Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all been waiting on you to give up the goods. lol . So let us have it. We fckin or not.
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Last player that our fans really trolled them on was Kevin Coleman. Hopefully it will be a different result this time.
Coleman wasn't a surprise to me at all. He was buddies with Hunter and wanted to play together. He was heading to FSU until Hunter went to JSU. My guess is both hatched a plan to troll FSU and UM. Notice Coleman to UM didn't heat up until after Hunter went JSU. Mims smells different. Fingers crossed.

Hahahaha! Not to mention increasing the top and bottom margin sizes by a quarter inch here and a half inch there.

Hey, when civilized society decided to embrace double spacing then Pandora's Box was opened and all bets were off in my book.
Lot of double spaced paragraphs also help!

Hahahaha! Not to mention increasing the top and bottom margin sizes by a quarter inch here and a half inch there.

Hey, when civilized society decided to embrace double spacing then Pandora's Box was opened and all bets were off in my book.
With proper margins, A4 is superior to 8.5x11. If you disagree, we will fight.

Advertisement
It doesn't matter. More importantly for him, he was a project coming out of HS. If he's smart, he should want to go somewhere that he'll be coached the best, which should put Miami in the driver's seat. Jermaine Johnson already had a few years of elite coaching under his belt, he was just stuck behind kids who were even better than he was, so he decided to leave. Mims is stuck behind kids who are better than he is in a similar fashion, but he's nowhere near the "plug and play" prospect that Johnson was. He needs to be coached.

That being said, were he to continue to develop, and reach his potential (big "if" under Atkins), he could and would absolutely stand out at FSU regardless of the guard next to him and Jordan Travis, etc. Does it help to play surrounded by a bunch of All-America's? Sure. But it really doesn't matter if you're truly a first-round talent.

And running out of time? He's 1 year out of HS. He can't even go to the NFL until the 2024 draft, at the earliest. He's got 2 years to put whatever he's going to put on tape. Jermaine Johnson was running out of time, I'm pretty sure last season at FSU was his 5th out of HS.

Lastly, the "****** OL" argument is a year or two expired. FSU certainly doesn't have a great OL, but those years of being the worst in the country are in the past. They actually had #'s 1 and 2 in YPC last year in the ACC (believe it or not, I was shocked when I noticed it at the end of the season), and their offense actually averaged more yards per play than ours did. Travis is a ****** thrower and their receivers are overall trash, but they ran the ball pretty successfully last year and the OL was much more competent than it's been in years past. There are several reasons why Miami would be a better choice than FSU for Mims, but the "not standing out" or players around him argument isn't really one of those.

I'm not going to address everything, I'll just hit 2 points.

For the "running out of time" comment, I'm not saying that is my own personal opinion. A lot of these kids think they will be 3-and-done, so I was simply making a comment about what he might perceive to be his "ticking biological clock" on a 5-star who expects to not need 5 years in college to develop.

As for the "****ty OL" argument, it is absolutely NOT "a year or two expired". I realize that your F$U buddies are filling your head with sugar-plum dreams of F$U being byke, but even their own writers acknowledge just how ****ty their OL actually is. It's not MY opinion, it's the opinion of the guys who are paid to write about F$U football:

1649882000353.png

It doesn't matter. More importantly for him, he was a project coming out of HS. If he's smart, he should want to go somewhere that he'll be coached the best, which should put Miami in the driver's seat. Jermaine Johnson already had a few years of elite coaching under his belt, he was just stuck behind kids who were even better than he was, so he decided to leave. Mims is stuck behind kids who are better than he is in a similar fashion, but he's nowhere near the "plug and play" prospect that Johnson was. He needs to be coached.

That being said, were he to continue to develop, and reach his potential (big "if" under Atkins), he could and would absolutely stand out at FSU regardless of the guard next to him and Jordan Travis, etc. Does it help to play surrounded by a bunch of All-America's? Sure. But it really doesn't matter if you're truly a first-round talent.

And running out of time? He's 1 year out of HS. He can't even go to the NFL until the 2024 draft, at the earliest. He's got 2 years to put whatever he's going to put on tape. Jermaine Johnson was running out of time, I'm pretty sure last season at FSU was his 5th out of HS.

Lastly, the "****** OL" argument is a year or two expired. FSU certainly doesn't have a great OL, but those years of being the worst in the country are in the past. They actually had #'s 1 and 2 in YPC last year in the ACC (believe it or not, I was shocked when I noticed it at the end of the season), and their offense actually averaged more yards per play than ours did. Travis is a ****** thrower and their receivers are overall trash, but they ran the ball pretty successfully last year and the OL was much more competent than it's been in years past. There are several reasons why Miami would be a better choice than FSU for Mims, but the "not standing out" or players around him argument isn't really one of those.

