Amari Carter, McCloud and Jarrid Williams can come back

Advertisement
I can tell who didn't watch bowl game from all the McCloud can play DE hot takes. Hopefully the kid realizes after 5 years there are other things in life outside of playing football.

I can tell who didn't watch bowl game from all the McCloud can play DE hot takes. Hopefully the kid realizes after 5 years there are other things in life outside of playing football.
He has his entire life to do those other things.
If I'm him I ride that dream one more year before I decide to start my 9to5 grown up routine.

NGL, I would welcome all 3 back

Jarrid - having more depth wouldn’t hurt
Amari - would be his last hurrah to try and increase his stock. Maybe TRob can coach him up
McCloud - only as a DE! We’ve seen enough at LB
Carter could set the team record for targeting if he comes back.

Advertisement
I personally like Carter on the field, bc without him we have no big hitter. Anytime he is out the game there are no big hits and no one that brings fear to anyone coming across the middle. Until someone steps up or we can find another big hitter I like him on the field in certain situations.

I personally like Carter on the field, bc without him we have no big hitter. Anytime he is out the game there are no big hits and no one that brings fear to anyone coming across the middle. Until someone steps up or we can find another big hitter I like him on the field in certain situations.
They comin'....soon.

Dude is not that kind of player. He's not a Major Wright or whoever. At most he gets one big hit a game and then he's ejected. He's not consistently rocking people at all.

Advertisement
Lots of internet coaching experts all up in their feelings in this thread. CiS is obviously some kind of Cane fandom therapy session for these cats to vent. Let it out!! Tell the world how ya really feel!! Who loves ya? NOBODY STUPID!!!

GO CANES!!!!

Unless something drastically changes if McCloud and Carter come back you know **** well they will be starting and playing a ton taking away minutes from other younger talented players...if Carter is back you have Bolden hall j will a will kinchens Harrell balom Washington and him...thats 9 at the position...who is gna transfer...he needs to move along and I hope he does

It's amazing how absolutely clueless fans are when it comes to roster management. You need depth, scout team players, maturity in the locker room, guys to push other guys... with the 85 not in play we want EVERY kid on this years roster to come back and compete as best they can, unless they are considered a clubhouse cancer for some reason. If they get beat out by a younger kid that is better like we hope, so be it.

Yes, but that would prevent scrawny interwebz tuff guys from screaming about how Miami should expel, evict, and burn the transcripts of every UM football player who has been on-campus for 3 years without developing into an NFL draft prospect.

Because somehow, after years of preaching "Miami family" and supporting the players during Covid, Manny is going to suddenly "teach them a lesson" by forcing upperclassmen to transfer during a year when the 85 counter limit doesn't even apply.

Yep. Tough love, man. You have to live by that 100% of the time, with no exceptions, context, or situational awareness.

Advertisement
Keep them all unless the NCAA allows free agency. If that happens, I’d want Ford and Williams. Heck, Carter and McCloud can stay IF manny is willing to part with the 7 walkons. Let them play Lb & DE.

Players that don’t need to play a single down at Miami ever again...

1. Amari Carter
2. Zach McCloud
3. Jon Ford
4. Gurvan Hall
5. Bradley Jennings
6. DJ Ivey
7. Dee Wiggins
8. Mark Pope
9. DJ Scaife
10. Corey Gaynor
11. Jakai Clark
Agree with most. Im not ready to completely write Hall off tho. Maybe with some good coaching he can be saved. There's a reason Saban came to see this kid. Wouldn't lose a second of sleep if the rest left. We are gonna have some log jams at a number of positions WR Safety OL...Hopefully its not these older kids with less talent that force a younger guy to look elsewhere

Advertisement
Players that don’t need to play a single down at Miami ever again...

1. Amari Carter-targeting jokes aside he is serviceable and could potentially become a solid LB
2. Zach McCloud-agreed,,unless he can bulk up a little and play end but his days as a LB are done
3. Jon Ford-solid rotational player
4. Gurvan Hall-showed potential as a sophomore, not sure what happened last season but I don't think there is a better option in 2021 anyways so lets see.
5. Bradley Jennings-not very good but is there a better option on this roster? Maybe Flagg?
6. DJ Ivey-agreed
7. Dee Wiggins-agreed
8. Mark Pope-agreed
9. DJ Scaife-he has earned the benefit of the doubt, 2 good seasons at RT don't just get erased after 1 bad year at guard, he'll either improve at G or move back to RT
10. Corey Gaynor-serviceable and again is there a better option on the roster?
11. Jakai Clark-serviceable as a guard but better suited as a future center..will likely lose his starting spot now that Donaldson is back.

It's amazing how absolutely clueless fans are when it comes to roster management. You need depth, scout team players, maturity in the locker room, guys to push other guys... with the 85 not in play we want EVERY kid on this years roster to come back and compete as best they can, unless they are considered a clubhouse cancer for some reason. If they get beat out by a younger kid that is better like we hope, so be it.
Thats all well and good if the coaches saw it as that. If you've watched you know they arent treated as depth. They are starters and no matter what they do the coaches keep running them out there...

His big hits are normally targetting so its useless. Also cant hit anyone if you can't catch them or are out of position...he looked pitiful against UNC. Its time to see some better true athletes on the field...Carter comes back and it just limits PT from guys like J will A will Harrell etc

Thats all well and good if the coaches saw it as that. If you've watched you know they arent treated as depth. They are starters and no matter what they do the coaches keep running them out there...

They frequently started in 2020 when we regularly had a ton of kids inactive due to Covid testing or Covid contact tracing.

Just be honest.

Advertisement
Back