Amari Carter, McCloud and Jarrid Williams can come back

Players that don’t need to play a single down at Miami ever again...

1. Amari Carter
2. Zach McCloud
3. Jon Ford
4. Gurvan Hall
5. Bradley Jennings
6. DJ Ivey
7. Dee Wiggins
8. Mark Pope
9. DJ Scaife
10. Corey Gaynor
11. Jakai Clark
I see why your screen name is krazy cane, except f4 1, 2 and 5 everybody else is needed f4 experienced depth!

Advertisement
Seen enough of Carter after the UNC debacle good god . I don’t want to hear anything about this man being a hard hitter anymore

I think 5 can be used in situations to be effective (blitzing LB). 53 sucks at football. It doesn’t matter where he plays. Go watch how bad he was at DE in the bowl game

Williams we could definitely use. My Cloud as a fourth DE has some value. Amari Carter doesn’t really bring much to the table with the log jam at safety.

Advertisement
Personally, i want all 3 back.

call me naive, but I expect to see open competition at every spot on defense. May the best CANE win.

save that disrespect talk for bama players.

They frequently started in 2020 when we regularly had a ton of kids inactive due to Covid testing or Covid contact tracing.

Just be honest.
Carter started over Bolden and hall plenty of times last yr when all 3 were healthy and McCloud did the same...it was not just due to covid.

Did you ever stop and think that maybe... just maybe... these coaches who are trying to feed their family's by working in the most cutthroat of industries, and who see what happens all week long in practice, while we don't, just might actually be putting the players that give us the best chance to win out there? Just maybe? That there just isn't a BETTER alternative at that moment on the roster?

Fans always assume the next guy who they don't see is better and ready. Coaches see what's up all week. Sometimes the next best option is just that. Next best and not close.

JHH, a freshman, jumped Ford, a senior. Same with Couch and Blades for lords sake.

Message board tin-foil helmet selective memory is a thing.
So you believe pope and Wiggins were the best options? Jennings and McCloud were the best options? What did Carter do better than Bolden and hall. Bolden was having a crazy good start to the season and somehow Carter was being run out there as a starter...obviously you hope the coaches are always playing the best options to win but no I don't always think that happens. Especially when you see other guys look better when they do get an opportunity to play...if pope and Wiggins were the best options we had at WR then wow...

NGL, I would welcome all 3 back

Jarrid - having more depth wouldn’t hurt
Amari - would be his last hurrah to try and increase his stock. Maybe TRob can coach him up
McCloud - only as a DE! We’ve seen enough at LB
Bench depth only.

Advertisement
Johnson, Harvey, Cam Williams, Chantz Williams, Ishmael, Davis, maybe Blissett could play DE too. 7 guys is enough. Tell McCloud thanks but get the **** out.

NGL, I would welcome all 3 back

Jarrid - having more depth wouldn’t hurt
Amari - would be his last hurrah to try and increase his stock. Maybe TRob can coach him up
McCloud - only as a DE! We’ve seen enough at LB
Keep Williams and that's it. Time to move on from 53 & 5.

I love the idea of having everyone back.... more bodies, better for practice, more competition, etc.

The issue I have is the staffs love affair with playing the Seniors. They could have the worst game ever (see McCloud), and still get the start the following week.

Gotta be frustrating for the younger cats looking for an opportunity.

Williams is the clear starter at RT if he comes back.
Carter has flashed in the pseudo LB role as a blitzer.
McCloud can't play in space but if he's allowed to exclusively rush the passer, maybe he'll find a niche.

Advertisement
So you believe pope and Wiggins were the best options? Jennings and McCloud were the best options? What did Carter do better than Bolden and hall. Bolden was having a crazy good start to the season and somehow Carter was being run out there as a starter...obviously you hope the coaches are always playing the best options to win but no I don't always think that happens. Especially when you see other guys look better when they do get an opportunity to play...if pope and Wiggins were the best options we had at WR then wow...

I am sick-and-******* tired of the pvssified "but X started over Y" complaints from know-nothing porsters who just look up starting line-up cards and form woefully-underinformed opinions.

First, it is ridiculous to think that coaches who are coaching for their very survival, coaches who can be fired at the end of any unsuccessful season, would intentionally play inferior players on a widespread and ongoing basis. This isn't "Tank for Tua", there is no advantage to be gained by losing college football games. Might coaches have opinions that are different from some porsters, such as valuing experience over raw/unrefined talent? Sure. But that doesn't mean that YOUR definition of "best options" is the same as what the coaches feel are their "best options".

