter the Coker-Shannon-Golden twilight zone.

Advertisement
Isn't Taggert a west coast guy? I thought he coached under Harbaugh at Stanford.

Advertisement
Back