2024 Amari Jefferson 4* WR from Chattanooga, TN

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Amari Jefferson was a surprise visitor yesterday. Lives in the heart of Vol country and is committed to UT for baseball, but claims he's 100% open for football recruiting. Found this puzzling then, still find it puzzling now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
4 of the top 5 on campus so far this cycle.
Pretty exciting for sure

Lots of OOS national kids too which would really be a power move if we land some

I mentioned the other day a kid like Scott I don’t think we’ve landed someone like that in 20 years (based on ranking and location etc)

Advertisement
Football will represent a full ride compared to baseball. Can still play baseball if he wants no matter where he signs. At least at first.
Or he could get drafted and go that route. Not sure how elite of a baseball player he is at this point but to have a scholarship from UT says something.

Or he could get drafted and go that route. Not sure how elite of a baseball player he is at this point but to have a scholarship from UT says something.

And it does. They're definitely a good measure of his talent/potential as a baseball player.

Advertisement
Football will represent a full ride compared to baseball. Can still play baseball if he wants no matter where he signs. At least at first.

I understand your point amigo, and how baseball scholarships work, but you and I both know that kid isn't going out of pocket for a dime if he plays baseball at Tennessee regardless of any rule or anything else you or I write or link to.

Advertisement
4 of the top 5 on campus so far this cycle.
My bad, just realized that this is probably true for BOTH DT and WR this cycle.

But I was talking WR because about two weeks ago, it was a commonly accepted fact on CIS that Mario is unable to recruit elite WRs.

My bad, just realized that this is probably true for BOTH DT and WR this cycle.

But I was talking WR because about two weeks ago, it was a commonly accepted fact on CIS that Mario is unable to recruit elite WRs.
Mario getting elite WRs to visit is not the same as getting elite WRs to enroll.

Advertisement
Back