Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s lay out the whole picture (to My understanding); without the Cane Kool-Aid or the “terrifying” Nole propaganda being spewed both on this board and amongst their illiterate fanbase.

- Miami has been working Mims for quite a while even before he hit the portal; his relationship with both Mirabal and Mario are extremely important, coupled with the undeniable fact that the tandem are the best in the country at developing offensive linemen and putting them in the league.

- Also true: Mims has a solid relationship with Atkins, and this would be foolish to ignore; however, saying that this relationship exists without acknowledging the previous bullet point would be asinine.

- Fact: Two separate, respected beat writers for USC and Michigan St have indicated that we are the front-runners and expected landing spot.

- Mims would immediately start at both Miami and FSU - he knows this and Mario would be foolish to tell him otherwise. He’s not about to lose one of the most highly coveted portal entries to his rival just because he won’t “hand him” the job - maybe he’ll say you have to win it, but if we’re being completely transparent here - he’s going to win it, and everyone knows this if Mims lands in Miami.

- NIL deals; I don’t really have to get super into detail here, but I think we’re all generally aware of which program (between the two) isn’t devoid of vital funds, especially in this day and age of recruiting.

- FSU is closer to home, and that’s something we can’t fix - unless you want to upend the campus lol. There are plenty of ways to mitigate that issue, however, and when discussing this with family…Mario is the perfect guy for this. I mean just look at the west coast recruits he’s convinced to come on down here already.

- He has a former staffer down in Miami

Long story short - I think we got this. If FSU’s two focal points are immediate playing time and proximity to home, the first one is moot; as for the second one…that would be the only reason (IMO) he goes there, and even then (as I alluded to earlier), Mario isn’t a rookie when it comes to this.

Buckle up and enjoy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fsu is putting a NIL deal together. Maybe its a coincidence but all my street’s parking meters have been stolen today. I wonder if its related. Insert the Donne Brasco parking meter scene. “Every florida state booster is chasing the same nickel.A lot of parking meters down in Florida. “

Last edited:
Rising Spear right now...

Money Cash GIF by Sleeping Giant Media

Latest from Newberg, fwiw

Tuesday 10:45am Update
No major developments since my last update, but I have picked up on a few things:
-- Texas and Ohio State have been active and in contact with Amarius Mims in the last 24 hours. We'll see how invovled they get in the recruitment. Originally a source close to Mims told me distance was a factor....but so could NIL. I wouldn't rule out more teams trying to get invovled. I'll update if/when I hear more and if there's any traction with any new teams entering the mix.
-- Brendan Sonnone reported yesterday that Rising Spear has been preparing, and putting together, an NIL package that is ready to be presented to Mims and his camp. I'm not exactly sure when that will happen, but it could be as soon as today.
-- I do expect Mims to visit Florida State before making his decision. The key here will be to find out who else he's visiting. So far no other team sites are reporting a visit, but I woudn't rule that out and it'll be something I'm working to confirm. We'll also update this thread if/when Mims arrives on campus in Tallahassee.
-- As far as a decision date, sources tell me 'sooner than later'. I don't want to put an exact timeline on it, but I don't think we'll be entering the month of May still covering this recruitment. It should be wrapped up by then.
If/when Mims arrives on campus” tells you all you need to know re FSU media and fans posturing here

Im not gonna be concerned about the denizens of Tallahassee mortgaging their paychecks into the Floppy Spear foundation until I actually need to be.

Advertisement
Let’s lay out the whole picture (to My understanding); without the Cane Kool-Aid or the “terrifying” Nole propaganda being spewed both on this board and amongst their illiterate fanbase.

- Miami has been working Mims for quite a while even before he hit the portal; his relationship with both Mirabal and Mario are extremely important, coupled with the undeniable fact that the tandem are the best in the country at developing offensive linemen and putting them in the league.

- Also true: Mims has a solid relationship with Atkins, and this would be foolish to ignore; however, saying that this relationship exists without acknowledging the previous bullet point would be asinine.

- Fact: Two separate, respected beat writers for USC and Michigan St have indicated that we are the front-runners and expected landing spot.

- Mims would immediately start at both Miami and FSU - he knows this and Mario would be foolish to tell him otherwise. He’s not about to lose one of the most highly coveted portal entries to his rival just because he won’t “hand him” the job - maybe he’ll say you have to win it, but if we’re being completely transparent here - he’s going to win it, and everyone knows this if Mims lands in Miami.

