Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
AB908865-3E67-4530-BEA4-2655DFFDA985.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Where is the update?

There is none. All of this was previously known, except maybe people didn't realize how much interest Mims had in Oregon (aka Mario and Mirabal) out of HS. Other than that, it's literally common knowledge. People believe it's a Miami/FSU battle, Mims has a very strong relationship with Atkins, FSU is only 2.5 hours away from home, and he's also interested in Miami. All things we knew before reading the "update".

I’ve never seen a reporter use the term “I think” so much when reporting news.

Y'all really give homeboy a hard time. I get it, no doubt. But it's hard to say "I know" when literally nobody knows. He's not reporting news. News is when he entered the portal, or when he picks a school. This is all conjecture at this point. He's just saying Miami's staff believes they're in a good spot for the kid, and so does FSU's. It happens all the time. FSU felt they were in a good spot for Travis Hunter. Oops. Miami felt they were in a good spot for Kevin Coleman. Ruh-roh. It's recruiting. Very, very fluid.

Prior to the nationwide shut down in 2020, Oregon was a part of the top group for Mims (12 schools) and sources have indicated that Mario Cristobal and Alex Mirabal have a very strong relationship there. ...but wanted to come on here and emphasize that Cristobal and Mirabal have a good relationship dating back to the recruiting process for the top-ranked available transfer.
That answers my other question. The M&M brothers have pre-existing and strong ties with Mims, along with Steele and JW.

OP updated.

Advertisement
I saw a few posters here asking for an update from some of the Canes insiders. Gaby gives an "update" and instantly gets sh*t on.

Classic :ROFLMAO:

Gaby is still relatively inexperienced and has some work to do as a writer but Jesus...some of y'all are brutal. Give the poor kid a break lmao.

Y'all really give homeboy a hard time. I get it, no doubt. But it's hard to say "I know" when literally nobody knows. He's not reporting news. News is when he entered the portal, or when he picks a school. This is all conjecture at this point. He's just saying Miami's staff believes they're in a good spot for the kid, and so does FSU's. It happens all the time. FSU felt they were in a good spot for Travis Hunter. Oops. Miami felt they were in a good spot for Kevin Coleman. Ruh-roh. It's recruiting. Very, very fluid.
I thought the report was good. When CIS gets on someone it becomes a feeding frenzy. Kid hedges a bit too often but he isn’t as bad as some of you make him out to be.

I saw a few posters here asking for an update from some of the Canes insiders. Gaby gives an "update" and instantly gets sh*t on.

Classic :ROFLMAO:

Gaby is still relatively inexperienced and has some work to do as a writer but Jesus...some of y'all are brutal. Give the poor kid a break lmao.
He’s gotta do a better job of stating the facts/background but standing by an opinion . He mostly states the facts and says, “yeah but idk I could see anything happening”

I agree. I don't hate on the kid. He's going through some growing pains and all of the industry dudes at one point had a bad rap early on. He'll get more polished eventually. And yeah, ALL crootniks qualify ALL of their comments so Gaby doing it is nothing unique. He grinds and yeah, he has made some very bad decisions but hoping he learns from it and grows.

Advertisement
Accurate. But Gaby's poor use of verbiage added to his hedging is what adds fuel to the fire and brings him so much criticism.

Advertisement
I tried reading that and feel the same that many do. So he has had communication with Mario/Mirabal while they were at Oregon during original recruitment and COVID got in the way of his potentially visiting (probably along with not wanting to live in Eugene). Could have been said with far fewer words. Perhaps he gets paid per word.

At least he is commenting that any perceived lead that FSU had is likely moot. Now Mario/Mirabal need to point out the obvious to him and wrap this up. I only hope the kid makes the right decision to be 5 hours further away by car from home than FSU. I think for the right amount of NIL money, he could drive the additional distance…or just fly.

Yall man really hate Gaby huh? Why, what has he done? What i took from what he wrote was yes, Adkins has a good relationship with Mims, but so does Cristobal and Mirabal. So its not like he is gonna be talking to strangers. But to each their own. I like all the updates from whomever they come. Its on you to use your comprehension to analyze what you are reading or hearing. Simple

Sure, but he could SAY it in a much more simple, factual, and direct fashion.

"For Miami fans who are reading F$U posts and tweets that emphasize Mims having such a strong relationship with F$U's Alex Atkins, I can report that he had a similarly powerful recruiting relationship with Mario Cristobal and Alex Mirabal. However due to the COVID limitations on recruiting travel and visits (which were particularly strict in the West Coast states of California, Oregon, and Washington), Mims was unable to include Oregon in his Top Five schools. Miami fans can rest easy knowing that Cristobal and Mirabal are capitalizing on those strong early recruiting impressions now that they are recruiting Mims from the Portal while working at a university located in Florida."

Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back