ALRIGHT BOYS LETS TALK GA TECH

Advertisement
Take away the dive, it's killed us every time they have beaten us.

That's the key to the triple option. Take the dive away and make them go outside, where our speed is better than theirs. I just want to come out of this game with a solid win and injury free from those **** chop blocks.

Firstandcanes is spot on. We have to stop the Half Back Dive to win. The last time we lost they had that big white kid who ran that HB dive over and over and over. Need to put them in 2nd and 3rd and long.

yup the last time we played at tech the slow *** FB was killing us on the dive/belly play. Al and doritos responded by backing up denzel and company 3 more yards. I wanted to strangle the **** out of golden

If we smash them we likely will jump into the top 10 with 3 top 10 match-ups.

#7 Stanford vs #10 Washington
#4 Michigan vs #8 Wisconsin
#3 UL vs #5 Clemson

At worst, we should move up to #11 with a solid victory leading to a top 15 game vs FSU.

I don't care of rankings, why so many here put so much weight in the rankings? Winning will take care of everything.
We will be moving on up as long as we take care of our end! I hope fsu loses every game they play. I could care less if they're ranked or not!! Go Canes

Advertisement
If we win, it's not a ? in my mind, it's going to be how we win...

Like I said about App St, I want blood on the football field. I want every single opponents coach to have the same tune after they play us: "Boy, this Miami team is really good. You can tell this is a way different team than last year."

I want to smoke them to show the ACC Coastal, the ACC, and the entire NCAA that the disrespect stops this year.

We win by 5 TDs.

Was Justin Thomas banged up from their game on Saturday? Could have sworn I saw him limping off the field headed to the locker rooms? If not, Hope he gets taken out early like we did last year too!

Too much speed on offense and defense our DL will be in the backfield all game Miami Rolls 37-13 head into FSU week ranked in the top 10.

Their run defense isn't bad.

Their pass defense is where they are to be had.

Like stated, go up early and they have big trouble.

Justin Thomas is a solid qb in their offense and very fast, I expect him to get a few on us. Shaq Quarterman will have to supplant him a few times. Their main back isn't as big or tough as their use to having for that dive play.

Advertisement
My prediction....

2013-10-0515_35_15.gif

I think we roll...but I do anticipate us giving up a few chunk plays with our LB youth and aggressive style. If we can (as I expect) nullify the dive option we should control this game by keeping them in 2nd and 3rd and long. But I imagine there will be some misdirection stuff that gets us caught out of position. I don't think it will be close to enough for them to ever really make it a game but I am preparing to be highly annoyed a couple times.

Well GT runs the power option and what do old Miami defenses do to the option? 6.5 not enough wood next question!

Advertisement
Their run defense isn't bad.

Their pass defense is where they are to be had.

Like stated, go up early and they have big trouble.

Justin Thomas is a solid qb in their offense and very fast, I expect him to get a few on us. Shaq Quarterman will have to supplant him a few times. Their main back isn't as big or tough as their use to having for that dive play.

You had a nice little rhyme there going all Dr. Seuss on us for a minute.

Gt hasn't been as affective as they normally are rushing so far this year. Idk if it's a talent for off or players not executing

Obviously they struggled vs Clemson which is reasonable but we are actually rushing for more yardage than they are and they played mercer Boston College and Vanderbilt so not exact stiff competition

I noticed that too. Normally they have numerous explosive runs every game and run for a country mile. They have looked off this year.
Yeah the key is getting out ahead early like Clemson did.

If we can get up by two scores early, they are forced to break from the triple option and attempt to throw it. Pretty sure I could throw the ball better than that gt qb and it's not even saying much

I totally agree. I think the first quarter will be crucial. If we can score quickly and go up two to three touchdowns like we did against App State it's game over. But if it's still close then they will really test our depth on defense, especially at LB.

Advertisement
It was just a comment about three top 10 matchups this week. This board isn't worth the time now that Miami has the potential to win. Going back to the private boards to talk football.

I know we are young at LB but they seem to play wise beyond their years. NOW, the option is a whole new ball game. Me personally, the key is going to be the front 4, specifically the DTs. Against Clemson, the DTs below up a lot of their runs and forced them outside where their LBs, CBs, and Ss were in position to make the plays. I think if the front 4 can do their thing it will make it much easier on the young LBs. What is everyone's thoughts? I think we limit them but allow a couple gashing runs and control the game for the most part. They just don't scare me. I say we load the box and make Justin Thomas try and beat us. I don't think he can. They will eat some clock and keep it close for a little while but we take over with some big plays late 2nd qtr...

A lot of single high safety. Take away the dive and make them run laterally. Once there down 21 they'll start to throw the ball a lot and they don't do that well. Key to the game, Squeeze and spill the ball out to the sidelines and tackle well in space.

GT sucks and this should be an easy victory. The only way they have a shot is if our DL plays Charmin soft and the linebackers are befuddled. End of thread.

Advertisement
Back