Amari Carter now 100% Crystal Ball to Notre Dame...Hugh??

Advertisement
***an (FSU), Wright (FSU), and Carter (currently uncommitted) are three of our four top safety targets, right?

Don't care about crystal balls, but it'd be pretty brutal not to land any of them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Again, Nick Roberts, a kid who actually wanted to be here gets the cold shoulder while these "better" prospects keep shafting us.

And Deejay Dallas was CB'd to FSU and GA. 90% of those 24/7 guys have zero idea. what they're talking about.

That being said, we're probably taking only 1 more true safety and I'm guessing Burgess and Delpit are the priorities right now

***an (FSU), Wright (FSU), and Carter (currently committed) are three of our four top safety targets, right?

Don't care about crystal balls, but it'd be pretty brutal not to land any of them.

If we dont dare i say red flag

Advertisement
We can't go losing Amari Carter to Notre Lame. Wiffing on our top 3 Safety targets would really suck seeing how 2 of them are from SoFla. There's so much time left and we will fight till NSD if we need to. I have a good feeling that a few kids in the tri county area are going to come out of nowhere during their senior years and we will be right there to scoop them up. Way to early in the game to start talking about red flags.

Amari Carter now 100% Crystal Ball'd on 247 o Notre Dame...Hugh???

You can't necessarily always put a whole lot of stock in 247's magical crystal ball... It's really just guys guessing, sometimes they're right & other times they're not.
Antoine Thompson was (and maybe still is) a 100% crystal ball to Miami, has he committed yet? Come NSD, will he be a Cane? (Probably not).
Although, it's very possible that Amari ends up with Notre Dame, they've been recruiting him just as much as we have, so ultimately if the kid decides he wants to go to them over us, there's not much we can do about it.
Either Banda, Richt & Diaz put the full court press on and convince him to be apart of our program, or we just chalk it up to another recruit loss from our backyard.
That's the recruiting game in South FLA, it's really really tough to keep them all down here, either we get cut throat and start cutting checks or just keep trying to build the best we can.

Last edited:
It's summer. Kids do the camp circuit, see new things, give heat of the moment interviews, etc.

And as the saying goes, most of the time you don't want to be a South Florida kid's first commitment. We have a real staff now. One bad week in June doesn't kill our class anymore.

Advertisement
I think he ends up at ND also. His former teammate is a freshman there. I think we get Juwan Burgess & keep Gibson.

Advertisement
F'agan is a clear stud no brainer. He will be special. I understand Wright is an athlete with burst but question his instincts for safety. Plan B kid to me and I don't care he is ranked. Carter is good but we all have to remember that Miami is a different place. It takes different kind of kids. If a kid with options is torn between ND and Miami I got to question if he really is a Miami type of kid. I am not talking about talent here. I am talking attitude. High Competitiveness on the practice field and then flip the switch and become part of a family atmosphere. It is not for everyone.

For what it's worth I really like Burgess highlights and looks like a true Safety. Miami type of kid. What I want to know is if Gibson will be a swing LB. The kid brings the wood. Looks like he has a Sean Taylor type of frame. Hope he does not play like Taylor Mays of USC who was the most over hyped safety of all time. Got to believe there are a couple of Corners out there in SoFlo or Atlanta that will make a great transition to safety.

***an (FSU), Wright (FSU), and Carter (currently committed) are three of our four top safety targets, right?

I hate to say it but haven't we seen this movie already? Play on the field and score on the board better be different this year. Mark needs to beat FSU to send his message that a new sheriff is in town, or we will see banners before the end of year 3 -- just saying. I cannot wait for the season because I think Mark beat Jimbo with Brad at QB and deline coach with a thirst for qb blood. None of the other stuff is exciting me. Other than Kool, coaching hires were pedestrian; we have another really good guy at HC (grant a better coach), we are looking for "high character" recruits, our top prospects are committing elsewhere ..... Trying to ignore everything until FSU game.

Advertisement
Back