Amari Carter - any news?

Carter moving to striker is a good thing. Not because he’s going to be a good player there, he’s not. It just means the safety reps he was inevitably going to get will now go to Avantae Williams. If they want to make Carter the third team striker, go for it. It keeps him off the field.
Idk why y’all set yourselves up to be disappointed..Look man, Carter will play. That leadership **** is a real thing. Like it or not but that comes into play everywhere. 44 will be in the 2 deep. 53 will see looks a DE. Unless guys overwhelmingly Better y’all already know how it’s gunna go

Advertisement
Idk why y’all set yourselves up to be disappointed..Look man, Carter will play. That leadership **** is a real thing. Like it or not but that comes into play everywhere. 44 will be in the 2 deep. 53 will see looks a DE. Unless guys overwhelmingly Better y’all already know how it’s gunna go
If it’s true that he’s being moved to striker, he’s not getting on the field. They can’t play the experience card when the two guys ahead of him on the depth chart are in their fourth and third year already. There’s no “untested”underclassmen at the position for him to steal playing time from. Maybe he gets run in some short yardage package but if the striker move is legit, that means his playing time is about to take a serious hit. He can lead from the sidelines

Advertisement
Some folks just don’t know football bro! Smh.
We need to stop thinking the striker is a nickel cornerback and realize it’s just a fancy name for a strong side linebacker. Against a traditional offense, the Striker or SAM Will line up on the same side as the tight end most times. Today’s offenses aren’t as vanilla so you’re not always going heads up against an inline tight end like the old days. Depending on formation, the strong side linebacker may be asked to cover a slot receiver or a flexed tight end. Thus why they tend to play smaller, quicker guys at the striker position who maybe can’t cover as well as a corner but won’t get embarrassed like a traditional linebacker.

Carter to striker allows Keontra to redshirt. This is Carter's final year of eligibility and Frierson very well may move on after 4 years at Miami, and we'd go into 2022 with Keontra (R-SO) and Chase (R-FR)

Advertisement
We need to stop thinking the striker is a nickel cornerback and realize it’s just a fancy name for a strong side linebacker. Against a traditional offense, the Striker or SAM Will line up on the same side as the tight end most times. Today’s offenses aren’t as vanilla so you’re not always going heads up against an inline tight end like the old days. Depending on formation, the strong side linebacker may be asked to cover a slot receiver or a flexed tight end. Thus why they tend to play smaller, quicker guys at the striker position who maybe can’t cover as well as a corner but won’t get embarrassed like a traditional linebacker.

How on brand for this site is the original post saying that Strikers don't cover slot receivers, which, of course, is completely ******* wrong, and then buddy quoting it and saying people don't know football LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Advertisement
😂😂😂 Keontra is not RS, cmon Rok
It's for the betterment of everyone involved. There's no good reason for Frierson to come off the field, and if he does then they can use Carter at striker and not have to worry. Keontra can redshirt and have 3 years remaining, or he can play sparingly again in 2021 and have 2 years of eligibility remaining. The case for not RS'ing may rest on him potentially moving to WLB but that doesn't appear imminent.

As I think others have said let’s hope this means Keontra getting moved to LB and Carter can backup Frierson on blitz packages only
Id prefer chase on the field than Carter. I’d take my hits of what he lacks in experience versus the huge talent /athlete gap. Frierson didn’t exactly show up in game shape , so I don’t know what’s up there.

How on brand for this site is the original post saying that Strikers don't cover slot receivers, which, of course, is completely ******* wrong, and then buddy quoting it and saying people don't know football LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
That caught me off guard too lol.

Strikers normally cover slots lol. That’s why they're on the field, lb’s deal with te’s/rb’s preferably.

Advertisement
Exactly.

If it’s true that he’s being moved to striker, he’s not getting on the field. They can’t play the experience card when the two guys ahead of him on the depth chart are in their fourth and third year already. There’s no “untested”underclassmen at the position for him to steal playing time from. Maybe he gets run in some short yardage package but if the striker move is legit, that means his playing time is about to take a serious hit. He can lead from the sidelines
Lol bro I’ll bet you 2 over priced hard rock beers on that...but ultimately the numbers say were good at Srker barring injury. I think Carter brings something as a blitxzer in certain packages that Keontra and gil maybe don’t (as far as we’ve seen)

So in my honest humble opinion this is all a mute point. We are gunna roll with 3 safeties with Tae getting more burn in the rotation as the year goes on..but what TROB had to say told me all I needed to know. The first names he highlighted were Hall, Bubba and Carter..he spoke on Tae, balom and kam (who he recruited at AU) potential for the future..but he’s gunna roll with the older cats..does that make Trob a coarch? Well let cis decide that😂

Advertisement
Back