- NIL deals; I don’t really have to get super into detail here, but I think we’re all generally aware of which program (between the two) isn’t devoid of vital funds, especially in this day and age of recruiting.

- FSU is closer to home, and that’s something we can’t fix - unless you want to upend the campus lol. There are plenty of ways to mitigate that issue, however, and when discussing this with family…Mario is the perfect guy for this. I mean just look at the west coast recruits he’s convinced to come on down here already.

Long story short - I think we got this. If FSU’s two focal points are immediate playing time and proximity to home, the first one is mute; as for the second one…that would be the only reason (IMO) he goes there, and even then (as I alluded to earlier), Mario isn’t a rookie when it comes to this.

Buckle up and enjoy.
I agree with your summary except neither football program is directly involved with NIL deals. We have Ruiz / LifeWallet (among others) and F$U has pizza or something.

Never underestimate a program desperate to regain relevancy. F$U will be competitive when it comes to cobbling up a few bucks for a talent like Mims. Not sure we have the NIL advantage in this particular recruitment (they will put all of their eggs in one basket for a highly coveted RT).

It will come down to relationships and which program can develop him for the next level. The answer should of course be clear…Miami.

Last edited:
Has there been a visit set for Mims to see Miami or not? Feel like I’ve seen a yes and a no in this thread.

Advertisement

Long story short - I think we got this. If FSU’s two focal points are immediate playing time and proximity to home, the first one is mute; as for the second one…that would be the only reason (IMO) he goes there, and even then (as I alluded to earlier), Mario isn’t a rookie when it comes to this.

Buckle up and enjoy.
Your very first point might be the most important.

If Miami has been working back channels and FSU was in the dark until he actually entered the portal, its not a good sign for FSU. Seems kinda hard to believe that it was kept quite, unless he has a destination in mind. Which sure sounds like the plan. As you pointed out, the other writers seem to think that's the case.

I agree with your summary except neither football program is directly involved with NIL deals. We have Ruiz / LifeWallet (among others) and F$U has pizza or something.

Never underestimate a program desperate to regain relevancy. F$U will be competitive when it comes to cobbling up a few bucks for a talent like Mims. Not sure we have the NIL advantage in this particular recruitment (they will put all of their eggs in one basket for a highly coveted RT).

It will come down to relationships and which program can develop him for the next level. The answer should course clear…Miami.
The NIL money will be matched... His decision should be on who is going to get him to the next level where the BIG money is at... => Miami.

Advertisement

No major developments since my last update, but I have picked up on a few things:
-- Texas and Ohio State have been active and in contact with Amarius Mims in the last 24 hours. We'll see how invovled they get in the recruitment. Originally a source close to Mims told me distance was a factor....but so could NIL. I wouldn't rule out more teams trying to get invovled. I'll update if/when I hear more and if there's any traction with any new teams entering the mix.
-- Brendan Sonnone reported yesterday that Rising Spear has been preparing, and putting together, an NIL package that is ready to be presented to Mims and his camp. I'm not exactly sure when that will happen, but it could be as soon as today.
-- I do expect Mims to visit Florida State before making his decision. The key here will be to find out who else he's visiting. So far no other team sites are reporting a visit, but I woudn't rule that out and it'll be something I'm working to confirm. We'll also update this thread if/when Mims arrives on campus in Tallahassee.
-- As far as a decision date, sources tell me 'sooner than later'. I don't want to put an exact timeline on it, but I don't think we'll be entering the month of May still covering this recruitment. It should be wrapped up by then.
It’s a little weird he doesn’t even mention Miami in that write up.

Advertisement

lmao, imagine if Gaby put out this update

Your very first point might be the most important.

If Miami has been working back channels and FSU was in the dark until he actually entered the portal, its not a good sign for FSU. Seems kinda hard to believe that it was kept quite, unless he has a destination in mind. Which sure sounds like the plan. As you pointed out, the other writers seem to think that's the case.
UGA's 247 staff initially mentioned that Miami has been working him for some time and potentially lead for Mims, and I know that this also popped up on a few other team sites as well. Newberg is desperately trying to manufacture hope amongst a fanbase that has very little at this point.

And even IF they're able to drum up a competitive NIL offer, how is that going to sit with the other 85+ guys on the roster that aren't making squat? Quite the conundrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back