ALRIGHT BOYS LETS TALK GA TECH

marshallrc13

Senior
I know we are young at LB but they seem to play wise beyond their years. NOW, the option is a whole new ball game. Me personally, the key is going to be the front 4, specifically the DTs. Against Clemson, the DTs below up a lot of their runs and forced them outside where their LBs, CBs, and Ss were in position to make the plays. I think if the front 4 can do their thing it will make it much easier on the young LBs. What is everyone's thoughts? I think we limit them but allow a couple gashing runs and control the game for the most part. They just don't scare me. I say we load the box and make Justin Thomas try and beat us. I don't think he can. They will eat some clock and keep it close for a little while but we take over with some big plays late 2nd qtr...

Advertisement
This is a game where Jamal carter needs to shine. He doesn't really have to worry about covering. Just play in the box and protect the outside runs while the DTs protect the inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see Thomas finishing this game. Diaz with an extra week to analyze film will unleash pain and suffering through our DLine. The LBs may be young but they are good. Our DBs will play close to the line and play well. Having Colbert back will help since he can hit like a safety.

On offense I think we can beat 'em all day on intermediate routes with our plethora of TEs, and deep balls to WRs isolated with their corners.
Their DL is a little bit better than I expected though so running the ball won't be as easy as I initially thought. But we should keep at it anyway to keep them honest (And there is always potential to break a long one like BC did against them in the opener.)

We are now playing Cane defense. The DNA of that defense destroyed the option in college football when everyone was playing it and won 3 NCs doing so. Mark played GT every year. Even Golden beat them. Our old method was basically, stop the fullback dive(or inside play) then use speed to tackle everyone --(every man assigned to tackle someone, not follow the ball). While we must worry about everyone until further notice, we "should" beat GT. We are now strong up the middle, fast on the outside and aggressive everywhere. Diaz is watching old Miami tape -- beating the option 101 is in those.

I don't see Thomas finishing this game. Diaz with an extra week to analyze film will unleash pain and suffering through our DLine. The LBs may be young but they are good. Our DBs will play close to the line and play well. Having Colbert back will help since he can hit like a safety.

On offense I think we can beat 'em all day on intermediate routes with our plethora of TEs, and deep balls to WRs isolated with their corners.
Their DL is a little bit better than I expected though so running the ball won't be as easy as I initially thought. But we should keep at it anyway to keep them honest (And there is always potential to break a long one like BC did against them in the opener.)

- I think this could be a statement game for our interior DL! You may be right, Thomas might not finish. Especially if our guys keep hitting like they have been.
- Their DL did slow down Clemson quite a bit.
- I see a **** ton of WR screens, quick passes to the flats, and TE crosses.
- Would love to put them to sleep early, rest some starters, and stay away from those stupid *** chop blocks. (They should be illegal)

Advertisement
If LB do what they're supposed to we will be fine. Offensively we may see some more tempo at first. If the D holds up we probably try to control TOP and move away from tempo. But what do I know?

pauljohnson.jpg

O really?

I got the same feeling watching Clemson's D-line destroy GT. While I am a little concerned about our youth at LB, I am confident our line will smash them, and our LBs will just have to clean up the mess.

Advertisement
Our DL has to capitalize on their weak OL and disrupt their strategy.

Advertisement
Take away the dive, it's killed us every time they have beaten us.

That's the key to the triple option. Take the dive away and make them go outside, where our speed is better than theirs. I just want to come out of this game with a solid win and injury free from those **** chop blocks.

Our DTs are gonna stuff the FB. We good after that. They can't out run us sideways. GT can't recover from tfl plays either, 30-10.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

- I think this could be a statement game for our interior DL! You may be right, Thomas might not finish. Especially if our guys keep hitting like they have been.
- Their DL did slow down Clemson quite a bit.
- I see a **** ton of WR screens, quick passes to the flats, and TE crosses.
- Would love to put them to sleep early, rest some starters, and stay away from those stupid *** chop blocks. (They should be illegal)
Their DL is good for the offense Clemson runs. I told people App st got the perfect matchup with Tennessee sideway run game. Run straight ahead and it's a different game. And if they sell out. Kaaya will eat off those rpo with off coverage, then burn them deep when they step up.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Take away the dive, it's killed us every time they have beaten us.

I recall screaming that very thing at the tv the year Doritos decided to spread the DL out and let DP take on the center 10 yds downfield instead of making them go outside.

I'll just be happy when our back seven isn't lined up 15 yards off the line of scrimmage.

I'll just be happy when our back seven isn't lined up 15 yards off the line of scrimmage.

This was my first thought. "Hey maybe this year I won't have to watch our entire secondary playing deep cover 4 against a run-first option team."

You can be sure Johnson will run misdirection plays to see if our Young linebackers bite. I am sure Richt and Diaz are keeping it simple. Kill the dive Hit the Qb and let your fast guys take the pitchman. We have enough personnel to do this now.

Advertisement
Back