Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The Miami interest and us being the favorite to land him was first reported by the UGA side. That said, he never made it down to Miami so who knows if that was ever true.

FSU got him on campus, rolled out the red carpet and even had their insiders saying that he committed to them. That's a hilariously bad look.
There is a poster on this site who claimed that even before the portal, Mims was looking to come to Miami. It wasn’t UGA people. Our people too.

You are omitting one big piece of the puzzle here and that is some of our plugged in posters confirming that we in fact were involved here to the degree the UGA 247 writer insisted.

He also talked to multiple players and coaches, and he did, in fact, have a visit to Miami scheduled.

Now, if Rusty Mansell also arranged for all of THAT, then we can crown him as the Troll King.

Until that time, though, I'd say there was both smoke and fire, regardless of whether the kid ultimately changed his mind.

Advertisement
It’s clear that on both FSU and Miami sides that nobody had a close source to the kid.

So you think in a town of 5,000 and with family members afraid to fly, there were all kinds of sources close to the kid?

Can people stop blaming "insiders" and just admit the obvious, that the kid had second thoughts on the whole process and changed his mind? And I have no problems with him changing his mind if UGa price-matched the F$U NIL deal and promised him more playing time. He did, after all, pick UGa originally, he has a ring, and he wants to win games AND go to the NFL.

Advertisement
Now that we know how this ended it wouldn’t surprise me that Mario smelled this coming from a mile away. We went from the favorites to not even having a visit and no one really had a clue but the UGA guy who even said when he first entered that he might come back. They just didn‘t like where they stood when it came to that at the moment.

Btw im not taking any L here. He never visited us. All the noise came from message boards. Norvell and them man had dude as a lock on their campus
1. First off it’s not an L because he stayed at the original place. I always said it wasn't only about money with him and his family. Situation mattered. I seriously doubt Uga beat our offer or FSU’s. Uga isn’t paying 3-400 k for a backup to return that’ll only have a couple years left. On top of what they already gave him to sign their originally.

2. If you think that noise was only message board talk then I don’t know what to tell you , I don’t post rumors or hearsay.

3. Every one likes to over dramatize this stuff and say it has to be “ trolling , bag hunting / bidding war. The kid entered the portal because he wanted to start and set himself up for the nfl. Maybe everything overwhelmed him , especially with all the hoopla , fake news / lies , media coverage and then his friend dying. Imo his family was over this and just wanted to get back to normal. I’m sure he got taken care of for staying but like I said he could‘ve gotten alot more by leaving and being a starter elsewhere. I’d be willing to bet this is what momma always wanted. To just stay.

It sucks it didn’t work out but with what we’ll be adding in the portal going forward y’all will forget all about this. FSU on the other hand is f’d, they were f’d regardless of what Mims did.

Cribby never confirmed that we had an NIL deal in place. He only said that a visit was scheduled and Mims was expected to arrive by our coaches.

People need to stop exaggerating.
I never said we had an NIL in place. I said Cribby insinuated that he entered the portal with us in mind.

What has he done to warrant that question?
Nothing smh. He went on a visit , was going on another ( Miami) , likely more and a friend was killed. That tends to mess with peoples heads . No matter their age. He ended up staying at a place where he’ll be a backup. Not everything has to be a plotting , or a conspiracy theory.

Advertisement
I don’t think anyone said it was a done deal but more so we were the reason he entered the portal. I remember that being said on here multiple times. Believe Leeds just said that in one of her posts.

He entered the Portal for more playing time and NIL opportunities. Miami back-channeled to him. It is hard for anyone to say definitively that "Miami was the reason" when we don't know if he back-channeled to other schools as well.

Of course, that won't stop people from trying to blame insiders, but the UM insiders have been the only ones who have consistently been correct. Who never ran an article saying that Mims was transferring to F$U. Who simply said, "a visit is planned, coaches expect him to arrive".

1. First off it’s not an L because he stayed at the original place. I always said it wasn't only about money with him and his family. Situation mattered. I seriously doubt Uga beat our offer or FSU’s. Uga isn’t paying 3-400 k for a backup to return that’ll only have a couple years left. On top of what they already gave him to sign their originally.

2. If you think that noise was only message board talk then I don’t know what to tell you , I don’t post rumors or hearsay.

3. Every one likes to over dramatize this stuff and say it has to be “ trolling , bag hunting / bidding war. The kid entered the portal because he wanted to start and set himself up for the nfl. Maybe everything overwhelmed him , especially with all the hoopla , fake news / lies , media coverage and then his friend dying. Imo his family was over this and just wanted to get back to normal. I’m sure he got taken care of for staying but like I said he could‘ve gotten alot more by leaving and being a starter elsewhere. I’d be willing to bet this is what momma always wanted. To just stay.

It sucks it didn’t work out but with what we’ll be adding in the portal going forward y’all will forget all about this. FSU on the other hand is f’d, they were f’d regardless of what Mims did.
Didn't say it wasn't legit. I meant he didnt visit. Them man had him on their campus and counted it a lock. I never thought of it wa make or break. If we want OL help, we are not just gonna be after 1 Tackle, im certain.

I never said we had an NIL in place. I said Cribby insinuated that he entered the portal with us in mind.

"Insinuated" is such a strong word. Nobody can definitively say "we are the reason" when the kid was back-channeling with multiple schools. And, hey, maybe Mims led Miami to believe that we were the reason, that we were the leader.

That doesn't make the insider information wrong. It just means the kid overstated some things.

Not sure why people are rushing to blame "insiders".

Advertisement
I am really not understanding the purpose behind what they are saying. They told him to go in the portal to put Miami's name out there? They heard he was going into the portal and thought to toss our name in there to slow momentum or something? It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you take a step back and think about it.

Pepe Silvia...

This is not an article, just a MB post, so it's fair game copyright wise:

Before he made his FSU visit people at his high school were calling it a FSU lock

Then he shows up in Tallahassee and signs an NIL deal.

that is why I never believed he was coming here, even though the NIL part of the equation would have certainly been as good or better than anywhere else. That is why I posted about it and tweeeted about it while some idiots on twitter tried to take shots that we were posting about something going on at FSU Lmao.

I mean like everybody didn’t want to know what was going on. Everything won’t always be good news.

anyway he went back to Athens and Georgia presented him with a scenario to stay. Yesterday he began telling people that he was going to be coming back to Georgia, which we heard about early last evening and posted about last night. This morning there is clarity that he is stayingat Georgia.

It ended up being a bunch of noise about nothing

btw, The initial story about his Miami interest was planted by Georgia. I think they knew there was no chance he was going to end up at Miami and they were trolling.
Gary obviously doesn’t talk to coaches or players at Miami. I’ve had enough stories written by that lunatic pm’d to me the last six months to know he’s a straight up fiction writer. His writing on Manny , the AD and MarioGate was straight up fan fiction lies. And I called his bs out all the way through the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back