Confirmed Alonzo Highsmith (joining Miami staff, 5.25 update)

Advertisement
Can we just hire him & get it over with already?

What do we need to keep Snake James around for?

And I’m not even in favor of hiring ZO as AD, but it’s beyond obvious he’s the next guy once Snake is gone, so what’s the hold up?
All this ******* waiting. Fire Blake. Move the **** on. Let’s go

Advertisement
AD across sports
Personally feel the attitude and mindset he brings is what is sorely needed in the dept. I know he doesn’t have “experience” in this type of role but at the end of the day, as long as he brings in like minded competent people, gets people to open their check books and holds everyone within the dept accountable he would probably be just fine.

Personally feel the attitude and mindset he brings is what is sorely needed in the dept. I know he doesn’t have “experience” in this type of role but at the end of the day, as long as he brings in like minded competent people, gets people to open their check books and holds everyone within the dept accountable he would probably be just fine.
hes gonna know how to find the right CBB coach or baseball coach

“Women’s basketball? I ain’t scared of you *****”.

Advertisement
hes gonna know how to find the right CBB coach or baseball coach
Well at most places - coaching decisions aren’t made by one guy. Usually a committee approach or a search firm is utilized. Again, it’s about putting people around him to help with some of the inexperience. But just like a head coach of any team, he needs to establish a culture of actually winning championships instead of “building” ones.

“Women’s basketball? I ain’t scared of you *****”.
I mean what’s wrong with that? Shouldn’t all our teams be trying to dominate everyone else whether it’s tennis, golf, diving. Whatever. Why shouldn’t we be great there too?

Can we just hire him & get it over with already?

What do we need to keep Snake James around for?

And I’m not even in favor of hiring ZO as AD, but it’s beyond obvious he’s the next guy once Snake is gone, so what’s the hold up?
I think it’s obvious he’s involved but I doubt AD I really think he will just be football AD or Gm type roll

Advertisement
I think it’s obvious he’s involved but I doubt AD I really think he will just be football AD or Gm type roll

All sports AD is a big step up. Miami just wasted 5+ years with a guy not ready for all that responsibility. No matter how much I like Highsmth’s attitude and promise, I think it’s risky to do it again. Football AD makes more sense to me. But of course that adds to cost and org complexity if you have 2 ADs. And Miami isn’t very comfortable with either of those.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back