Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he really wanna stay close to home and we never factored that. Since our people who seem to be in the loop are not getn any info, i would say the FSU smoke is legit. Whether he ends up there or not is a different matter. If he just want money. FSU is not in it. If his mommy want him close, its them. And if he knows he going there, he should cancel his visit. If he wanna leave a national championship team to go to a team that finish below 500 4 str8 season, he needs to give his head a wobble.

Advertisement
Man, obviously I’m bias, but why in the world would a talented player go to FSU right now? That’s a 5 win team at best right now. Their head coach is either getting fired this year or will be a lame duck going into the following year. There is a clear lack of talent on that roster right now.

If not Miami, why not Clemson, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, North Carolina, Baylor, or GA tech if he wants to be close to home. There are at least 15 better options than FSU right now.

I get the connection to the coach there, but…that program is a dumpster fire. It’s a strange thing how kids pick schools.

How are people STILL making posts like this when we're like 15+ years into discussing recruiting on a literal minute-by-minute basis, 365 days a year? This post should be from 2004.

From what i know he's told several of our players even as early as this am that he plans on coming here. I know when he entered the portal it was with the intention of coming here OR fspoo. What I also know is Texas offered him a chunk. I don't think this is all about nil like people keep saying. If it was than it would either be us or Texas with no semenhole talk.
When you say come here, u mean enroll at Miami or visit?

Advertisement
Never a factor but stills plans to visit Miami according to Newberg. I wonder how they make those two opposed things work in their brains. I almost hope Mims commits to Miami just so we become their boogeyman. “Can’t let Miami get the last visit or it’s over” type ****
Problem is ur applying logic to a group of people who's pastimes include heavy drug consumption & incest...

Advertisement
Of all the back and forth comments I've seen, the ones where this kid comes in and unseats Zion has made me lol the most.

Evan Neal, a consensus Top 5 pick played guard as a freshmnan, then RT in 2020 before sliding into the LT spot last season.

Nelson isn't going anywhere.

What does the car look like?
1649955036041.png

Advertisement
Man, obviously I’m bias, but why in the world would a talented player go to FSU right now? That’s a 5 win team at best right now. Their head coach is either getting fired this year or will be a lame duck going into the following year. There is a clear lack of talent on that roster right now.

If not Miami, why not Clemson, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, North Carolina, Baylor, or GA tech if he wants to be close to home. There are at least 15 better options than FSU right now.

I get the connection to the coach there, but…that program is a dumpster fire. It’s a strange thing how kids pick schools.
I mean they did beat us lol

Nah I would tell Mims as long as you buy in and practice as hard as we push you, you’re starting at LT.
I disagree. Someone else stated that is how cancers in the locker room start. Also how you lose kids if they feel threatened that someone can come in and claim their spot without earning it. You put time into investing in the kids that you want for the future. Why have them questioning your process? If it is a function of competition, fine. But not promising playing time. Isn’t that how we got into this recruiting mess in the first place with Radio?

I am switching travel programs for my kid right now and at the tryouts, the coach was loving my kid. He told me that he can’t wait to get started in working with him (guy was an all American at the same position). I asked about playing time at his position as he starts and plays a ton at his current program and the coach’s response was that while we are light at that position, I do not talk playing time with the parents. The coach committed to coaching my son and working with him to take him to the highest level that he can get him to, but it is up to the kid to “earn” his playing time.

Easiest decision I ever made. Glad to hear a coach lay it out like this. We are confident that he will be dominant at the new one just like his old team, but with better positional coaching.

Advertisement
True. Who has the greater job security at this point? Mario or Norvell.

Norvell needs to take a major step up this year - another 5 win season will at the very least make his seat warm. A player going to FSU has no guarantee that Norvell will be coaching there in 2023 or 2024. Mario on the other hand is virtually guaranteed to be your coach at Miami.
I agree. If this kid and his family are smart, they should know that Norvell is on the hottest of coaching seats in CFB, which means that there is a high probability that Atkins will not be there next season.

Mario, on the other hand, will be here for years to come (God willing). He’s not going anywhere, and neither is Mirabal.

Why would anyone in their right mind want for their son to go play for a program that is a giant dumpster fire wrought with coaching uncertainty, lack of funds and lack of roster talent/player development? It would almost be insanity to choose the clown school with the circus tent. But nowadays, nothing really surprises me anymore.

Also, the “momma wants him close to home” angle is overplayed and only seems to help out kids from other cities/states, since I can remember a few local kids that broke their South Florida momma’s hearts by choosing to play for the enemy.

Well we can spin this as good or bad that FSU is doing but the fact remains, our portal game have been average to weak at best. Let’s see how this unfold but is certainly not looking good.
You don't know how the portal has been until the players played a down. When Rambo came, was he average, or a home run? How about after the season was over?
And other players have done worse that probably got more glowing reviews.

This constant need for instant gratification is very annoying.

All Mario really has to do is get Penei Sewell on FaceTime with Mims and that ***** on anything FSU/Atkins has done since Norvell took over.
If he chooses FSU it's clear that the best developmental situation is not his (or his family's?) primary factor in consideration, so not sure that would make much of a difference. To choose FSU means his relationship with Atkins and/or his family desire to keep him closer would likely be strong factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back