Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
A bad line at Georgia is the difference between winning a National title or just being a playoff team.

A bad line for Miami is is the difference between barely being bowl eligible vs. having a chance to make it to the ACC championship.

Talent is everything. That’s why my biggest question with Mario is how good of a recruiter is he truly? Can he be our Kirby Smart, and stack top 3-4 recruiting classes back to back to back or is he going to recruit at a Brian Kelly level, more in that 6-9 range?

Both scenarios are infinitely better than what we’ve done in 15 years but there are levels to everything. Mario is going to get us competing for conference championships soon but if we’re going to be a real force and compete for #6 he’s gotta recruit at a top 4 level every year. It’s all about the Jimmies and Joes. Scheme will only take you so far
That's the plan my friend....

Mims follows 2 college football teams on Twitter... The Georgia Bulldogs AND THE MIAMI HURRICANES! Also follows Gattis and Mirabal

Double-check your sources, because those F$U rocket-scientists are CONVINCED that he follows F$U and Alex Atkins exclusively...

Advertisement
We have added some very good players through the portal thus far but adding a kid like Mims would be a grand slam. Mims would be the type of addition that could transform this OL from pretty good to potentially excellent. The question marks at RT immediately disappear leaving guys like Scaife, Campbell, Denis, Sappulo etc to compete for that RG position.

LT - Zion Nelson
LG - Jalen Rivers
C - Jakai Clark
RG - DJ Scaife
RT - Amarius Mims

The starting OL above is very good and the depth on the interior has really been enhanced through the portal with kids like Logan Sappulo and Jonathan Denis adding to Oluwaseun, Rodriguez, Campbell and Seymour.

We still need a huge infusion of talent at the Tackle position as we are lacking in length and overall athleticism but that will come through recruiting. Development has been an issue under previous staffs but will be a strong suit of the current staff. I look forward to the development of Michael McLaughlin and Chris Washington.

Yeah but he won’t be promised it. Wonder if at this point, he wants a guarantee
People always talk about portal kids being promised starting spots, and I don’t get it. What kid believes he won’t have to compete to some degree, and what kind of coach makes that promise? Kid can see our depth chart, and that should be a enough.

Advertisement

NIL is hardly ruining football. Is it helping? Probably not, but other money was already doing that damage. But see, the thing is that as soon as you say “you can have him”, you’ve lost. Not just this kid, but all the kids. This is like al or manny not going after top players because they didn’t think they could land them. It’s some weak-*** defeatist sh*t, and there’s no room for that in recruiting. Welcome to the next decade of fsu recruiting!

Advertisement
mims.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back