ALRIGHT BOYS LETS TALK GA TECH

If we smash them we likely will jump into the top 10 with 3 top 10 match-ups.

#7 Stanford vs #10 Washington
#4 Michigan vs #8 Wisconsin
#3 UL vs #5 Clemson

At worst, we should move up to #11 with a solid victory leading to a top 15 game vs FSU.
90cane is right. Rankings DO matter. The only time they don't matter is if you're undefeated. The whole point of rankings is to be as high as possible. I'm not sure why people think their meaningless

I understand them being meaningless preseason or before conference play for sure.. But they definitely matter and us being in the top 10 is big in terms of perception of the program for recruits and media. Not to mention bowl games later
I don't care of rankings, why so many here put so much weight in the rankings? Winning will take care of everything.
We will be moving on up as long as we take care of our end! I hope fsu loses every game they play. I could care less if they're ranked or not!! Go Canes

So it's better to talk to recruits about how you're a top 10 team than to say you haven't finished in the top 25 in forever? I'll buy that.

Advertisement
Our front 7 or 8 just need to learn how to play with their hands down against this team. Those chop blocks put a starting Dend from Clemson out of the game last week. I hope Richt runs up the score if one of our D linemen gets hurt behind that chit.

Diaz has the horses to eat that **** alive. Our DTs should own the middle, and our penetration will cause problems and force fast decisions. We should eat up front.

Facts, they have nothing for our front. The left side of their line is the best side. But our dline talent is going to shine.

I think we are deeper on the Dline than Clemson

Johnson has been trying to throw the ball a lot more this year. Thomas is actually a decent passer even though he looks like **** doing it. Watch for him to try to hit some pass plays on us.

Keyword is "trying". They just dont pass out of enough formations to keep a defense honest. Most of their passing plays are telegraphed with the same formations and motions.

Pj did pull outside some new wrinkles toward the end of the Clemson game but they dont have the playmakers for it to be consistent success, imo.

Diaz has the horses to eat that **** alive. Our DTs should own the middle, and our penetration will cause problems and force fast decisions. We should eat up front.

Facts, they have nothing for our front. The left side of their line is the best side. But our dline talent is going to shine.

I think we are deeper on the Dline than Clemson

AND more athletic. We got a bunch of Barkley's up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Chise, most of their pass plays came out of the 2-4 trips and maybe 2 out of their base 2-3 over formation.

I havent looked at the personnel groupings but all of their passing plays are televised pre snap. I expect diaz to have us well prepared unless pj pulls some new ****. But really they just dont have the pass blocking, especially in the interior, to pass on us.

20160927_004505.jpg 2-3 over

20160927_004448.jpg 2-4 trips

Last edited:
Yeah jerz, way more athletecism up front. Clemson didnt have near the length or athletecism we have. Especially at the DE position.

One thing thing about GT is their OL is so, so bad, teams are no longer having to play "sound" and not shoot gaps. Everybody is just bum rushing their DL in an all out jailbreak, which is forcing early pitches. Defenses are then just sending their LBs and Safeties into the flats where they know the pitch has no place else to go. Resulting in any tackles. It use to be you didnt' want to get too aggressive against GT, instead play sound, assignment football. You obviously still want to play your assignments. But if you watch the way teams have played them going back to last year, everybody has been playing them in a hyper-aggressive defensive scheme. And that is actually tailor made for our defense.
On defense they play kinda like App State did. Ton of cushion for the WRs, no pressure from the defensive line. Roof is the personification of "Bend don't break" on defense. We will bubble screen that to death like we did App. State.

Good post. Spot on. This is, essentially, the formula clemson used, defensively.

Clemsons gameplan on offense left a lot to be desired, tho.

gt did play a lot of soft coverage to the wide side of the field and Clemson never tried to exploit it. Im anxious to see if Richt tests their DBs tackling as he did app states.

Difference is, we really didnt get to see how GT defends the bunch, double y slots, the shotgun split set, i mean richt has a lot of formations and id love to see how he attacks roofs defense.

I wouldnt say he personifies the bend but dont break tho. They blitzed enough to scrap that notion.

Advertisement
What has me confident:

- GT just looked very slow vs. Clemson. Slower than I can remember them ever looking.
- Even if we get out of position, they don't have enough speed at the skill positions to make us pay.
- Their longest run through 4 games is 31 yards.
- We had an extra week to prepare
- Richt is 6-2 vs. Paul Johnson

What has me worried:

- We're 2-3 in our last 5 trips to Atlanta, with 1 of our wins coming in OT. We haven't played well @GT
- Richt is 6-2 vs. Paul Johnson, but 6 games were by 8 points or less. They've been close games.
- Starting 3 freshman LB's, even as good as they are, is a little worrisome vs this offense. I'm more worried about the mental discipline & assignments than the physical part
- I hope we're not overlooking GT with FSU coming next week. We were @Cincinnati the week before FSU last year and got caught.

Straight up, we're the obviously better team, by a lot. This shouldn't be that close. BUT...I'm definitely concerned about looking ahead to FSU. If we're there mentally, we roll them.

Yo! we had radio, alfraud, and NO'd as the coRches....Diaz got this!

Advertisement
I'm not worried about tech, although I think it won't be a cakewalk. I say we maintain a two score lead on them the whole game. I expect their offense to struggle with our speed, its all about getting 3RD AND LONG with that offense. Kaaya plays well and we might rush for more yards than them.

Their run defense isn't bad.

Their pass defense is where they are to be had.

Like stated, go up early and they have big trouble.

Justin Thomas is a solid qb in their offense and very fast, I expect him to get a few on us. Shaq Quarterman will have to supplant him a few times. Their main back isn't as big or tough as their use to having for that dive play.

Yup

Advertisement
I know we are young at LB but they seem to play wise beyond their years. NOW, the option is a whole new ball game. Me personally, the key is going to be the front 4, specifically the DTs. Against Clemson, the DTs below up a lot of their runs and forced them outside where their LBs, CBs, and Ss were in position to make the plays. I think if the front 4 can do their thing it will make it much easier on the young LBs. What is everyone's thoughts? I think we limit them but allow a couple gashing runs and control the game for the most part. They just don't scare me. I say we load the box and make Justin Thomas try and beat us. I don't think he can. They will eat some clock and keep it close for a little while but we take over with some big plays late 2nd qtr...

Richt has dominated GT as did Al Golden. We should win. Diaz's defenses are also supposed to be great against the run. Diaz's main problem is that his defenses aren't always great against the pass, but that won't matter very much vs GT.

Advertisement
Back