Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he visits here I’d be shocked if he leaves with being a Hurricane. I’m pretty sure the Oregon is the only transfer who’s visited that didn’t come here.

Advertisement
Yall man really hate Gaby huh? Why, what has he done? What i took from what he wrote was yes, Adkins has a good relationship with Mims, but so does Cristobal and Mirabal. So its not like he is gonna be talking to strangers. But to each their own. I like all the updates from whomever they come. Its on you to use your comprehension to analyze what you are reading or hearing. Simple
He reiterated everything that was already known in the form of update. Hard to hate him he just constantly shows his inexperience.

Yall man really hate Gaby huh? Why, what has he done? What i took from what he wrote was yes, Adkins has a good relationship with Mims, but so does Cristobal and Mirabal. So its not like he is gonna be talking to strangers. But to each their own. I like all the updates from whomever they come. Its on you to use your comprehension to analyze what you are reading or hearing. Simple

Nobody hates Gaby.

Gaby brings this on himself. It's not just his reporting verbiage, it's the fact that he digs his heels and fights with people when anyone questions him or tries to call him out for things that are inaccurate or misleading.

Newberg in his space really hyping FSU chances to get Mimms. need a report from our side on this.
This is Newberg's pic on 247. Just to be clear, I'm not pretending this is his profile pic to make fun of him, HE posted this himself.
11017558.jpeg

Advertisement
Such a lie.

"LifeWallet" has NOT been "working behind the scenes" on this recruitment. At all. However, due to their preparation and experience, they can put something together very quickly.

I also think it's funny that we haven't gone after any other Portal OLs recently. As if Jonathan Denis doesn't exist.

And some people on CIS want to act like guys with "Staff" attached to their names on an internet site are soooooo reliable and credible...
That kids been a clueless joke for a while he doesn’t have any legit sources within the program, everything he is just from a second or third source rumor don’t trust anything that kid said.

Nobody hates Gaby.

Gaby brings this on himself. It's not just his reporting verbiage, it's the fact that he digs his heels and fights with people when anyone questions him or tries to call him out for things that are inaccurate or misleading.

This. In "journalism" if you want to call this that the quicker you admit you're wrong AND the more frequently you use the term In My Opinion the better off you will be.

Accurate. But Gaby's poor use of verbiage added to his hedging is what adds fuel to the fire and brings him so much criticism.
Right. And it isn’t hard to correct. We aren’t asking for it in 12 languages, we’re asking for easily correctable tweaks …

Advertisement
Sure, but he could SAY it in a much more simple, factual, and direct fashion.

"For Miami fans who are reading F$U posts and tweets that emphasize Mims having such a strong relationship with F$U's Alex Atkins, I can report that he had a similarly powerful recruiting relationship with Mario Cristobal and Alex Mirabal. However due to the COVID limitations on recruiting travel and visits (which were particularly strict in the West Coast states of California, Oregon, and Washington), Mims was unable to include Oregon in his Top Five schools. Miami fans can rest easy knowing that Cristobal and Mirabal are capitalizing on those strong early recruiting impressions now that they are recruiting Mims from the Portal while working at a university located in Florida."

Done.
Exactly. And then there is nothing wrong to follow it up with an opinion section:

"My thoughts on the matter...Miami is sitting in a good spot. I'm hearing (bla bla bla) and there are a lot of clear advantage to picking Miami over FSU with the new infrastructure. If I had to make a guess today, it'd be Miami."

Period. No need to hedge. Present the facts, then an opinion. Most reasonable people will not hold it against you if your opinion doesn't pan out (it's recruiting), but being able to separate fact from opinion/conjecture and clearly state it would make him a much better reporter.

Whatever with all this BS either he comes to Miami or he doesn’t. As an O lineman the choice is clear as to where the best place to be developed as FSU is a disaster

Advertisement
Exactly. And then there is nothing wrong to follow it up with an opinion section:

"My thoughts on the matter...Miami is sitting in a good spot. I'm hearing (bla bla bla) and there are a lot of clear advantage to picking Miami over FSU with the new infrastructure. If I had to make a guess today, it'd be Miami."

Period. No need to hedge. Present the facts, then an opinion. Most reasonable people will not hold it against you if your opinion doesn't pan out (it's recruiting), but being able to separate fact from opinion/conjecture and clearly state it would make him a much better reporter.
reality is if you trust your source and they say "we feel good about it" you report that "Miami feels good about it." what else can he say?

Advertisement

I think some of the knocks on the 247 guys are both fair and overstated at the same time. For example, as a member on that site one thing that has annoyed me from day one would be the number of typos I find in their articles, almost like they're not even spell-checking before posting them. ****, I do a quick proofread on my posts on this board before posting. The least they could do is proofread a published "news" article before posting it. As for Gabby, I like him. He seems to work hard and is willing to put himself out there a bit. Could I give him a hard time for little things like saying "sort of" 1000 times when he's speaking on the podcast? I guess I could, but I know what he's saying even if the way he says it sounds like he's waffling. It's just a manner of speaking thing with him that I don't personally see the point in busting his chops over. We all more than know what he's saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back