Amari Carter

Advertisement
First time I've seen a targeting play where the defender leads with his ribcage.
(3:49)

The field call was a late hit. The targeting was called from the league office not from the field. Same as the call on Smith. They're going to protect their golden boy.

At this point they might as well call a targeting penalty during warm ups.

First time I've seen a targeting play where the defender leads with his ribcage.
(3:49)

QB sliding feet first though. I thought the Keontra one was for sure BS.

That one was targeting though.

And Carter committing to it. Seeing Trevor slide. If you gone commit that then you go all the way.

He's a dinosaur. He's the equivalent of the enforcer in the nhl. A type of player that has become extinct. Enforcer safeties have no use in today's game. None at all. He should probably never see the field again. But at the very least he needs to be second string and only be pressed into action if a guy loses his helmet for a play or our safeties suffer a string of injuries. I hate to be harsh but it's the truth. He could try lb or striker I suppose.
Well he's now brought on the ref's attention & they're looking at him from the get-go. He's not getting away with anything so he'd better wise up.

Advertisement
Stupid is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results, he’s a senior that’s played a ton of football for us, smh!!

The field call was a late hit. The targeting was called from the league office not from the field. Same as the call on Smith. They're going to protect their golden boy.

At this point they might as well call a targeting penalty during warm ups.
Warm ups??
Shet, soon the ref's will be throwing the flags at the team bus outside the stadium.

Perhaps all former Hurricane defensive highlight hits on YouTube should immediately be taken down and the former players prosecuted . . .

Advertisement
There is a use for players like him. Jamal Carter made 5 tackles in an NFL game last Sunday.

The problem is that he is one of our smartest and most experienced players but continues to make dumb plays. The targeting was inexcusable and a microcosm of Saturday's performance.
Because there is no discipline being taught, no one telling him he needs to stop tackling or looking for big hits all the time.. We encourage him to hit like that and laugh about it every single time, its like a running joke for us to be undisciplined and **** up constantly

It was a BS targeting call BUT Carter has to know better. People won’t remember how many times the defense shot themselves in the foot last night. A lot of missed opportunities to shift momentum

Advertisement
Not to mention Clemson had a holding call on that play that would have put them in a 3rd and 20.
2 series, 2 critical penalties to enable their first 2 TD drives.

We figured they were going to score their 35-40, 450/500 yards.
They didn't need any help.
This is worth pointing out because sometimes these games can swing when a team does or does not believe they are good enough. Without the two boneheaded penalties we likely stop their first 2 drives and suddenly the guys feel like, OK we can play with these dudes. Instead they have the ball the entire first quarter and put us down 14-0. Couple that with the offense can't get right and whether they will admit it or not, most of them knew they were outmatched.

It's not that we can't compete at that level talent wise because I think we can. But we are not disciplined enough. Take away 3\4 of our penalties, which is what a sound team would be expected to have and we are right in that thing to the end. 15 penalties for 135 yards though? Jesus man there is no chance with that.

Advertisement
Put him at outside linebacker already. Should have packed on 15lbs of muscle to take on blockers this off season.

Kid is out there with a C on his jersey getting ejected from the biggest game of his life. Get him out of my sight.

Kid is going to go to the league and ball out some where and we will be like why he didn’t do that here? And plus you can still play after targeting in the NFL

Advertisement
Back