Fsu online as a group was decent but individually not one of them made All ACC 1st 2nd or 3rd team

Coleman wasn't a surprise to me at all. He was buddies with Hunter and wanted to play together. He was heading to FSU until Hunter went to JSU. My guess is both hatched a plan to troll FSU and UM. Notice Coleman to UM didn't heat up until after Hunter went JSU. Mims smells different. Fingers crossed.
Agreed, and also IMO I think that both O and D linemen—the ones that are serious about the NFL—need to prove their strength and ability against other top notch lines. You have to prove you can play against the big boys. Can't do that at JSU. CBs and WRs don't have to prove physicality quite as much at the college level. I also would not be shocked to see both of those dudes transfer in time.

Advertisement
Fsu online as a group was decent but individually not one of them made All ACC 1st 2nd or 3rd team

Agreed. Just saying it’s silly to think Mims pro prospects would be hurt by the other guys on that line. If he’s a first-round talent, that will show on tape and at the combine. Lot of reasons to not go to fsu. The linemen they already have is not one.

Agreed. Just saying it’s silly to think Mims pro prospects would be hurt by the other guys on that line. If he’s a first-round talent, that will show on tape and at the combine. Lot of reasons to not go to fsu. The linemen they already have is not one.

Keep digging those heels and doubling down...
1649883798392.png

Advertisement
FSU’s OL was 10000% better as a whole than it has been since the end of Jimbo era/Taggart era. It’s not even close. If you watched them for even 2 quarters then you could see that. They were still below average at pass blocking for the most part, but their run blocking and overall rushing approach was one of if not the best in the conference. That alone shows that they are vastly improved to what they were 2-5 years ago when that unit was a national joke. They were at the bottom of the barrel in both the run AND the pass game back then.

Keep digging those heels and doubling down...
View attachment 181861

Was this article written by the same guys you clown every day on this site?

So when they give recruiting information, and it differs from your opinion, they're clueless bozos who couldn't think their way out of a wet paper bag.

But when they write pre-spring articles that align with your thoughts, they're distinguished paid journalists vying for Pulitzer prizes.

Dude, you're a weirdo. I very rarely, if ever, respond to anything you post here. It's for a reason. I have zero desire to engage with you for any reason on any topic. I would be honored if you would skip every sentence I write on this board. Even better, laugh at how moronic I am, and move along. Just anything to where I don't get trapped into having to converse with you.

Was this article written by the same guys you clown every day on this site?

So when they give recruiting information, and it differs from your opinion, they're clueless bozos who couldn't think their way out of a wet paper bag.

But when they write pre-spring articles that align with your thoughts, they're distinguished paid journalists vying for Pulitzer prizes.

Dude, you're a weirdo. I very rarely, if ever, respond to anything you post here. It's for a reason. I have zero desire to engage with you for any reason on any topic. I would be honored if you would skip every sentence I write on this board. Even better, laugh at how moronic I am, and move along. Just anything to where I don't get trapped into having to converse with you.

@PIPO WHERE THE F U AT??

Advertisement
FSU’s OL was 10000% better as a whole than it has been since the end of Jimbo era/Taggart era. It’s not even close. If you watched them for even 2 quarters then you could see that. They were still below average at pass blocking for the most part, but their run blocking and overall rushing approach was one of if not the best in the conference. That alone shows that they are vastly improved to what they were 2-5 years ago when that unit was a national joke.

No doubt about it. I watch every snap they play. They're still not good, but it's miles better than that abomination they trotted out there for 2-3 years during the era you mentioned. They were the literal worst line in the country, not just P5. That's no longer the case.

Regardless, I had no intention of grading the FSU OL in this thread. I'm just merely saying that Mims, or any other kid, isn't going to have his draft stock and pro prospects stunted simply by the talent they have around the tackle position. Development, coaching, S&C....all that stuff, maybe. But people can't say the kid shouldn't go to FSU because he won't stand out at one of the very few positions where you can truly stand out, no matter who you have around him. That's just flat out incorrect.

I'm not going to address everything, I'll just hit 2 points.

For the "running out of time" comment, I'm not saying that is my own personal opinion. A lot of these kids think they will be 3-and-done, so I was simply making a comment about what he might perceive to be his "ticking biological clock" on a 5-star who expects to not need 5 years in college to develop.

As for the "****ty OL" argument, it is absolutely NOT "a year or two expired". I realize that your F$U buddies are filling your head with sugar-plum dreams of F$U being byke, but even their own writers acknowledge just how ****ty their OL actually is. It's not MY opinion, it's the opinion of the guys who are paid to write about F$U football:

View attachment 181860

Too broke to afford contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back