Second, you are not there during the weekly practices, you have no idea what these players have been asked to do in the way of preparation, so you are completely blind to SOME of the criteria that the coaches use to assess who starts and who plays in the various games.

Nobody is saying that they have been completely happy with the starting lineup in every game, nobody is completely satisfied with the snapcounts of all the players for every game. You sit on your couch and presume to know everything because of your own personal opinions. And, hey, if you actually know so much, then go out and become a football coach. Clearly, there aren't enough of them in the world.

I'm sure that a bunch of mopes are going to try to mischaracterize what I'm saying here. I am NOT "defending" Manny or the other coaches. I am not "supporting" Manny or the other coaches. I am simply cognizant of the fact that the coaches have their observations and reasons for why they play who they play, and they are privy to more information and data points than we are.

More importantly, I have witnessed multiple games where our team has transformed from "giving up 3 consecutive TDs" to "stopping the next six drives without a score". This Jekyll/Hyde defense is evidence of COACHING issues, where we may have called the wrong formations and plays, rather than "6 of our 11 defenders are horrible human beings who should be run out of Division I-A football". I do feel like Diaz/Baker differences and Banda/Rumph differences have confused the crap out of our defense, to the point where some of these kids are not playing to their potential, or at least until someone steps in and simplifies/adjusts the defense mid-game.

Yes, I'm angry at Pope/Wiggins, but I was also mad at Harley until the light came on, and now most UM fans are happy to have Harley coming back for another year. I am not saying we should start Pope/Wiggins ever again, but if the light comes on for them in the next 8 months, they can still help our team. Vacating their scholarships (when we can't even replace them in 2021) does not help the team at all.

Many of our fans are a bunch of PlayStation All-Americans who think that fantasy football stats should rule everything. Meanwhile, the Hurricane teammates who care about and respect Pope/Wiggins will have greater respect for coaches who continue to try to reach those guys, rather than give up on those guys. The same is true for kids who play linebacker or defensive back. If Pope/Wiggins/Jennings/Carter were causing problems, that would be different.

Seen enough of Carter after the UNC debacle good god . I don’t want to hear anything about this man being a hard hitter anymore

I don’t know why ppl on here act like Carter can hit? He scary as **** Tucks his shoulders closes his eyes every time he “attempts” to tackle somebody... that’s half the reason why he misses so many tackles the other half is he’s just a terrible fb player. Moving him to LBer wont make a difference.

First, blame the coaches not the kids.

Second, you only push kids out if you are hitting your team caps or they're bad for the program. And young kids need to earn the right to play, not back their way into a spot because of vacancies.

I never want to see McCloud as a starter again. But until someone beats him out, he's our best option. Carter IMO should always have been a LB or at least a striker. And Williams was a very respectable starting lineman. Very different issues across the three.

Advertisement
I don’t know why ppl on here act like Carter can hit? He scary as **** Tucks his shoulders closes his eyes every time he “attempts” to tackle somebody... that’s half the reason why he misses so many tackles the other half is he’s just a terrible fb player. Moving him to LBer wont make a difference.
I agree that he can improve his tackling technique a lot.... A LOT!! But Carter lays the wood.

For everyone who thinks he cant hit.. i assure you, you want no problems with Carter in a inside drill setting.

With today’s game becoming more hybrid, i wanna see his skillset at use playing Weakside backer.

Carter needs to be used as a modern day in-the-box versatile linebacker.

He's not a safety. He's being grossly misused and asked to do things his skill set isn't suited for. When you add to this the fact our linebacker talent is currently very average, it's even more perplexing.

Carter needs to be used as a modern day in-the-box versatile linebacker.

He's not a safety. He's being grossly misused and asked to do things his skill set isn't suited for. When you add to this the fact our linebacker talent is currently very average, it's even more perplexing.
Carter and McCloud are slow, stiff and dumb as a bag of hammers, but maybe they can excel on 3rd down packages strictly as pass rushers. We're not exactly loaded with seasoned pass rushers in 2021, so just unleash these two mongoloids on the opposing QB and don't ask them to do anything else, ever.

Carter and McCloud are slow, stiff and dumb as a bag of hammers, but maybe they can excel on 3rd down packages strictly as pass rushers. We're not exactly loaded with seasoned pass rushers in 2021, so just unleash these two mongoloids on the opposing QB and don't ask them to do anything else, ever.

Carter might be able to get away with covering tight ends, but you might be right.

Here's what I do know, he belongs as close to the line of scrimmage as possible. He has no business covering receivers in the secondary.

He's an undersized linebacker who needs to be used situationally

Advertisement
Back