Amari Carter Hit Observation

Advertisement
Advertisement
Happened right in front of me. The hit was as clean as possible, led with the shoulder into the chest and turned away. Yea the helmets hit but not the crown and the WR lowered his head. It certainly was not as much contact as last week when VT got theirs overturned on review.

With that being said, that WR was not the same after that hit. Yea Carter got ejected but dudes didn’t have that same energy over the middle afterwards.

Advertisement
I doubt that gets called in the NFL. He didn’t lead with his head and the majority of the contact was body to body.

Yet Jarren took the crown after the DL guy launched at him and no foul...the standards and how they pertain to us are normally so different. I liked Carter’s hit and thought it was clean. The WR dropped his head into the kill zone if anything. Don’t recall them running posts after that either

Advertisement
Terrible call. He did everything you’re supposed to do. He led with his shoulder the best he could. It wasn’t malicious. It was a football play. On TV, the announcers basically said that he tried to make the hit the right way, but sometimes you just have to concede the touchdown, which is absolutely insane.

I would have more ****ed at Carter if he did NOT make that play. I think it was a bad call anyway, but wtf is he supposed to do there. Our S&C coach emphasizes playing fast. He was playing fast. We get on these guys for being soft. AC was playing tough. A shame it was a call. More of a shame that it was an ejection.

Did they score the TD? On that play or even after it? He did his job. Just because it was violent doesn’t mean that it was illegal. I was right there too. Funny thing is it took the refs much longer to review the play where the UVA WR clearly stepped out of bounds while bobbling the ball than it did to confirm a targeting penalty that didn’t exist. There is such bias against UM for playing “too rough”. This is football! Not Patty Cake!

Advertisement
Yet Jarren took the crown after the DL guy launched at him and no foul...the standards and how they pertain to us are normally so different. I liked Carter’s hit and thought it was clean. The WR dropped his head into the kill zone if anything. Don’t recall them running posts after that either

Under the college rules, Halls hit was targetting.

But that VT hit last week should have been targeting as well.

I didn't have an issue with the officials for the Viriginia game. But the officials were terrible in the VT game. Like blatantly ******** Miami over on several calls.

Advertisement
Back