Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
I know what he told a Miami player and I know the deal. If something changed since Sunday it was an enormous change. He entered the portal to come here. This didnt just come out of nowhere.
30CC965E-4C35-417D-97A0-399049051A0A.gif

Advertisement
The heart wants what the heart wants, Mims may want to be closer to home, small town culture etc. With that said if he is humble enough he will realize that better coaching will give him the greatest possibility of an nfl career and that’s Miami.
I also think that playing exposure on a National stage will also benefit him. That should go to the team that has the better record to get more prime time matchups (I get that we are battling them for various ESPN vs ESPN 2 weekly matchups). He no doubt gets more national attention here with Mario as our coach then in Trailerhassee.

As stated before, unless the stated guarantee of playing time, the marginal driving distance from home or the small town atmosphere are the tipping points, he should pick us over FSU.

The NIL money will be matched... His decision should be on who is going to get him to the next level where the BIG money is at... => Miami.
The FSU visit and being first at the block bodes well for us if he is going to wait to commit. I feel like we are usually in that position. Kids used to visit us first to raise the stakes elsewhere. That would make sense in the NIL era.

Advertisement
What Cribby said is my thoughts from the beginning. If Texas, cuz he aint going to A&M, comes in and says 2 mill. He going there, i would. FSU not gonna out bid us, and their program is a a garbage heap.

Let me explain something to yall, and i will put this into soccer cuz ima big Liverpool fan. When a big giant falls off, their fans are ripe for fake news from people looking to troll or grift. They run fake transfer news and inside sources. It happened to us for years here at Miami, Gruden and the like.

It happened to Liverpool for years being link to great players while the current team was on the scrap heap. Great players do not go to dump, they go to something thats a good situation.

Manchester United going through the same thing now btw.

That's where FSU is. Fake insiders selling them false hope cuz it gets them clicks and whatever they selling. Some of them are selling social media channels or patreon subscription. If Mims doesnt end up here. Its Because USC or Texas drop a huge bag. Not FSU. Thats my opinion.

Advertisement
The mystery team concern is why you hire Mario. Hopefully he’s built a good enough foundation it doesn’t matter who comes calling.

UM payed 8+ million per year for Cristobal to land these types of players and we now have a billionaire bankrolling NIL deals. I think UM can match any deal offered by any school.

I also assume Mims wants to get drafted. Texas has had a grand total of 2 OL drafted since 2009. Ohio St. has put a lot of OL into the NFL so I can see them being a concern, but they are already projected to have one of the best OLs in the country in 2022. Doesn't make a lot of sense for Mims to transfer to a school even further away from home (yes, Columbus Ohio is further away from his hometown away than Miami by about 2 hrs) to be a backup OL. Might as well stay in Georgia if that's the case. As for FSU - I'd say odds are decent that Norvell gets canned after another 6 or 7 win season. Top players tend to dislike that kind of uncertainty.

bro... FSU fans were talking about $500 donations to their NIL group picked up the last couple days... "they talking hundreds out here"!!!!! also, the current FSU roster would flip the F out if they all of sudden threw big money at a transfer, when most of them don't have any NIL deals...

Naw.. I'm more worried about the Texas Oline NIL Group.... and USC money/hype machine.... Hopefully he considers the OL class UT just brought in..

Sounds like Miami has the headstart and a great NIL and starting opportunity.

However now that he's in the portal it might mean another school with a better NIL and an equally good starting opportunity might come along and he'll have to consider his options.

UM payed 8+ million per year for Cristobal to land these types of players (which he has) and we have a billionaire bankrolling NIL deals. I think UM can match any deal offered by any school.

I also assume Mims wants to get drafted. Texas has had a grand total of 2 OL drafted since 2009. Ohio St. has put a lot of OL into the NFL so I can see them being a concern, but they are already projected to have one of the best OLs in the country in 2022. Doesn't make a lot of sense for Mims to transfer to a school even further away from home (yes, Columbus Ohio is further away from his hometown away than Miami by about 2 hrs) to be a backup OL. Might as well stay in Georgia if that's the case. As for FSU - I'd say odds are decent that Norvell gets canned after another 6 or 7 win season. Top players tend to dislike that kind of uncertainty.
Football wise Miami makes the most sense for his longevity. Immediate playing time and a coach who has a proven track record of getting lineman drafted early. Miami may not win more than the other teams but he’ll be in the best position to get to league here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back