Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that he committed to the Holes, but now they’re trying to walk it back because the Warchant post yesterday was bragging about how FSU had gotten him to sign a huge NIL deal, which is a big rules violation, since colleges/universities in Florida cannot directly be involved in any NIL deals.

The Warchant mod is a newb and apparently in his desperation to break the story, he failed to understand that he was also in violation of state and NCAA rules.

It’ll be interesting to see how this develops going forward.

If he wants to play for a coach that’s a dead man walking, then that’ll show us that he probably isn’t the best at making business decisions. Mario/Mirabal over Norvell/Atkins (plus a great NIL deal, and a way better roster and coaching staff) should be a no brainer, but these jabronies are on life support, so they will do whatever they have to do to land Mims.

I hope that I’m wrong on this, but we shall see in the next 48-72 hours.
Mims would be ruining his future by going to FSU in my opinion. Alex Atkins has developed no one in his career as an OL coach. Mario has proven success of turning OL Prospects into NFL players. He just did it with Pennei Sewell who went Top 10 and is going to have a Pro Bowl career were he makes 20M+ per year in his next contract. On top of that he's developed Cyrus Kouandjio, Ryan Kelly, Bradley Bozeman, Cam Robinson, Tyrell Crosby, Shane Lemieux and Jake Hansen

Last edited:
Advertisement
From what i know he's told several of our players even as early as this am that he plans on coming here. I know when he entered the portal it was with the intention of coming here OR fspoo. What I also know is Texas offered him a chunk. I don't think this is all about nil like people keep saying. If it was than it would either be us or Texas with no semenhole talk.

From what i know he's told several of our players even as early as this am that he plans on coming here. I know when he entered the portal it was with the intention of coming here OR fspoo. What I also know is Texas offered him a chunk. I don't think this is all about nil like people keep saying. If it was than it would either be us or Texas with no semenhole talk.
We back?

Appreciate you, man!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not really looking for response but I could see Mario telling Mims he has to earn starting spot. Even though he would easily be our best OL.

Advertisement
They really do lol. Newberg has even gone as far as to saying he heard from a few people that we were never a factor.
Never a factor but stills plans to visit Miami according to Newberg. I wonder how they make those two opposed things work in their brains. I almost hope Mims commits to Miami just so we become their boogeyman. “Can’t let Miami get the last visit or it’s over” type ****

Advertisement
Thanks @Brooklyndee. I assume that you mean as a transfer and not just as a visit when you expressed the “coming here” part that you heard from players. Would you confirm? Thanks.

Man, obviously I’m bias, but why in the world would a talented player go to FSU right now? That’s a 5 win team at best right now. Their head coach is either getting fired this year or will be a lame duck going into the following year. There is a clear lack of talent on that roster right now.

If not Miami, why not Clemson, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, North Carolina, Baylor, or GA tech if he wants to be close to home. There are at least 15 better options than FSU right now.

I get the connection to the coach there, but…that program is a dumpster fire. It’s a strange thing how kids pick schools.

I think that he committed to the Holes, but now they’re trying to walk it back because the Warchant post yesterday was bragging about how FSU had gotten him to sign a huge NIL deal, which is a big rules violation, since colleges/universities in Florida cannot directly be involved in any NIL deals.

The Warchant mod is a newb and apparently in his desperation to break the story, he failed to understand that he was also in violation of state and NCAA rules.

It’ll be interesting to see how this develops going forward.

If he wants to play for a coach that’s a dead man walking, then that’ll show us that he probably isn’t the best at making business decisions. Mario/Mirabal over Norvell/Atkins (plus a great NIL deal, and a way better roster and coaching staff) should be a no brainer, but these jabronies are on life support, so they will do whatever they have to do to land Mims.

I hope that I’m wrong on this, but we shall see in the next 48-72 hours.
True. Who has the greater job security at this point? Mario or Norvell.

Norvell needs to take a major step up this year - another 5 win season will at the very least make his seat warm. A player going to FSU has no guarantee that Norvell will be coaching there in 2023 or 2024. Mario on the other hand is virtually guaranteed to be your coach at Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back